BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
mikeymajor
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

2008 e90 driver's seat install

Greetings,
I have a 2008 e90 M3 and would like to replace my OE seat with a Recaro unit I already own. I really need the head room. My OE seat does not have the active head restraint feature which I believe was installed 2009+. I would like to retain the steering wheel and a-pillar airbag functionality but avoid any SRS errors. Therefore, I would like to know WHAT IS THE RESISTANCE OF THE STOCK SEAT AIRBAG CONNECTION (if it is a static resistance) so I can install an appropriate resistor with my Recaro.

It is my understanding that the emulator boxes are necessary to simulate the passenger detection mechanism. I am not replacing the passenger side seat so am not concerned about the pressure sensor mat issues many others have reported.

I have spoken with some of the shops who claim to be experts in the field (and advertise heavily on the forums) but have not gotten a straightforward answer. I will be buying the mounting hardware as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike
Appreciate 0