BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

09-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

HPDE at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, 08 September 2013

Gents,

I just wanted to put the word out about this HPDE at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on 08 September. $195 gets you seven 20 minute sessions at BFR, and $215 gets you a very worth it compilation of GPS data. I'd be out there in a heartbeat, except that I'm located in mid-Missouri, and it's just too far for me to drive this time. The event doesn't show on Motorsportreg (which is where I normally check for events), so I think it could have been easy to miss. Check for more details here, at MyAutoEvents:

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...event_id=13562

Quick disclaimer, and a little more background: I'm still not sure exactly what the rules are on "promoting events," and hopefully I'm not violating any here. I can say, though, that I am not affiliated with GPS Track Time or Blackhawk Farms Raceway.

I did an event with GPS Track Time back in April at Autobahn, and--despite having Harry's Laptimer--this data acquisition is top notch due to all the analysis and graphical products that Jimmy (runs GPS Track Time; great guy to work with, who I met him during the Autobahn event) puts a lot of effort into producing. Check out their website for an idea of what he puts out: http://gpstracktime.com/?page_id=10

I've also done an HPDE at BFR in the past, and it's an AWESOME track. So, in short, great track with an event by a company I stand by--this is a no-brainer track event to attend if you're free.

Hope this helps someone out there who is looking for an event next weekend and missed this!

EDIT: Just realized the event is offering SEVEN 20 minute sessions; even better.

Last edited by Sapper_M3; 09-01-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0