BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #23
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

I can't tell for sure whether you notice the difference with steel brake lines on the track. Definitely changing the fluid and pads makes a difference. All that said, without going the full BBK route, I would do all three if I were tracking -- SS lines, fluid and pads. As far as mods go, it's something that you can do yourself.
      10-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I bought SS lines but haven't had the chance of installing them. Although I did flush my fluid with Montul 600 prior to my trackday this past weekend. The weekend was rainy and cool, so didn't really beat on the car too much...

Will report back next time I go on the track if fluid alone is good enough. If the pedal feel worsens during the day I will add the SS lines to see the difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Are you referring to the pair of hoses (#7) here?

These hoses are easily accessible, the subframe does not need to be touched.

The AP kit came with all 6 hoses, I would assume Goodrich is doing the same for those that purchase seperately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I bought SS lines but haven't had the chance of installing them. Although I did flush my fluid with Montul 600 prior to my trackday this past weekend. The weekend was rainy and cool, so didn't really beat on the car too much...

Will report back next time I go on the track if fluid alone is good enough. If the pedal feel worsens during the day I will add the SS lines to see the difference.

Any updates?
How long are the rear lines? Particularly #7 and were you able to get the #7 lines out easily? They look pretty short on the EAS page: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES257353/

Thinking about doing this next. Thanks.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #26
GTM
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Most will likely not notice the difference in feel until the car is being pushed a bit. some cars will notice it right away, even in street driving. It depends what the stock cars oem brake lines look like in design. Some newer cars with larger brakes are using more hard lines near the wheels with only small flex sections where needed. Some of these cars may not notice it on the street, but the stainles lines are always good food for thought while tracking a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #27
DavidZ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E90 M3 6MT

I just received my Goodridge kit today and don't see any washers. I don't see any washers in this diagram either.

That's odd? I guess all the mating surfaces are perfectly seated.
      03-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #28
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
I just received my Goodridge kit today and don't see any washers. I don't see any washers in this diagram either.

That's odd? I guess all the mating surfaces are perfectly seated.
where did you get the kit,and does it have any protective coating over the stainless?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #29
DavidZ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedawg View Post
where did you get the kit,and does it have any protective coating over the stainless?
Tire rack. It doesn't say in the product description, but it does appear to have a thin, clear, rubbery coating over the braided stainless.
      03-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #30
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Did you actually install the mid-section that comes with the rear lines in that set? My understanding is that replacing the mid-section requires dropping the rear subframe, which is kind of an excessive thing to do just for the lines. My Stoptech SS kit does not have that section for that reason.
The two lines from the chassis to the subframe can be installed without moving the subframe. You just need to allow yourself plenty of time and not rush the job.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #31
drchuck72
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

I'll be replacing my rotors, pads and flushing the fluid next week. My car has 70K km (or about 45K miles). I will be installing the Stop Tech SS Brake Line kit that I have been putting off installing. Now is a good time. I'm sure my brake feel will improve but I'm also sure it won't be from the lines. I've also done about 6 or 7 track days with this car and I've noticed the brake pedal getting mushy towards the end of the day. Hopefully the new brakes (OEM Rotors and EBC Green pads) will deal with this. Nothing scarier than feeling your brakes go away at 140mph braking at the end of the Andretti Straight at Mosport.
      04-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #32
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I bought and installed this set: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-M3-...ines/ES257353/

As long as it they are SS, made to fit and have a protecting coating, pretty much all the lines are the same to me.
Did you actually install the mid-section that comes with the rear lines in that set? My understanding is that replacing the mid-section requires dropping the rear subframe, which is kind of an excessive thing to do just for the lines. My Stoptech SS kit does not have that section for that reason.
The mid section does not require to drop the subframe.

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0