BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #23
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
E90ice,

You said it yourselves, your credit is not good and you are basically saying you are a bad risk. It's these 'high risk people' who have created the problems the world is in today, plus of course the companies willing to take the risk and getting burned.

It's encouraging to see them not offering the finance because it shows they are starting to wise up and learn from their mistakes.

P.S.
Sorry you are not getting the deal you wanted.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #24
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
E90ice,

You said it yourselves, your credit is not good and you are basically saying you are a bad risk. It's these 'high risk people' who have created the problems the world is in today, plus of course the companies willing to take the risk and getting burned.

It's encouraging to see them not offering the finance because it shows they are starting to wise up and learn from their mistakes.

P.S.
Sorry you are not getting the deal you wanted.

I'm talking about the fact that they did not even call me to let me know the result. Is that good business? Does that make people want to buy their cars?

And what are they learning? It's not the auto industry that that caused everything, it's the mortgage industry.

Learn how to read and then read the news before you write more crap.
      11-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #25
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

sad and bad news!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #26
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post

I'm talking about the fact that they did not even call me to let me know the result. Is that good business? Does that make people want to buy their cars?

And what are they learning? It's not the auto industry that that caused everything, it's the mortgage industry.

Credit "industry".......cars, houses, no diff.

Footie - spot on with the point about cars being priced properly in the US. Unless that changes it would not be surprising to see more non-US manufacturers pulling out of the market and concentrating on more profitable ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #27
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

The same people lend the money for the cars as do the mortgages. The problem is the way business has been conducted in the US, you (the US public) have learned to expect such prices and terms, and all companies have had to become more and more competitive to get the business, but all this has done is sell lots of product for little profit (if at all) and caused the worldwide problems we are currently in.

The same is true for the oil situation we are in, while the rest of the world has adopted nuclear power for electricity the US still use fossil fuels. Likewise the rest of the western world are working to improve the global warming, what are the US doing?

It's about time the US people and Government change the way they do things for the great good of the world and not solely what is best for themselves.

Sorry if this sound like a dig but it's about time people waken up and smell the roses.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #28
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
They won't disappear.

The company was mismanaged, but so were the unions. Their salaries and pensions really made things worse.
agreed, they had strong sales numbers this year overseas, and could easily fund/loan the U.S. operations what is needed. but why do that when you can stick the bill/bailout to the american taxpayer... i don't feel sorry for these assholes on bit.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #29
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:

I do hope you know that the dealer is independent of GM. Simply find a different dealer that has a similar 'Vette.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #30
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I do hope you know that the dealer is independent of GM. Simply find a different dealer that has a similar 'Vette.
Yeah, each dealer works independently of the other; but they all go to the same banks for financing. GMAC announced a few weeks ago that they flat-out, will not approve an auto-loan for anyone with a credit score under 700. If that's E90ice's position, there's not much another dealer can do. He'd be better off securing his own financing, and approach as a cash buyer.
      11-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #31
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Yeah, each dealer works independently of the other; but they all go to the same banks for financing. GMAC announced a few weeks ago that they flat-out, will not approve an auto-loan for anyone with a credit score under 700. If that's E90ice's position, there's not much another dealer can do. He'd be better off securing his own financing, and approach as a cash buyer.
I don't think he minds being turned down( well of course he does, but it isn't what is pissing him off about the buying experience so far), but what is pissing him off is that the dealer never called him to tell him he was turned down.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #32
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
The same people lend the money for the cars as do the mortgages. The problem is the way business has been conducted in the US, you (the US public) have learned to expect such prices and terms, and all companies have had to become more and more competitive to get the business, but all this has done is sell lots of product for little profit (if at all) and caused the worldwide problems we are currently in.

The same is true for the oil situation we are in, while the rest of the world has adopted nuclear power for electricity the US still use fossil fuels. Likewise the rest of the western world are working to improve the global warming, what are the US doing?

It's about time the US people and Government change the way they do things for the great good of the world and not solely what is best for themselves.

Sorry if this sound like a dig but it's about time people waken up and smell the roses.
Sure, your overall argument is partially sound yet there are still some holes.

Yes, we Americans want our items cheaper but that is also not solely our fault. You can blame the interweb for that. Getting pricing, price matching, invoice slips, etc. has just gotten too easy. It takes maybe an hour of research and a couple phone calls and you can find the price you want to pay, while busting the supplier on their profit line. This could easily be likely anywhere else but suppliers put their foots down long ago and only allow some play in price and even if you do get a better deal your still being killed by taxes anyways. If it was your country getting decent deals on nearly everything as long as you were willing to put in some effort towards the deal I doubt you would be complaining, right?

You want to go towards energy. America discontinued nuclear plants due to Chernobyl. Call Russia on that one. We were well on our way to becoming a very nuclear nation before that mishap. In fact I live 45 miles away from a plant that was going to have 2 reactors. The 2nd stack was completed only a couple months before Chernobyl's meltdown, which then the 2nd reactor was never installed. Also the problem of nuclear waste and no where for it to go. We would have tons and tons of that toxic stuff sitting in warehouses by now. Yes, it's a great source of energy, but until a proper way of disposing of the waste is come up with it is no better then using fossil fuels. Global warming would be the least of our problems if we starting have the sporadic nuclear reactor meltdown or nuclear toxic waste spills.

The US Govt. does need to change or amend the ways a lot of things go down. Yet America is a super power comprised of millions of people. The way of life here will only evolve over time and will never change over night. Same as every where else. If you really want to get down to it, if it weren't for America a lot of the niceties we ALL enjoy wouldn't be here.

Oh and yes the economy is fucked and some companies deserve to die, no matter who they are.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #33
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie57 View Post
Credit "industry".......cars, houses, no diff.

Footie - spot on with the point about cars being priced properly in the US. Unless that changes it would not be surprising to see more non-US manufacturers pulling out of the market and concentrating on more profitable ones.
All well and good, but America IS THE MARKET. Havent we showed that in the past few months. USA stops spending= all markets worldwide take a crap.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #34
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I don't think he minds being turned down( well of course he does, but it isn't what is pissing him off about the buying experience so far), but what is pissing him off is that the dealer never called him to tell him he was turned down.
Exactly.
I didn't really expect to get approved, so it's not a big deal, but it has been 48 hours now, and still no call back from the dealer with an answer. I filled out a credit application and wasted 2 hours of my time not even to receive the courtesy of a response.

11-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #35
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:

It's about time the US people and Government change the way they do things for the great good of the world and not solely what is best for themselves
Wake up and smell the roses... are you serious? You need to crawl out of your hole. No other country on the face of the earth has done more for the greater good of mankind than the USA. This is not even debatable. You will have to refresh my memory as to what Ireland has sacrificed for the good of mankind in the past century!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 04:42 AM   #36
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
This debate is going off the rails and you are missing my point. The USA enjoy prices that the rest of Europe never had, basically we here in Europe have been subing the prices you have been paying for your cars, be it American or European. We pay in £s what you pay in $s. Ford and GM Europe have kept afloat their american markets, the banking practises of the American markets have caused the problems we have everywhere else. I totally agree that the US has done a lot for mankind but because their Market and buying power is so great that when they get it wrong the rest of the world suffer for their mistakes as well.

The green house effect, we (the rest of the world) can only do a little bit without America's involvement and so far your government hasn't really got behind it. Oil is the other thing, 40 years is all we have and once it's gone what will we do?No air travel you might think, well I am looking at it from the other stuff the get from oil i.e. plastics which is used everywhere from computers to god knows what. Things are bad and the US has to get on board and change how they use what little left there is.

Last edited by footie; 11-09-2008 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #37
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt beard View Post
All well and good, but America IS THE MARKET. Havent we showed that in the past few months. USA stops spending= all markets worldwide take a crap.
I don't think it's really the slowdown in spending that's the issue, it's the slowdown in lending that's affected the rest of the world.

Maybe it has been and still is "the market" but as for the future....who knows.
Appreciate 0