BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Can Someone Help Me With EBay?

Mods I had no idea where to put this...sorry in advance.

So I Epic Fail at seeling things on EBay. I'm really just not good at it. I was wondering if someone (out of the kindness of their heart) would like to help sell my bumper on EBay.

Thanks

Matt

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

It's not really proper to do that. eBay does not allow sellers to be a third party to an auction. For example, what if it gets damaged or lost in shipping? What if the purchaser complains about the bumper and lodges a complaint? It will be directed towards and on the sellers record, not yours.

It isn't that hard to put something up for sale on eBay.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Sorry should have more specific. I meant advice. I've only used eBay once. And it is still a bit confusing to me.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Post good pics, accurate and honest descriptions. Set a reserve if you wish or start with a reasonable starting price and no reserve assuming if there is just one bidder at that price, it will sell.

Answers questions if requested and don't rip on shipping. Paypal payment is the best method. Ship within a reasonable time of receiving payment.

PS..buyers are somewhat reluctant to buy from zero feedback sellers on pricey items. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
idonotmatch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5

+1 on good pics. Interesting pics tend to pull users into your auction. Write a detailed description and make it feel personal, especially if you have low feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Moving to O/T.
      07-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

OK What is a reserve? I'm such a noob at this. The closest i've come to eBay is the Aution House in Forza 2.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

The reserve is the price that if it doesnt hit that, you dont have to sell it. With no reserve, you have to honor the sale at whatever price the auction ends at.

Ebay is a semi psychological game...auctions can run different lengths, but the standard 7 days is good (dont do less). It runs exactly 7 days, so you want to post the item at a good time for it to end...for example dont post it at 2am on a tuesday because the auction will end the following tuesday at 2am. Most of the bidding usually happens at the end. I think I read in an ebay guide that the best posting time is Sunday @ 7pm pacific.

Starting price is also a psychological barrier, if you start bidding at $200, you probably wont get much interest and if any, it will be at the very end. Try setting a reserve (an amount the bidders wont know until they exceed it) at your rock bottom price, but still start the bidding at 99 cents.

Good pictures and description as mentioned above are key...these will prove that you are selling a good item. Dont waste your money on any of the ebay add-on items that drive up the cost of your auction..the only one I use is the extra pictures for a couple cents extra.

If I think of more info, ill post it up.

If you create an ebay account (if you dont have one, also make sure you have paypal)...I can walk you through the posting if you want.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Your problem with getting any serious money for the bumper is likely going to be the freight. It will proably be pricey and you will want to insure it gets there in perfect shape. Offer a local buyer pick up with no handling costs.

It'll be best for both parties.

Ps..why do you have a spare bumper? This might be a tough sell as you are narrowing your market to a certain color w/o repaint costs and someone who would need to replace an OEM bumper due to damage.

Have you tried Craig's list first ?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

I'm buying the performance front bumper and skirts. I have a $1400 check to pay for the parts. I'm selling the bumper and side skirts to pay for painting and instal of the parts.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

auction house in w0w
Appreciate 0