BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

11-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #45
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasVS View Post
Guess this means BYE BYE! Go find a GTR forum now.
Don't mind this troll. Congrats on the acquisition and make sure to ring it out (no pun intended) where it was meant to - the track. Looking forward to more reviews on it.
      11-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #46
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
congrats! I got a ride in a GT-R from an instructor at Road America and it was insane!

Enjoy it and be safe

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #47
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

i made the same move and have no regrets. although i do miss the 335 at times (i dynoed at 390whp, mind you this was before methanol and all that were out for the 335). you should join nagtroc. a lot of useful info on that + majoriy of the members are mature

nice sweater btw (even though im gonna get flamed for this one )
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #48
PhiDeltBeers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SEVERAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
i made the same move and have no regrets. although i do miss the 335 at times (i dynoed at 390whp, mind you this was before methanol and all that were out for the 335). you should join nagtroc. a lot of useful info on that + majoriy of the members are mature

nice sweater btw (even though im gonna get flamed for this one )
Thanks "Doc" (lol). I'm a Lacoste guy (probably get flamed). I've been to nagtroc a few times but haven't joined yet. I will. I know some of the people on here can be less than mature at times, but for the most part, it's been good. I actually met a few friends on here that live in Tulsa. Do you like it in auto mode. It's seems to want to get to 6th gear as fast as possible where the BMW held the gear quite nice in sport mode. So far I only like to paddle shift so I can hold the gears longer and only go to 4th in town.

Last edited by PhiDeltBeers; 11-02-2010 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #49
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
Thanks "Doc" (lol). I'm a Lacoste guy (probably get flamed). I've been to nagtroc a few times but haven't joined yet. I will. I know some of the people on here can be less then mature at times, but for the most part, it's been good. I actually met a few friends on here that live in Tulsa. Do you like it in auto mode. It's seems to want to get to 6th gear as fast as possible where the BMW held the gear quite nice in sport mode. So far I only like to paddle shift so I can hold the gears longer and only go to 4th in town.
at the doc reference

i drive it in manual ALL the time. i don't like the fact that im already in 5th gear at 30mph and so on. i think nissan intentionally did this for better fuel efficiency. just make sure when you come to a stop that you stop all the way. otherwise, if you gas it after not really making a stop, it sometimes jerks into first gear then goes. sometimes i just manually go into first gear when im almost stopped if i dont want to stop all the way (because of traffic or something) and it takes off smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #50
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: R56 Cooper S

Congrats! What a car...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #51
PhiDeltBeers
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
at the doc reference

i drive it in manual ALL the time. i don't like the fact that im already in 5th gear at 30mph and so on. i think nissan intentionally did this for better fuel efficiency. just make sure when you come to a stop that you stop all the way. otherwise, if you gas it after not really making a stop, it sometimes jerks into first gear then goes. sometimes i just manually go into first gear when im almost stopped if i dont want to stop all the way (because of traffic or something) and it takes off smoothly.
Yeah, it's gonna take some time to get used to hit. It does feel a little jerky at times. I've just gotta feel it out a little bit. But, hit the gas in 2nd....

and hold on!!! No comparison to my tuned 335i. It's just stupid.
      11-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #52
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

wait mid 60k? is it used or new?

for that price i have to look into that for my next car...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #53
PhiDeltBeers
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
wait mid 60k? is it used or new?

for that price i have to look into that for my next car...
2009 used.
      11-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #54
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
2009 used.
DAMMIT..

thought they are selling new GTR for way under invoice..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #55
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

It's DAMN IT and no way Jose' on under invoice or even near invoice. Maybe some store on the North Pole.
      11-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #56
subscience
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Sick ride, congrats.

08 jet black 135i | sport, 6-mt
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

great car......they've impressed me even though I dont like the overall package personally.

now go run your buddies modd'd Z.....and get it on tape
      11-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #58
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Wtf were you thinking?

Not buying another BMW?

J/K....great pick up of an outstanding car. Forget those that don't respect Godzilla....it's clearly jealousy.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #59
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

LOL@ Anyone comparing this to any Bmw. You have to be a real dumb ass to do so. You don't buy a GT3 RS, a mustang KR, GT-R, Lotus Elise for it's luxurious interior or heated seats. Thats why there is the m3 for buyers looking for a luxury car with some performance. I couldn't careless if this car was a Hyundai, Kia or Suzuki I would still happily pay 70K-80K. Oh yeah and I dont care if they lend me a sentra when I go in for service. I just take anything they give me and leave. I just cant stand people that walk in into a dealership and say I paid for a 50K car so I want a 50K loaner....take the loaner and leave you wont die from driving a lower class car for a few days, hours or weeks. Some people cant even afford food. I'm getting off topic but I just can't stand that shit. Badge whores, people worried about their social status or what other people will think about them.

Signed by a car enthusiast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 11-02-2010 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #60
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
LOL@ Anyone comparing this to any Bmw. You have to be a real dumb ass to do so. You don't buy a GT3 RS, a mustang KR, GT-R, Lotus Elise for it's luxurious interior or heated seats. Thats why there is the m3 for buyers looking for a luxury car with some performance. I couldn't careless if this car was a Hyundai, Kia or Suzuki I would still pay the price that their asking for. Oh yeah and I dont care if they lend me a sentra when I go for service. I just take anything they give me and leave. I just cant stand people that walk in into a dealership and say I paid for a 50K car so I want a 50K loaner....take the loaner and leave you wont die from driving a lower class car for a few days, hours or weeks. Some people cant even afford food. I'm getting off topic but I just can't stand that shit. Badge whores, people worried about their social status or what other people will think about them.

Signed by a car enthusiast.
I get the gist of what you're saying, but don't entirely agree with you.

If I'm paying north of $50K for a vehicle....and then getting charged north of $100/125 per hour for service....I do expect more than a Hyundai Accent as my loaner.

I could take it to an independent shop for a minimum of $50 an hour less....so I'm assuming the dealership can still "afford" a better loaner.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #61
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post

If I'm paying north of $50K for a vehicle....and then getting charged north of $100/125 per hour for service....I do expect more than a Hyundai Accent as my loaner.

I could take it to an independent shop for a minimum of $50 an hour less....so I'm assuming the dealership can still "afford" a better loaner.
I get your drift but really honestly I'm just happy not to be waiting sitting around doing nothing. I don't want their fancy coffee, bakery or enjoy their leather couch I just want to get out of there by any means even if that means driving a Cobalt. I like driving lesser cars when I go for service. That way when I get my car back cleaned and repaired and enjoy it even more. Sometimes we forget that were fortunate and we ask for way too much.

Quote:
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #62
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:

The Porsche dealer that I went to (until recently I have no more Porsches....for now) just gave you a loaner from enterprise, usually a kia or some other cheap car. They occasionally had one or two Porsche loaners (usually Cayennes, probably cars they had trouble selling). My ego was able to deal with driving a cheap car for a day here and there, hell I enjoyed not worrying about my car after I parked it.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #63
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
The Porsche dealer that I went to (until recently I have no more Porsches....for now) just gave you a loaner from enterprise, usually a kia or some other cheap car. They occasionally had one or two Porsche loaners (usually Cayennes, probably cars they had trouble selling). My ego was able to deal with driving a cheap car for a day here and there, hell I enjoyed not worrying about my car after I parked it.
Same goes for Bmw around here they give you Enterprise rental cars. I had a civic, volvo c30 and mini cooper. The reason why I got the volvo and ,ini were because I didn't complain nor ask what they were giving me as BMW is paying 19.99 a day for a compact car rental. They told me that they had 3 series but they were for 7 series owners. Two years ago Silver star Mercedes was giving early 2000's Sebrings as loaner cars to customers.

Sorry for the getting OT but my rant was about some idiots saying it's a Nissan or complaining about the interior or service.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #64
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

I did not know michael schumacher posts on m3post. Another surprise is michael schumacher likes gtr.

Last edited by graider; 11-02-2010 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #65
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
My ego was able to deal with driving a cheap car for a day here and there, hell I enjoyed not worrying about my car after I parked it.
It's not about ego...I'm far more embarrassed to drive the X3 loaner my dealer gives me than an economy rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Same goes for Bmw around here they give you Enterprise rental cars. I had a civic, volvo c30 and mini cooper. The reason why I got the volvo and ,ini were because I didn't complain nor ask what they were giving me as BMW is paying 19.99 a day for a compact car rental. They told me that they had 3 series but they were for 7 series owners. Two years ago Silver star Mercedes was giving early 2000's Sebrings as loaner cars to customers.

Sorry for the getting OT but my rant was about some idiots saying it's a Nissan or complaining about the interior or service.
I do understand your point and maybe our dealers work diffently up here. Hopefully you're not getting billed at $125-135 per hour for service. If you are they can certainly afford to rent a slightly better car for say $50 per day and still come out way ahead.

To your bolded point, agreed.

There is not a better bang for the buck available. Don't give a shite about the badge on the hood. The interior is more than acceptable for a car like this. Service is the one debatable point...but that, for most, is offset by the lights out performance.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #66
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's not about ego...I'm far more embarrassed to drive the X3 loaner my dealer gives me than an economy rental.

I do understand your point and maybe our dealers work diffently up here. Hopefully you're not getting billed at $125-135 per hour for service. If you are they can certainly afford to rent a slightly better car for say $50 per day and still come out way ahead.

To your bolded point, agreed.

There is not a better bang for the buck available. Don't give a shite about the badge on the hood. The interior is more than acceptable for a car like this. Service is the one debatable point...but that, for most, is offset by the lights out performance.
Sadly we still get charged 129.00/hour btw warranty takes care of it.

Quote:
Appreciate 0