BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

03-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #23
duvinclunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP

3rd post in a row.

You need a build thread with tons of pictures of your car. I come back to this thread every now and then just to get me hyped on my SG E90 again. Do it!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #24
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
3rd post in a row.

You need a build thread with tons of pictures of your car. I come back to this thread every now and then just to get me hyped on my SG E90 again. Do it!
I have a build thread but I haven't been actively updating it (mostly because I have been focusing on other priorities at the moment, getting married this April!). The photos in this thread and in my build thread (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=776467&page=3) are pretty much all I have to share. Thanks for frequenting my threads, it means a lot
      05-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #25
Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee
Welcome to the review of my overall experience with ModeCarbon.

I'm sure you all are familiar with their brand because their products/service are nothing short of amazing and everyone on this board seems to be talking about them! I have had their V1 GTS lip on my car for the past few months and I am very pleased with it. It is subtle and OEM looking, yet it gets the attention it deserves everywhere I go. I receive many compliments on the lip no matter where I am. In my opinion, the V1 is the cleanest front lip available for the E9X M3 as it does not look out of place and is not overly aggressive or low. It suits the OEM front bumper as if it were meant to be there from the start. The carbon weave is OEM quality and the lip arrived packaged well and completely flawless.

The customer service was great. I wasn't sure which lip to go with, but Sam directed me towards the V1 for my use. I didn't want it too low, it had to be street friendly. Once I installed it, I could instantly tell I made the right decision based on Sam's advice.

Coming from my previous lip, my car has way more ground clearance than it used to. I used to scrape on driveways, dips, etc. in the road with my modest drop on B&G springs, but the ModeCarbon lip is completely different. I can finally drive my car with confidence again! No more worrying about clearing my own driveway every day when I come home from work.

The fitment of the ModeCarbon piece is spot on as well. It did not come pre-drilled, but there is no second guessing where to drill the holes (the lip has elevated markers that match the holes on the OEM bumper). A bit of 3M double sided tape and a drill were all that was needed to fit. It's been on my car for months and has been rock solid since day 1 as there is plenty of mounting surface to go crazy with the tape. I couldn't have asked for a smoother install and the fitment is great. There are no ugly gaps between this piece and my bumper.

My car isn't just a street car either; it sees its share of track duty as well. The lip has held up great up to speeds of 130 MPH+. It is a cosmetic piece, but I'm sure it does help (minimally) at operating speeds on the track. It is a great piece for a dual duty car. Here are some recent photos of my car with the lip installed.. Enjoy, and thanks again Sam@ModeCarbon!

Which angel eyes are you running here?
Appreciate 0