BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
ThEnder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI N54 6MT

Am I the only one who thinks Dysons are over-rated? I bought a Dyson at Costco and returned it because it didn't suck very well...Miele is where it's at for awesome home vacs.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #24
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Kenmore
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
faou4rm
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I'd say invest in a regular Dyson if you have carpets to vacuum in your place, especially if you have pets. It's almost disturbing how much dirt, pet fur, and other crap they suck out of your carpets compared to other vacuums. For vacuuming out cars and other dirty jobs, wet/dry vacs are key.
hmmmm okay so dyson for the house

30-100 $$ for wet/dry vacs

thats half a grand at the spot for vacuums hmmm

thanks for the thoughts !!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

dyson
      09-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #27
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Dysons are over-rated? I bought a Dyson at Costco and returned it because it didn't suck very well...Miele is where it's at for awesome home vacs.
I'll never buy another Dyson product, over rated and over priced. Plus I am not a big fan of "bagless" because you get all that dust all over trying to empty it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Kenmore
+1 . Consistently rated at the top of Consumer Reports for a reason. I have 2 Kenmores and one Miele... and for half the price, the Kenmore performs just as well.
      09-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #28
ake53
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E53

perhaps a kirby with car attachments? I hate dysons! used to have a few models. biggest waste of money. all plastic junk. try repairing it. Kirby is all metal and very good esp after tune-ups. But for cars that's a diff story....

one day My shop vac broke. It was my favorite vac for cars by ridgid as its sole purpose wash to clean cars and it was cheap. Back than 2 years ago only 30... but home depot was out of stock http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-3-...3#.Ui3iR8ashcY

so I went up a notch and went all out...
this kit
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Pr...5#.Ui3ilMashcY
and this vac
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-...1#.Ui3it8ashcY

that's more than enough to do cars. I love the attachments because it picks up dust off the dash without scratching.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ake53 View Post
perhaps a kirby with car attachments? I hate dysons! used to have a few models. biggest waste of money. all plastic junk. try repairing it. Kirby is all metal and very good esp after tune-ups. But for cars that's a diff story....

one day My shop vac broke. It was my favorite vac for cars by ridgid as its sole purpose wash to clean cars and it was cheap. Back than 2 years ago only 30... but home depot was out of stock http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-3-...3#.Ui3iR8ashcY

so I went up a notch and went all out...
this kit
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Pr...5#.Ui3ilMashcY
and this vac
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-...1#.Ui3it8ashcY

that's more than enough to do cars. I love the attachments because it picks up dust off the dash without scratching.
Had some guy come to my door to try and sell me a Kirby. If you think Dyson is overpriced... you ain't seen nothing yet. Kinda felt bad, let the guy give me a bit of a talk about the Kirby and how great it is.

Then he told me how much it was ($1500+) and I said, "Nope, have a good day," then shut my door.

Just to be clear, I am sure the vacuum is great and high quality. I just can't justify spending that much on a vacuum.

Last edited by Templar; 09-09-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #30
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Had some guy come to my door to try and sell me a Kirby. If you think Dyson is overpriced... you ain't seen nothing yet. Kinda felt bad, let the guy give me a bit of a talk about the Kirby and how great it is.

Then he told me how much it was ($1500+) and I said, "Nope, have a good day," then shut my door.

Just to be clear, I am sure the vacuum is great and high quality. I just can't justify spending that much on a vacuum.
True Kirby story - my grandmother bought a new one in 1953 for $500. She still has it and it will still just about suck the paint off the walls, de-moth her closets, buff her floors AND spray paint her wicker chairs. The "lifetime warranty" is for any part $15.95. She JUST had her motor replaced and even though the guy gave her a hard time, it cost her $15.95!! I think she got her money's worth.
      09-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #31
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

Right, Kriby.... geezzz! talk about expensive. My mother bought one of those yeeeeeeaaarrs ago from a door to door guy. I remember my dad being super pissed off for weeks about spending $1500. That thing turned out to be a POS. Didn't work after a year. Dad bought a $40 shop vac that is still running today. For $1500 you can get 3 dysons which will last as long as the kirby. Except with the dyson, you get the upgraded products as time passes. I've purchased 3 dysons and everyone of them are still working without a single issue. The first one is nearly 10 years old and still sucks! haha

ake53 cracks me up.... talking about how shitty dysons and V1 radar detectors are... Then "went up a notch and went all out" spending about $100 on a shop vac AND attachments.

I do have to agree that ridged makes a hell of a shopvac. Very quite and great quality.

Edit ^^ (wrickem) guess my parents didn't know about the warranty, or just bought a knock off or something. That thing was seriously worthless. Didn't have enough suction to pick up a 1/4" pebble off the floor.
      09-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #32
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I have a Ridgid and that this is just a BEAST! You cannot destroy them and they are CHEAP>
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #33
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Dysons are over-rated? Miele is where it's at for awesome home vacs.
+1 We've had ours now for a few years. We went through three Kenmore's before finally seeing the light.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I will also recommend the Ridgid. I had one before I got my wall mounted one and I still have it out in the patio for clean ups there. I've had it for like 3 years and its kept out in the patio I do 0 maintenance on it dont even think I've emptied it in years but still runs and sucks pretty good. I was just to lazy to take it out and roll it around everytime I wanted to vacuum the cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #35
faou4rm
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I will also recommend the Ridgid. I had one before I got my wall mounted one and I still have it out in the patio for clean ups there. I've had it for like 3 years and its kept out in the patio I do 0 maintenance on it dont even think I've emptied it in years but still runs and sucks pretty good. I was just to lazy to take it out and roll it around everytime I wanted to vacuum the cars.
soo many products but after hearing everyone's responses it seems like dyson might not be worth the investment

i'm still keeping my options open because i don't want 3-5 different vacuums laying around hahaha thanks guys !!!
Appreciate 0