BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
cortwagner
CDub
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Sneaking Out: BPM Style

Just finished a great round of mod's on my E92 coup. Dinan coil over's which I could not be be happier with, full Dinan exhaust and catless X pipe which sounds better than anything I have ever heard and I pulled off a Meisteschaft GT cat back which I thought sounded amazing as well but this Dinan full system makes serious bhp and is really quiet at lower rev's with zero drone. Dinan intake sounds and looks amazing as well. Best part is that the car now sounds like a nascar uncorked on the upper revs at wide open throttle and it gets there quickly with the new shorter Dinan diff I had installed, a really good symbiotic package all these parts together work really well.
NOW, having a 5 week old baby at home, leaving the house in the morning and coming home at night, sneaky style, is imperitive and very difficult unless you are running Mike Benvo's tune and coding. His flash is really great, has made cold start and cold driveability really quiet and smooth. Overall, initial throttle tip in, partial throttle driving and especially the zero cold start all adds up to make the car silky smooth and mellow especially when cold. It feels as strong, if not stronger, than any tune I have run in the car, and I have had a few. WOT pulls are super consistent and 8600 comes in a hurry. VERY happy with the car, it has never run better, it's super driveable and is actually making decent mileage by comparison. For a normally aspirated package, this is as good as it get's without digging really deep for a Dinan stroker motor, which I also recently drove and was very very impressed with.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
uplusd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

04-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
DINAN stroker is definitely awesome. I've been in that and the RD stroker and they are both beast.

I just don't think I could justify the $ when blowers are easier to go with.

But for tracking/reliability on this motor, a stroker is definitely the way to go.

Your car feels awesome, glad you're enjoying the tune and keep beating people on the race track!

(Cort is a Professional Race Car driver for those that didn't know - had a few wins, google him)

The man has the car completely controlled while sideways, I was impressed with our test drive! The DINAN 3.45 is a great mod for DCTers out there.

Enjoy!

PS, you owe me a ride in your new 458

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]

Post some pics and drifting VID's

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Down for some video! Curious why you went with full Dinan setup?

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
cortwagner
CDub
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Why Dinan?

Great products, period. M quality, enhances M feeling, no gimmicks. Coil overs are awesome, sits perfect, rides better than stock and better than with my eibach's. Full exhaust sounds so siiiiiiiick and zero drone and nice an quiet when puttering around town. Intake looks and works great. Diff was a nice add since I am running 20" LMR BBS, helped torque a ton. 2nd generation stroker is supposed to be right at blower numbers, 600 bhp plus.....and I love N A. motors.......no substitute. Yes, turbo and blowers will always make more grunt if needed but they are not nearly as engaging to drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortwagner View Post
Great products, period. M quality, enhances M feeling, no gimmicks. Coil overs are awesome, sits perfect, rides better than stock and better than with my eibach's. Full exhaust sounds so siiiiiiiick and zero drone and nice an quiet when puttering around town. Intake looks and works great. Diff was a nice add since I am running 20" LMR BBS, helped torque a ton. 2nd generation stroker is supposed to be right at blower numbers, 600 bhp plus.....and I love N A. motors.......no substitute. Yes, turbo and blowers will always make more grunt if needed but they are not nearly as engaging to drive.
+1
Appreciate 0