BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

What to have Dealer Look for 1 week from Warranty Expiration.

Okay, so I've been hearing this Squeaking/water moving around sound when turning at low speeds.
I read a bunch of threads and it seems to be my rear differential.

I'm going to have them change out the fluid for that, but is there anything else I should have them check for as my warranty is up in 1 week.

The car has run perfectly through my 4 years of ownership, I've only have to take it in for oil changes, and regular maintenance. Knock on wood.

Thanks All!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
tico1028
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 - MG

I think this is actually a good thing to find out about. Many people may be running close to the end of warranty but have never had a problem in the past. A list should be compiled with good checks to make .
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

I dont think the dealer would even want to tell you if something could potentially go wrong? Wouldnt thy want to let your warranty expire then hit you over the head? Dealers arent the most honest..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
goblueM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
I dont think the dealer would even want to tell you if something could potentially go wrong? Wouldnt thy want to let your warranty expire then hit you over the head? Dealers arent the most honest..
I disagree. Money is money, whether it is paid by BMWNA or the customer. If they can get it covered under warranty, it's a guaranteed check from BMW. How do they know that the customer will get the work done at there dealership out of warranty.

just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblueM3 View Post
I disagree. Money is money, whether it is paid by BMWNA or the customer. If they can get it covered under warranty, it's a guaranteed check from BMW. How do they know that the customer will get the work done at there dealership out of warranty.

just my 2 cents
I'm not in the business, but it seems that the payment would be the same whether it was under warranty and paid by BMW or whether it was out of warranty and paid by the customer.

Does BMW service get paid discount rates for warranty work?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
Gulu100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,17 f12 vert

I am going in on friday for last inspection/maintenance checks before warranty is up. So any ideas would be great

I too am having the squeaking noise when turning.

Also I have a e93 where I noticed some string that helps retract the roof are shriveling...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
goblueM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post
I'm not in the business, but it seems that the payment would be the same whether it was under warranty and paid by BMW or whether it was out of warranty and paid by the customer.

I believe the payment would be the same, but that wasn't my point.
If they can claim it as a warranty repair, they will definitely get paid for it (from BMW). If it is out of warranty, the customer may not want the work done, so no $$ for the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblueM3 View Post

just my 2 cents
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post

There is like a $3-$10 dollar per hour labor difference from what the customer pays and what the dealer pays. So, pretty much the same shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0