BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

05-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #23
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3
I've heard great things about the Leatherique products, and was going to purchase some next.

I am currently using Final Inspection Leather Clean and Leather Feed.

I am yet to find any leather clean/feed products that do not involve sweating your balls off in the back of your car to cover every nook and cranny of leather. Its a b1tch of a job, and thank fcuk its only really required every 6-12months
Haha Daym! I thought there was another easy way out. What do you guys think about people saying that the leather on newer cars doesn't absorb the Rejuvenation Oil? Any opinions?
This is the first product of this type that I have used and I am happy with results but I'm just wondering.
      05-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #24
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
Haha Daym! I thought there was another easy way out. What do you guys think about people saying that the leather on newer cars doesn't absorb the Rejuvenation Oil? Any opinions?
This is the first product of this type that I have used and I am happy with results but I'm just wondering.
I am a big fan of leatherique products which I use at least once a year, but a lot of work as Tom said. Only last night I cleaned the interior after nearly four months (I had a shoulder reconstruction surgery) and used the BMW leather lotion with UV protection, and the leather absorbed it. First I vacuumed and wiped down the seats with Lux flakes dissolved in warm water, and wiped the seats dry before applying the BMW lotion. Every time I use lux to clean, I am surprised as to the colour of the water ... it is nearly black and goes to show how much dirt and road grime gets deposited in your seats, dash and other interior trim. I like to drive with my windows down even if it's cold outside the seat warmers keep me cosy. It took me just over an hour. I then buffed the seats with a clean cloth. I will post some pictures today. So whoever says that our new nappa leather doesn't absorb is misinformed. My car is of course coming close to nearly seven years since production, and I have looked after it since day one.

A forum member from Germany PM's to say Sonax is a brilliant product and swears by it. May be worth looking at it next time, once I have run out of the BMW lotion.

After reading some of the reviews of the F8x ///3/4 - lacking the soul of a /// car due to the turbo charged engine, I will be looking after mine. This is for keeps.

May be I will buy a used 320d or something like that for a daily driver.

Last edited by aussiem3; 05-17-2014 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #25
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3
Quote:
I am a big fan of leatherique products which I use at least once a year, but a lot of work as Tom said. Only last night I cleaned the interior after nearly four months (I had a shoulder reconstruction surgery) and used the BMW leather lotion with UV protection, and the leather absorbed it. First I vacuumed and wiped down the seats with Lux flakes dissolved in warm water, and wiped the seats dry before applying the BMW lotion. Every time I use lux to clean, I am surprised as to the colour of the water ... it is nearly black and goes to show how much dirt and road grime gets deposited in your seats, dash and other interior trim. I like to drive with my windows down even if it's cold outside the seat warmers keep me cosy. It took me just over an hour. I then buffed the seats with a clean cloth. I will post some pictures today. So whoever says that our new nappa leather doesn't absorb is misinformed. My car is of course coming close to nearly seven years since production, and I have looked after it since day one.

A forum member from Germany PM's to say Sonax is a brilliant product and swears by it. May be worth looking at it next time, once I have run out of the BMW lotion.

After reading some of the reviews of the F8x ///3/4 - lacking the soul of a /// car due to the turbo charged engine, I will be looking after mine. This is for keeps.

May be I will buy a used 320d or something like that for a daily driver.
What are these Lux flakes that you use Kamar? Is this a cleaning product?

I inspected my leather again because it was getting dark yesterday after I finnished the process and it looks awesome!
As you said you only have to use this product 1-2 a year so it's worth the effort.

By the way I'm planning to keep this car for a long time too that is why I'm looking for the best products to keep this car looking good.

E92 M3 For Liiiiiiifeeee!!!!! Lmao
      05-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #26
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What are these Lux flakes that you use Kamar? Is this a cleaning product?

I inspected my leather again because it was getting dark yesterday after I finnished the process and it looks awesome!
As you said you only have to use this product 1-2 a year so it's worth the effort.

By the way I'm planning to keep this car for a long time too that is why I'm looking for the best products to keep this car looking good.

E92 M3 For Liiiiiiifeeee!!!!! Lmao
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...25&postcount=5

Tom, it's Lux soap but in flake form in a box. You just take a tablespoon full and dilute in some warm water and with a cloth you wipe the seats and the interior down. But you need to wipe dry soon after and you don't want the soap water to sit on the surface. Because the flakes are mild in formula, they are friendly on the soft nappa leather and will not harm the leather but effective in lifting the dirt and grime. It's about $6 at Coles or Woolies. I bought a box when I had my E46 M3 and I still have a quarter of the box left and still using it.

I like to clean it like this before applying any sealant to protect the leather. For me the most important thing is to remove the dirt and grime and sweat.
Attached Images

Last edited by aussiem3; 05-18-2014 at 06:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #27
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...25&postcount=5

Tom, it's Lux soap but in flake form in a box. You just take a tablespoon full and dilute in some warm water and with a cloth you wipe the seats and the interior down. But you need to wipe dry soon after and you don't want the soap water to sit on the surface. Because the flakes are mild in formula, they are friendly on the soft nappa leather and will not harm the leather but effective in lifting the dirt and grime. It's about $6 at Coles or Woolies. I bought a box when I had my E46 M3 and I still have a quarter of the box left and still using it.

I like to clean it like this before applying any sealant to protect the leather. For me the most important thing is to remove the dirt and grime and sweat.

VERY NICE INTERIOR K!!! but the fingerprints on your rear vew mirror
JK!!!
      05-22-2014, 01:54 AM   #28
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

After a few delays I finally received my Dtec v9.5 Angel Eyes. I can't complain too much because they did look after me with the price. When I opened up my packaging I wasn't too thrilled with the look of the "home brand" box for this product. When I opened the box I thought they sent me the v7s but they assured me that these are the latest and greatest v9.5s even though they look very much like the 7s and totally different from the v9.
The install wasn't too difficult even with my big hands.

Overall I'm reasonably happy with the result and I think they definitely look better then the stock amber angel eyes. In saying that these are no way near as good as the OSS DESIGNS AE'S which are AMAZING (if only they weren't on the other side of the world) and to be honest I can't see the difference between these 9.5s and v7s. I'm sure with the perfect lighting you can make these look amazing but these a real life pics.

The first 2 pics were taken at 3pm. It was reasonably sunny at the time and as you can see the outer ring is hardly visible. (same brightness as the stock angel eye)The last pic was in the garage.
Attached Images

Last edited by Melo-T; 05-22-2014 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:30 AM   #29
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
VERY NICE INTERIOR K!!! but the fingerprints on your rear vew mirror
JK!!!
I know, I adjusted it when taking the pics. It only showed afterward.