BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
what if.....what if WE are the aliens?

Then there is this.
      12-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

i believe in some other life form (bacteria, plants, micro organisms, etc), but it's stupid to think that aliens look like human beings or that human beings live in other galaxies...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #25
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
Who is to say that an Alien space craft has not already been traveling for millions of years?

So what if they have been? What's on that space craft? dirt? what kind of living organism can live in space for millions of years?

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
i believe in some other life form (bacteria, plants, micro organisms, etc), but it's stupid to think that aliens look like human beings or that human beings live in other galaxies...
If you believe in life, such as bacteria, plants, etc, then there has to be some sort of human life out there also. Human beings on earth were basically derived from bacteria and micro organisms. Earth is fairly young in age at about ~5 billion years. There are stars in the universe with age of 10 billion years. With a trillion stars out there, the chances of being some sort of human being alive in other universe with million years if not billion years of advancement than earth isn't unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #27
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Everything about the creation of the universe, the big bang, how life started...etc..are all theories, none of which can be proven, so everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

The universe and its contents is beyond human comprehension, thinking about it just make you go retarded, like Stephen Hawkings

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #28
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
So what if they have been? What's on that space craft? dirt? what kind of living organism can live in space for millions of years?
the greys, they live off microwave radiation and have an average life span of 20 million earth years.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Quote:
Earth is in space and has had life for millions of years.

Maybe they have a really big spacecraft or a whole armada of them....

Hmmmm, I wonder if their "big spacecraft" would seem big or small to us?

Maybe planets are just like islands in the ocean to them and they just stop at different planets and get what they need as they sail the oceans of space.

All I know is that we as humans have no clue.
      12-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #30
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
That part is familiar to me. But looking at the mandible, on the human skull, it attaches behind the eye socket. This attaches under the eye socket. How does something like that get pulled off?
It doesnt. Its an illusion. The skull in the picture you posted is more than halfway rotated around, making the mandible look further forward. IMO
      12-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #31
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

We evolved from the blue ice from a UFO.
So in a way you and and I are nothing more than evolved crap.
Or worse...a BJ! We chould just be a BJ!

That said, yeah it's real. I wonder what the brain looked like and how well or how bad it functioned?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #33
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
lol @ people who believe in aliens...

and even more lol @ the people who believe any alien lifeform has to have some form of characteristics to a human...

freaking sheep.....
*lol* at those close-minded enough to think there *are* no aliens, for those folks are the true sheep. As big as this universe is, how egotistical one must be to think that we are the *only* life forms that inhabit it *smh*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
It doesnt. Its an illusion. The skull in the picture you posted is more than halfway rotated around, making the mandible look further forward. IMO
Thanks, but late to the party Addressed that in post 15

Quote:
Honestly, there's no telling. We're assuming about life based on characteristics of life as *we* know it. Species on earth evolved to adapt to the environment, what's to say whatever else is out there hasn't done the same?

Last edited by whats77inaname; 12-27-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #34
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

Quote:
Not even the scientists and physicists at NASA can say what you said with 100% certainty, so what makes you so sure? Already there have been multiple planets considered to be habitable by NASA, and this is only in one region. There are trillions of other unknown regions out there.

Of course, evolution and the derivation of the human-form is still a just a theory with many flaws in it, but to come out of nowhere and say that something is "stupid" based on your own opinion without any substantial evidence or proof makes your statement worthless.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #35
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

if the mars rover found an old shoe, you can bet your ass it won't be on the nightly news
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #36
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
if the mars rover found an old shoe, you can bet your ass it won't be on the nightly news
You are very correct. But thousands of our best scientists will be working with said found shoe because many will have the "need to know".
      12-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #37
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
I never understood why we have to find an earth-like planet to find life. If one believes in evolution then who is to say that an organism on a planet hostile to human life couldn't adapt to the environment and thrive? There is life in the depths of the ocean that would die if it came up to shallower water where there is less pressure and there are organisms that thrive living next to volcanic vents deep in the ocean where the ambient temperatures would kill a human. To say that we have to find a planet with similar atmosphere, air, gravity, water and whatever else in order to find life is ridiculous. To insult someone over the fact they slightly comprehend the vastness of space and that the likelihood of intelligent life exists and that it might resemble human form somewhere else shows your ignorance. Who knows, maybe they dont resemble human form, maybe we resemble them.
      12-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #38
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
This.

When we look at the universe as a whole, we observe it through human eyes and with human beliefs/theories, be it from a scientific or religious point of view. Most of us that is. Let's be honest for a moment, both groups can be quite rigid and dogmatic if their accepted way of the world is challenged by a differing point of view.

If E.T. showed up tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar that both the scientific and religious communities would be shaken to the very core.
      12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #39
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox128i View Post
This. If E.T. showed up tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar that both the scientific and religious communities would be shaken to the very core.
I dunno. As a Christian, my faith wouldn't be shaken. If you want to get technical, the Bible doesn't address life on other planets, so there's nothing that says aliens don't exist. Just sayin'....
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #40
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I dunno. As a Christian, my faith wouldn't be shaken. If you want to get technical, the Bible doesn't address life on other planets, so there's nothing that says aliens don't exist. Just sayin'....
until the alien says "i'm jesus... foo!"
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #41
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
I never understood why we have to find an earth-like planet to find life.
I totally understand what you're saying about organisms being able to adapt, but from our understanding, the minimum requirement for sustaining life is water. Since water evaporates and freezes at certain temperatures, the atmosphere must therefore be between the freezing and boiling point of water so that it can stay in liquid form.

Perhaps one day, we will find a water-like substance in another planet composed of elements unknown to mankind which can also support life.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #42
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Quote:
Oh, I agree with you on that point, but you have to admit not everyone would be some open-minded, no?
      12-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #43
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox128i View Post
Oh, I agree with you on that point, but you have to admit not everyone would be some open-minded, no?
Actually, I think most Christians don't reject the idea of extra terrestrial life. I once asked my pastor if he believed in life outside Earth, and his response was that the Bible describes God as a "creator", and therefore, not unusual if he also created life elsewhere. Most Christians aren't as close-minded as you think.
Appreciate 0