BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #23
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

These heartbreaking occurrences tend to break complacency, which I think is a good thing. For me, it began when I was a junior in high school. I've been getting reminders ever since.

It is healthy to sit back and reflect and re-evaluate life.

Thanks for sharing, flybigjet.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #24
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
These heartbreaking occurrences tend to break complacency, which I think is a good thing. For me, it began when I was a junior in high school. I've been getting reminders ever since.

It is healthy to sit back and reflect and re-evaluate life.

Thanks for sharing, flybigjet.
Truth. The not so gentle reminders. I too have had many from a young age. I think the first one that for whatever reason hits close to home really helps you turn that corner in life that carries monumental and pivotal weight. It’s truly the definition of necessary evil.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 12:24 PM   #25
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

Many condolences for your loss.

I find it healthy and helpful to contemplate the loss of my loved ones. I talk with my children and SO about the real possibility that I could pass away or vice versa. Not to be morbid, but to help highlight the role that they play in my life. Just being able to say that I would miss them immensely if they were no longer part of my life is a reflection of my love for them. I want them to know how I feel.

I've seen friends and family become overwhelmed by the loss of a loved one. Contemplating the loss while that person was still alive would have helped them express their love and, in turn, make the most of the time they had together.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 01:15 PM   #26
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Sorry to read this but what a great tribute to your friend. I’ve had friends pass like this, such a shock.
Appreciate 0