BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

It's really too bad BMW won't offer the Logic7, or what ever is in the 335 now as the "upgraded" sound system. It's a nice upgrade and not big money.

It also sucks that you can't just upgrade to the Logic7 system from the HiFi by adding the center speaker. You'd have to get a new amp and programming.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #24
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

Is there a way you can tell the m3 has premium speaker package. I'm looking at a used one right now and i cant tell if it has the package or not can someone help
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

If the door speakers have a silver rim you have premium, if they are black you have hifi.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #26
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

okay thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #27
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

I love the Premium soundsystem.

When I was younger I used to build competition sound systems for SPL dB sound offs and compete in IASCA.

Now that I'm older and more sensible -- tearing my car apart to fit components, making false walls and installing speaker enclosures is too much damned work. I am so glad that I can get a decent system directly from the manufacturer that is all integrated with Nav, my phone, my iPod and satellite radio without giving up a square inch of trunk space.
      09-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #28
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post

When I was younger I used to build competition sound systems for SPL dB sound offs and compete in IASCA.

Now that I'm older and more sensible -- tearing my car apart to fit components, making false walls and installing speaker enclosures is too much damned work. I am so glad that I can get a decent system directly from the manufacturer that is all integrated with Nav, my phone, my iPod and satellite radio without giving up a square inch of trunk space.
+1

This is the is the first car I have driven as a daily that I have not been compelled to rip up (except for he SW8 upgrade).
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #29
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post

I'd be more impressed if you said you did Sound Quality builds... The stock system is not good. It's adequate, but not good at all. If you like it, then I'm happy for you. Me, I require better sound quality than the stock system provides.

You don't have to rip the snot out of the car or lose trunk space thanks to musicarnw. Their systems don't require that (sans adding a trunk mounted sub). You don't lose the integration either and the price point is right with the adder for the upgraded sound system from BMW.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #30
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
I'd be more impressed if you said you did Sound Quality builds... The stock system is not good. It's adequate, but not good at all. If you like it, then I'm happy for you. Me, I require better sound quality than the stock system provides.

You don't have to rip the snot out of the car or lose trunk space thanks to musicarnw. Their systems don't require that (sans adding a trunk mounted sub). You don't lose the integration either and the price point is right with the adder for the upgraded sound system from BMW.
I believe he was talking about the premium system, not the stock
And if you upgrade the HIFI, you're gonna have to take out the door panels, rear side panels etc to install better quality speakers. That kind of stud leads to rattles at some point
I got the enhanced system on my 2012 so at least all my upgrades can be done in the trunk, and I don't do what I did with my current car.