BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #23
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Agree with everything said here..

Bottom line is... customer service is everything! If the SA doesn't even have the common courtesy to treat you nicely then why do business with him? As others have pointed out... he should listen to what you have to say (being an admitted enthusiast) and either accept or discard the information with a good attitude. Find someone else!
      06-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #24
yamahuh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

What dealer are you using? or just give a location
If you have already had a bad experience just in communications with the SA I would go to another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #25
440hpe46
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Wouldn't tolerate it...talk to the service manager and then your SA, then would go to a different dealership after calling BMWNA...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #26
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dreamer View Post
Was scheduling my 1200 service today with the SA, and all was jolly until I brought up the DCT transmission fluid issue. I asked him to confirm that it is a lifetime fluid that does not need servicing, and he calls one of the technicians, whose reply is basically "I believe so, but we will only do it if the car indicates it". Knowing full well the car will probably indicate this, I try to explain the issues others have had with their transmissions based on what I have read here, when I get the whole "You should NEVER believe everything you read on the internet" etc spiel

Trying to keep calm, I then explain that I have printed copies of the service bulletin from the BMW website itself, to which he sharply replies "There is NOTHING out there you know that we don't already know". After a few more back & forths, I finally got him to agree that the fluid won't be replaced if I don't want it to, but that he will have to write this down in a "file" in case something goes wrong in the future, presumably to shaft me in the warranty process along the way

Needless to say, I'm quite worried about bringing my car in for service tomorrow. I was quite surprised by the rude tone of my SA, who basically refused to hear me out. I know people don't like to be questioned regarding how to do their job, but after reading the horror stories of DCT fluid replacement here I was only trying to protect myself and my baby.

I am planning on taping a copy of the TSB on my dash when bringing the car in, with the part about not replacing the DCT fluid highlighted. Hopefully they will abide, and not trash my car in the post-service "test drive". Needless, to say I'm not very optimistic here

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent. Great forum you guys have tho
That is totally F**KED that any dealer's response at this point is not, "No sir, we don't change the fluid per BMWNA/AG's instructions. The M-DCT transmission is built with a lifetime guaranteed fluid and only if we unfortunately had to perform service on your transmission in the future that we would have to replace your fluid, but obviously we don't anticipate anything like that. Hope that clears things up for you, but good that you are keeping up on your car and showing an interest in the car. Will you be waiting with the car, require a courtesy ride home or prefer a loaner?".

At least that is how my dealers would answer the question.....

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 06-24-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #27
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
This happened to me last weekend too when I took the car in for service. The problem is that when they read your key it will say "replace manual transmission fluid" which is weird coming from a DCT car. When the tech pulls the tranny cover off there's a sticker on there that says "replace with DCT fluid ONLY and do this this and this to replace it". Now if the tech sees this properly he'll go and try to find DCT fluid and he'll find that none is in stock, try to do a PUMA and then a notice will come back saying DCT tranny fluid is LIFETIME. That's the best case scenario and he'll skip the service. Worst case is he'll misread something along the way and replace it with MTF and there goes your tranny.

I had to go through a lot of trouble after they read my key telling them not to replace the tranny fluid. I had multiple people tell me they're been working at BMW for xxx years and have always replaced the tranny fluid at the first service even on SMG cars. I would retort by saying "but this is DCT not SMG" ... they thought I was an idiot ... "we've have many new M3s in for service already" (too bad by the end of the day I found out I was the first DCT serviced). I also got the "don't believe everything you read on the internet, there's a lot of false info on there" and the "if we don't replace it you're liable for the tranny and we can't cover you". I just took it with a grain of salt. Once they tried to locate DCT fluid and couldn't I said ok fine ... do the service just for the love of god don't put MTF in there ... order the DCT fluid from Germany and make a PUMA case all you want, but I'm not going to bring the car back when you get it. Luckily in the end they realized it's lifetime.

The true techs were great and actually went through the correct process. They were the ones that checked the validity of my claims and confirmed it. The people in the office are the ones that don't know shit. I can understand that they might be annoyed that I'm informing them (not even telling them) about my car, but at least make the effort to check up on it and not just claim you know everything.

I ended up watching the entire service as well. Car looks sweet on the lift.
You guys are so much nicer than me, I would have gone off the wall, told the guy he is a COMPLETE MORON, and then called BMWNA and request the name of a dealer close to me that knew what they were doing while explaining what happened. RIDICULOUS, sounds like any a**hole can work in at BMW dealer. Half the dealers in this country need to be shut down.

Sorry for the rant, but can't stand what some of you guys are going through.....damn, this sh*t ain't rocket science.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 06-24-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #28
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Speaking of Gemans in the article below...

"In a country that produces some of the world's finest cars, sleekest home appliances and most-precise industrial tools, mechanical savviness is a badge of honor."

I wonder if the same can be said today here...

Attachment 164043
Sadly the answer is no.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #29
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
You guys are so much nicer than me, I would have gone off the wall, told the guy he is a COMPLETE MORON, and then called BMWNA and request the name of a dealer close to me that knew what they were doing while explaining what happened. RIDICULOUS, sounds like any a**hole can work in at a BMW dealer. Have the dealers in this country need to be shut down.

Sorry for the rant, but can't stand what some of you guys are going through.....damn, this sh*t ain't rocket science.
Well I guess I was expecting some push back because the car IS brand new and the key fob does say to replace some sort of tranny fluid even though it's very vague. I just wanted to get by the guys in the office and speak to some real M technicians in the garage. That's why I asked to watch what was going on and they were nice enough to accommodate with my requests.

In the end I'll still give my SA 5s because he was cool about it and in the end my car got serviced properly and I'm loving it post break in (damn it's a beast). Now they should know that DCT tranny fluid doesn't need to be changed and nobody else should have this problem when they go there for service.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #30
icemang17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

I already printed out the TSB to have ready when mine is ready for the 1200 mile service
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #31
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemang17 View Post
I already printed out the TSB to have ready when mine is ready for the 1200 mile service
ditto
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #32
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemang17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
ditto
It didn't matter for me. They didn't really care about what I showed them. If they give you any doubt, just make sure they know it should be DCT fluid. Then they'll try to find it and it won't be in stock and when they try to order it they'll get a red flag saying DCT tranny fluid is life time. End of discussion.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #33
BMWKLR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white m235 cp RED w/gray pop

I would imagine that after maybe 2-3 times of the dealer having to pay for transmissions they will call a shop meeting and address the issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #34
Sedan_Clan
Olympic Lifting Junkie
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
Your rant is very understandable and it's good you did what you did. I can't believe your SA was so condescending. I would fill out a survey if there is any to inform management of this type of attitude. I don't think itís warranted.
I agree. I would also suggest that you either request at different SA or take your car to another dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #35
Ronin13
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, RRS Supercharged, S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKLR View Post
I would imagine that after maybe 2-3 times of the dealer having to pay for transmissions they will call a shop meeting and address the issue.
Appreciate 0