BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
djaft3rb3ats
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW 6MT fully loaded

bumper not flush with headlight

Hey All!

so i just picked up my new (used) 2013 m3 and am in total love with it (though it baby it so much i drive it like a prius HAHA)

but upon inspection, i noticed that the front bumper is not flush with my right headlight (if you are looking at the car head on).

there is another similar year m3 in my complex but is a convertible and i checked his out - similar.

is this a thing?

lastly, though not pictured, the front left quarter panel piece that comes to the front of the bumper is a little higher at the end (narrowest point) in comparison to my hood.

carfax was clean, no noted damage but the owner couldve had a small fender bender and not reported it.
original stickers and hardware of car, but i would like you advice guys.

thanks!

View post on imgur.com

notice how near the grill and headlight the bumper looks a little...off?
thats my concern.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 02:00 AM   #2
downtowncb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

There are four screws holding the top center of the bumper on, two on either side of the latch. Loosen those and just push the bumper so that it lines up right with the headlight. While holding it in place re-tighten the screws.

It is easy for the bumper on the M to catch on just about any curb or parking spot bumper, and if the car has a clean history, it probably just got caught on one.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

It's hard to determine in the pics but it looks how it's supposed to look as far as I can tell. The poster above is correct but you don't want to push it too far inwards because it will no longer line up with the hood.

There are also tabs on the bumper cover that slide under the headlights to hold the bumper in place. It's possible that the bumper was pulled outward and the tabs are no longer lining up. Look at the lower vents on the side to see if the bumper isn't properly aligned there as well.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
djaft3rb3ats
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
It's hard to determine in the pics but it looks how it's supposed to look as far as I can tell. The poster above is correct but you don't want to push it too far inwards because it will no longer line up with the hood.

There are also tabs on the bumper cover that slide under the headlights to hold the bumper in place. It's possible that the bumper was pulled outward and the tabs are no longer lining up. Look at the lower vents on the side to see if the bumper isn't properly aligned there as well.
ok, ill give that a whirl this weekend.

do these pics help by chance?

in case imgur breaks my links

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaft3rb3ats View Post
ok, ill give that a whirl this weekend.

do these pics help by chance?

in case imgur breaks my links

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
In the first picture it appears as if the hood is not fully latched. It's very common for people to not latch their hood properly. There are two latch points - one on each side of the hood. There are also small adjustment feet for the latches. Slam the hood harder or adjust the feet to allow it to shut easier.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

I missed you posting this here. I gave you my 2 cents on the other site. I will subscribe here in case you have issues.
      12-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
djaft3rb3ats
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
In the first picture it appears as if the hood is not fully latched. It's very common for people to not latch their hood properly. There are two latch points - one on each side of the hood. There are also small adjustment feet for the latches. Slam the hood harder or adjust the feet to allow it to shut easier.

i think its fully latched, but the front bumper seems to just sit lower - i tried pressing more but am not getting any newer results
Appreciate 0