BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

02-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #23
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
nt01s, no traction control, what could be more fun!
man I just can't accept the risk of spinning and hitting a hard barrier at pacific with traction control off in the wet... do you buy track insurance?

i'll probably try dsc off at the ridge on a sunny day .. never at pacific.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
man I just can't accept the risk of spinning and hitting a hard barrier at pacific with traction control off in the wet... do you buy track insurance?

i'll probably try dsc off at the ridge on a sunny day .. never at pacific.
No track insurance for me. Looked in to it extensively but didn't do it. I don't want any hard barriers in my future either. I'm just getting to that point of or passed it probably where I could be faster without it on. I've just been slowly getting rid of mdm.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

heres my last session yesterday at pacific. strung together several laps all sub 1:40. my front straight speed was reduced due to headwind so may have lost about a second there each lap as well. last lap i have an off due to brake fade. opps.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #26
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
heres my last session yesterday at pacific. strung together several laps all sub 1:40. my front straight speed was reduced due to headwind so may have lost about a second there each lap as well. last lap i have an off due to brake fade. opps.

chris can you send me the tire shop you got the nt01s from and the name of the guy you worked with...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I hate weather forecasters. Who pays these hacks?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #28
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I hate weather forecasters. Who pays these hacks?
yep gotta have faith and just go thats my plan every time and more often than not i am reawarded with at least semi dry day.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #29
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yep gotta have faith and just go thats my plan every time and more often than not i am reawarded with at least semi dry day.
I followed Chris's advice and am doing the same... just go... if it rains then it becomes a skill improvement day ... if its dry then it becomes an all-out blast!

here's my best lap from yesterday - 1.41.3 ... on street tires and stock suspension. I'm hoping I can dip into 1.39s soon..

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #30
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I followed Chris's advice and am doing the same... just go... if it rains then it becomes a skill improvement day ... if its dry then it becomes an all-out blast!

here's my best lap from yesterday - 1.41.3 ... on street tires and stock suspension. I'm hoping I can dip into 1.39s soon..

nice work. see breakthru just like i said you would. looks to me like there is more to be had using more of the track. particularly at apex you are off them by a ways. you know me i get in and run them over. that chump car was locking his right rear every lap at 3a.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
nice work. see breakthru just like i said you would. looks to me like there is more to be had using more of the track. particularly at apex you are off them by a ways. you know me i get in and run them over. that chump car was locking his right rear every lap at 3a.
I absolutely agree.. I sometimes hit my apexes,... that particular lap I missed most of them by a mile... very inconsistent right now. I need to work on my steering inputs (fast hands for slow turns and slow hands for fast turns thing you told me) ... and looking through the corner... and setting the car... also braking into apex .. vs braking multiple times...

I feel i can easily gain a few seconds just by practice.. without adding NT01s ..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #32
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I absolutely agree.. I sometimes hit my apexes,... that particular lap I missed most of them by a mile... very inconsistent right now. I need to work on my steering inputs (fast hands for slow turns and slow hands for fast turns thing you told me) ... and looking through the corner... and setting the car... also braking into apex .. vs braking multiple times...

I feel i can easily gain a few seconds just by practice.. without adding NT01s ..
braking should be to turn in or beyond(trailbraking). the fact that you run your fastest lap while missing apexes and having to slow at the front straight for traffic tells me you are already close to 1:39. dont think about an entire good lap, do each section as a seperate thing. dont try to go fast try to drive well and when you start doing each little section right, braking, turn in and set, apex and exit then a whole lap will come together that will probably shock you. i feel like for me now my brakes and suspension are holding me from doing more but I need lots of work too. baby steps.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #33
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
braking should be to turn in or beyond(trailbraking). the fact that you run your fastest lap while missing apexes and having to slow at the front straight for traffic tells me you are already close to 1:39. dont think about an entire good lap, do each section as a seperate thing. dont try to go fast try to drive well and when you start doing each little section right, braking, turn in and set, apex and exit then a whole lap will come together that will probably shock you. i feel like for me now my brakes and suspension are holding me from doing more but I need lots of work too. baby steps.
great tips... i'm going to put these in my log book
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

i better keep working so i get into the 1:36s.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #35
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:

That was a fun one to watch. You were able to see the trunk of my car in the begining.......a chump car.......and a Grand Am Rolex car!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #36
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
That was a fun one to watch. You were able to see the trunk of my car in the begining.......a chump car.......and a Grand Am Rolex car!
thank you! were you able to get that engine issue fixed? you have a great car!

I installed a race seat today.. can't wait to try it out on the track
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805580
Appreciate 0