BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #133
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
That is quite fast, that means your car unloaded, finished VPC and is now ready for you at your dealer all in 3 days right?
Yep.
      03-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #134
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Guys, thanks for sharing my excitement!

I ended up running out of my office at 6 pm, and made it to the dealer by 7 to check out the car (it showed up early so I was caught off guard without my Nikon, which means no pics). It was kind of getting dark, and my CA was with another client, but he did hand me the keys and point at the door, and said I had until 8. So, I ran out into the parking lot, which was huge and had lots of cars on it. I looked around for 15 seconds, and quickly spotted MY M3! It was parked in between two 335 coupes, and boy, did it dwarf them in appearance. I ran up to it in disbelief, couldn't slow myself down and ended up running in circles. The car looks fucking awesome! JB/FR/CF rules big time!!!!!! I am so glad I chose this color combo. It looks good in pictures, and is even much better in person. Then I sat inside, and couldn't help screaming "Yeah!" at the top of my voice by myself. There were a couple of guys walking around who looked at me rather funny to say the least. For the next 20 minutes, I messed with this and that until the engine warmed up, and gave it a few throttle blips. OMFG! Nothing like the sound of very your own M3.

So, now the reeaallly painful part begins. Sitting around and waiting until Monday for the paperwork to show up.

Would the Police have anything on me if I were to steal my own car?

Awesome!

Unfortunately, the dealer is correct that they cannot register it without the paperwork from BMW. I had this happen once - the paperwork is shipped separately from the car so that the truck drivers don't get held up and have cars taken with the full documentation. I think Xecellere had the same issue when his car came in.

You should take the opportunity to bug them to get everything right - mats, make sure they upgrade all of your software (iDrive) to the latest versions, etc.

Don't steal it - that would just mean more days without it. And more importantly, I wouldn't get to ride shotgun!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #135
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Don't steal it - that would just mean more days without it. And more importantly, I wouldn't get to ride shotgun!
We should hook up sometime next week after I get the car and over it together. I'll buy some -OFF this weekend.
      03-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #136
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I ended up running out of my office at 6 pm, and made it to the dealer by 7 to check out the car (it showed up early so I was caught off guard without my Nikon, which means no pics). It was kind of getting dark, and my CA was with another client, but he did hand me the keys and point at the door, and said I had until 8. So, I ran out into the parking lot, which was huge and had lots of cars on it. I looked around for 15 seconds, and quickly spotted MY M3! It was parked in between two 335 coupes, and boy, did it dwarf them in appearance. I ran up to it in disbelief, couldn't slow myself down and ended up running in circles. The car looks fucking awesome! JB/FR/CF rules big time!!!!!! I am so glad I chose this color combo. It looks good in pictures, and is even much better in person. Then I sat inside, and couldn't help screaming "Yeah!" at the top of my voice by myself. There were a couple of guys walking around who looked at me rather funny to say the least. For the next 20 minutes, I messed with this and that until the engine warmed up, and gave it a few throttle blips. OMFG! Nothing like the sound of very your own M3.

So, now the reeaallly painful part begins. Sitting around and waiting until Monday for the paperwork to show up.

Love little stories like this. I can only imagine what childish behavior I will exhibit when my time comes.

Really good to hear you are digging the colors. No regrets!!

This will be the longest weekend eva!
      03-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #137
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Quote:

That's awesome L!! I've been having trouble sleeping and my car is still on the boat....so I can only imagine what you're going through. Pretty cool you at least got to sit in her and get her warmed up.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #138
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]

(now that you've seen the car)

grats!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #139
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

OK guys. I declare pre-emptive strike to the "this thread is worthless without pics" posts that I know will increase every day that goes by without pics.

I don't want to suffer the fate GregW did.

So, here is a teaser pic, merely documenting a part of my story. I will post some nice pics in the pics section of the forum after I take delivery tomorrow morning. Hopefully, the rain will stop by then.

P.S. I was at the dealer again this morning to finalize the deal, and the title of origin showed up in the process, so they will register the car today and clean it up. It will be ready tomorrow.

Name:  LM3.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  100.0 KB

I consider myself lucky throughout this process (once the order was placed). The car went into production on 2/26, and I'll drive it home on 3/29. Not bad.
      03-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #140
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutchins14 View Post
That's awesome L!! I've been having trouble sleeping and my car is still on the boat....so I can only imagine what you're going through. Pretty cool you at least got to sit in her and get her warmed up.
I was in bed for 8 hours last night, but slept for no more than 3.
      03-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #141
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
grats!
Thanks Keto, I had another chance to check out another IB/PS coupe at the dealer. The colors really kick ass. Very rich. Nothing like most of the pics we have seen so far. You'll be happy.
      03-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #142
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
It's funny how we all demand pics but when everyone sees the colors IRL the consensus is that the pics suck for color.

Perhaps M3Post should have a mandatory photography class or something...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #143
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Great, Lucid! I'm happy for you!

This might be helpful tonight:

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #144
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
It's funny how we all demand pics but when everyone sees the colors IRL the consensus is that the pics suck for color.

Perhaps M3Post should have a mandatory photography class or something...
The special M3 colors really should be seen in person as they are designed to be tricky. The car has so much more presence in real life and the colors look rather different. I have a feeling this has happened to the extereme with MR. I think people will think differently about MR once they see it for themselves. The lousy pic above on rainy day obviously does not do justice to JB either...
      03-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #145
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Great news! Tomorrow will be a great day!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #146
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Great news! Tomorrow will be a great day!
Forecast calls for sun tomorrow and no rain!
      03-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #147
asaulo1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, alp white

such a tease?!? congrats.... ofcourse, we demand more pics
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #148
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Forecast calls for sun tomorrow and no rain!
And lots of fun with great pics!
      03-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #149
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaulo1 View Post
such a tease?!? congrats.... ofcourse, we demand more pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
And lots of fun with great pics!
I'm beginning to feel the pressure again. Will I be able to meet expectations and perform? And where shall these pics be taken? If I was in Cali, I'd hit Highway 1 and the hilly streets of SanFran, but am not too sure about around here. WCH, any suggestions? Maybe some urban shots in Beacon Hill, followed by some NE country roads? I won't get any sleep tonight either.
      03-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #150
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm beginning to feel the pressure again. Will I be able to meet expectations and perform? And where shall these pics be taken? If I was in Cali, I'd hit Highway 1 and the hilly streets of SanFran, but am not too sure about around here. WCH, any suggestions? I won't get any sleep tonight either.
Yes, you have a clear model of what not to do, ie Cali cell phone pics & GregW.
      03-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #151
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
This might be helpful tonight:
Yep, or I'm thinking of a good healthy dose of Scotch!
      03-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #152
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Yep, or I'm thinking of a good healthy dose of Scotch!
Good idea, but think of the time needed for elimination.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #153
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
The special M3 colors really should be seen in person as they are designed to be tricky. The car has so much more presence in real life and the colors look rather different. I have a feeling this has happened to the extereme with MR. I think people will think differently about MR once they see it for themselves. The lousy pic above on rainy day obviously does not do justice to JB either...
I concur, this is why I would not order either SG or either non-metallic. They just don't have the same presence (and cachet).
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #154
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep
Drives: M3

ahh, this is going to be an amazing weekend for you I'm sure - filled with lots of pictures - or else it may be a very tragic weekend for you