BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-13-2021, 07:45 PM   #89
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I think it’s more so sleep paralysis. I’m caught between the stages of being awake and being asleep. My mind is awake, but my body is still asleep. It’s basically hell until I can actually snap out of it. I gotta lay off the Ambien lol.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615333.00
Gregrobin578.00
      11-13-2021, 09:35 PM   #90
Bingham
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C LBB AA midpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I think it’s more so sleep paralysis. I’m caught between the stages of being awake and being asleep. My mind is awake, but my body is still asleep. It’s basically hell until I can actually snap out of it. I gotta lay off the Ambien lol.
Sara, this align with ur experience…?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Feel like I’ve been aware of these types of dreams but I’ve not had “sleep paralysis” during this state of dreaming.

And uh yeah I’m not a a sleep therapist…just finding this topic fascinating & super interesting reading other folks shared experiences.

Be well. B.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #91
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingham_M2C View Post
Sara, this align with ur experience…?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Feel like I’ve been aware of these types of dreams but I’ve not had “sleep paralysis” during this state of dreaming.

And uh yeah I’m not a a sleep therapist…just finding this topic fascinating & super interesting reading other folks shared experiences.

Be well. B.
No, not that. More so night terrors. I really don't know. No one does.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #92
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

I had a great dream last night, but its kind of risque so doubt anyone wants to hear it
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 09:34 AM   #93
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I'm sure Cyn wants to hear it.....
Appreciate 2
Sara5791.00
Bingham276.00
      11-15-2021, 10:58 AM   #94
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I had a great dream last night, but its kind of risque so doubt anyone wants to hear it
Do tell
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #95
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

I had a dream last night about my older sister, Colleen. She died from cancer several years ago. We were very close but had a falling out and didn't speak for years. We reunited just a couple of months before she died.

In the dream we were sitting on a porch. I told her I was sorry and not to worry, she'd get past this, referring to the cancer. I held her hand and she leaned over and put her head on my shoulder and I gave her a hug. I woke up with tears in my eyes.

I miss my big sister...
Appreciate 8
King Rudi13154.00
rebekahb3132.50
wtwo317971.00
Tommy-G4490.50
Gregrobin578.00
vreihen1615333.00
Bingham276.00
cmyx6go15762.50
      11-15-2021, 12:26 PM   #96
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I had a dream last night about my older sister, Colleen. She died from cancer several years ago. We were very close but had a falling out and didn't speak for years. We reunited just a couple of months before she died.

In the dream we were sitting on a porch. I told her I was sorry and not to worry, she'd get past this, referring to the cancer. I held her hand and she leaned over and put her head on my shoulder and I gave her a hug. I woke up with tears in my eyes.

I miss my big sister...
Wish I could give you a hug
Appreciate 1
Esteban43811.00
      11-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #97
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

I miss my big sister...
Oh, dreams like that leave you feeling all the emotions when you wake up. Virtual hugs and thank you for sharing.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43811.00
      11-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #98
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Wish I could give you a hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Oh, dreams like that leave you feeling all the emotions when you wake up. Virtual hugs and thank you for sharing.
Thank you, and hugs back to both of you.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 01:29 PM   #99
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

It was Halloween and I was driving to a club back in New Jersey and saw a girl dressed like Velma from Scooby Doo at a bus stop on the highway in a kinda shady area. I blew past her, then decided to back up and ask if she was OK bc she wasn't in the greatest of areas. Her reply was she was going to a club down the road (same one I was headed to) I explained I have never picked up a stranger before but If she felt comfortable she could tag along with me.

She climbed in and we were at the club in no time. It was only 10 minutes down the road. We got inside and parted way.

Towards the end of the night I was at the bar getting a drink and "Velma" showed up with the 2 friends she was meeting. She insisted on buying me a drink as a token of her appreciation for the ride, I told her it wasn't necessary but appreciated the offer. We all made chit chat and had some laughs. They asked if I wanted to go to the diner but I explained I had to get home to my dog. They then asked if they could go with me to which I was VERY skeptical why 3 good looking girls wanted to leave with just me. Expecting to get robbed or murdered I still took the chance.

We got back to the house and opened some wine. One girl noticed the hot tub in the back yard and asked if they could go in. Of course I said yes do you want some t-shirts to which they replied no. We go topless at the beach all the time, it's fine. One of the girls had called someone to pick her up so it was Velma and he friend left with me.

We all relaxed with some wine and it began to snow ever so lightly. After the hot tub the girls rinsed off and dried. I said it was getting late do you want me to take you home and got an immediate NO we are staying here and cuddling with you. Dressed in only panties we all climbed into bed and each girl layed their perfectly perky breasts right on my chest (and that's when I woke up)
Appreciate 3
Esteban43811.00
Joekerr7929.00
Bingham276.00
      11-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #100
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
It was Halloween and I was driving to a club back in New Jersey and saw a girl dressed like Velma from Scooby Doo at a bus stop on the highway in a kinda shady area. I blew past her, then decided to back up and ask if she was OK bc she wasn't in the greatest of areas. Her reply was she was going to a club down the road (same one I was headed to) I explained I have never picked up a stranger before but If she felt comfortable she could tag along with me.

She climbed in and we were at the club in no time. It was only 10 minutes down the road. We got inside and parted way.

Towards the end of the night I was at the bar getting a drink and "Velma" showed up with the 2 friends she was meeting. She insisted on buying me a drink as a token of her appreciation for the ride, I told her it wasn't necessary but appreciated the offer. We all made chit chat and had some laughs. They asked if I wanted to go to the diner but I explained I had to get home to my dog. They then asked if they could go with me to which I was VERY skeptical why 3 good looking girls wanted to leave with just me. Expecting to get robbed or murdered I still took the chance.

We got back to the house and opened some wine. One girl noticed the hot tub in the back yard and asked if they could go in. Of course I said yes do you want some t-shirts to which they replied no. We go topless at the beach all the time, it's fine. One of the girls had called someone to pick her up so it was Velma and he friend left with me.

We all relaxed with some wine and it began to snow ever so lightly. After the hot tub the girls rinsed off and dried. I said it was getting late do you want me to take you home and got an immediate NO we are staying here and cuddling with you. Dressed in only panties we all climbed into bed and each girl layed their perfectly perky breasts right on my chest (and that's when I woke up)
that's not a dream, that's a teaser trailer :-)
Tommy-G4490.50
      11-15-2021, 02:19 PM   #101
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregrobin View Post
Sounds like it could've been a wet dream. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #102
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds like it could've been a wet dream. lol
Appreciate 1
Esteban43811.00
      11-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #103
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

I work in aerospace, I have a lot of dreams about crashing in an airplane, sometimes surviving, sometimes not. Usually very real, and very scary when I wake up. I remember pretty vividly usually the make of the plane, the alarms playing (e.g. "too low, terrain").

I also watch the flight channel, which may contribute to my dreams.
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00
      11-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #104
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

I know I'm a perv and a horn dog but damn I have been having some very pleasant dreams lately.
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00
      11-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #105
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I've been having very vivid dreams since September, sometimes the dreams more like nightmares. I'll wake up exhausted or even a bit distraught. The dreams started shortly after my 2nd vaccine shot. After a little research, it turns out that vivid dreams can result from vaccination.

Not saying it's definitely the case, but the consistency and number of vivid dreams I have now compared to pre-vaccination is rather interesting. There have been no other changes in my life, diet, I don't take drugs, etc.
      12-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #106
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miligan View Post
Hello everyone, I can say that all the dreams that we have are primarily our subconscious. Much depends on your mood and state, for example, if you spent the whole day in stress and an agitated state, then you will most likely have a bad dream. If, on the contrary, throughout the day you were in high spirits and thought only of good things, then, accordingly, you will have a good dream.
I don't disagree with this, not sure it's quite that simple though. I remember feeling super relaxed before bed last night, slept like a baby, and no memory of dreaming.
      12-20-2021, 03:36 PM   #107
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miligan View Post
Hello everyone, I can say that all the dreams that we have are primarily our subconscious. Much depends on your mood and state, for example, if you spent the whole day in stress and an agitated state, then you will most likely have a bad dream. If, on the contrary, throughout the day you were in high spirits and thought only of good things, then, accordingly, you will have a good dream.
I don't disagree with this, not sure it's quite that simple though. I remember feeling super relaxed before bed last night, slept like a baby, and no memory of dreaming.
I think that dreams can sometimes be random and not always being about something we're thinking about.
      12-20-2021, 05:37 PM   #108
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I had a weird one last week. I was in a classroom, and the instructor told the class that Ford and Buick teamed up to build an electric car that used a DSG gearbox. Why did the car fail to sell? The instructor started polling around the room, and not one student knew the answer. When he got to me, he said that he was skipping me because I knew the answer. He came back to me after nobody else knew, and asked me to tell the rest of the class. I didn't know the answer, and was so stressed about being put on the spot that I woke up!

Awake, I immediately realized that the answer was because electric motors have full torque at zero RPM. Mating one to a variable-ratio gearbox serves no purpose, and increases vehicle costs, weight, and repair costs.....
Gregrobin578.00
      12-20-2021, 08:18 PM   #109
Bingham
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C LBB AA midpipe

Good read…

https://www.healthline.com/health/hypnagogia

The Tetris Effect, toward the end of article, was a concept I’d been hunting for a while. Have experienced this several times…most recently after a day long kayak fishing trip. Knew I was dreaming but could the hear, feel, and smell the water…really weird. And I remember the fish/trout I was seeing, in dream, were super psychedelic looking…like their scales were alive and in motion separate from the fish’s movements.

And Tommy-G, any room in that hot tub? Assuming you have Velma in a good place, don’t want her friends to feel left out. Happy to help.

Esteban, thank you for sharing. Sorry for your loss…very touching experience which I hope brought you some comfort particularly during the holidays.

Sleep tight and be well fam. Happy holidays! B.
Appreciate 2
Esteban43811.00
Gregrobin578.00
      12-21-2021, 10:53 AM   #110
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep

My dreams usually, well not always, involve a sexual theme, I am embarrassed to say.