E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 Starlight Headliner

04-13-2024, 08:35 PM   #1
pyro.e9x
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe

E92 Starlight Headliner

Hey guys so right now im working on doing a 600pc starlight kit in my headliner, just reupholstered it and my wood trim, working on the pillars and rest of pieces. Ran into a little issue though.. the kit came with 2 cables to power it, one im guessing to test it because its an outlet plug, but the other is a 12v cigarette lighter plug, and its only about maybee 5-6ft in length.. what do you guys think the best option would be to get power to it because if i plug it into the cigarette lighter in the center console i only have maybe 6ft if cable to route back into the trunk which im not sure how i would even do that and if 5-6ft is even enough cable.. i can put the light engine in the glove box and power it to center console plug, but then how do i fit 600 strands of fiber optic from the glove box up into the headliner haha. just stuck
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 10:20 AM   #2
codeterrorist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Not going to comment on the esthetics, but extend your power cable and tap into the fuse box. That the best and most tidy setup you can do. Similar to how dash cameras' hard-wiring kits are hooked up.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 05:44 PM   #3
crashoverride
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeterrorist View Post
Not going to comment on the esthetics, but extend your power cable and tap into the fuse box. That the best and most tidy setup you can do. Similar to how dash cameras' hard-wiring kits are hooked up.
This is how it's done.

You should be able to clip the cigarette end off and then extend the wires were needed.

I'm a bit worried that you are asking this question. Do you have anyone that can help you..?? Perhaps a local car audio shop can make quick work of finishing wiring it up in a way that there won't be future problems.
Appreciate 0