BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #23
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Yep! It was a blast!
Attached Images

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #24
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Want nice pics of the event?

http://www.frozenspeed.com/index.php

Very nice/cooperative - they'll get pics at the best spots, like those you've seen in this thread, and are very flexible and communicative.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #25
kornykidd0
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I'm heading to there in mid April. Renting the M3 from rent4ring with an instructor. I cannot wait...I've got the gopros all lined up so hopefully it goes well and I don't wind up splattered all over the armcor and YouTube
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #26
Wild_Will
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Hurucan Evo

Currently stationed In Germany so I plan on going this summer after my daughter is born.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #27
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Will View Post
Currently stationed In Germany so I plan on going this summer after my daughter is born.
Have fun Will ... and thanks for your service !!!

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #28
Bomb617
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Try to do the F1 track as well
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #29
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Hey buddy where are you stationed maybe I know you just not the screen name? Im stationed in Vilseck and a good group of us go about once a month or more. Last weekend was the only weekend this month I wasnt there, but the next trip we are planning is possibly the weekend of April 6th...also if interested May 3rd at the Ring and the 4th at Spa
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #30
ccf08
Rep
Drives: 2008 Interlagos Blue M3

I have done over 150 laps at the 'Ring, it is probably my favorite piece of dirt on this planet.

If you are looking to do "Tourist Fahren" days, you can find the "open to public" days here:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...dschleife.html

It cost about 27 euro per lap. It is well worth it.

Honestly, if it is your first time to the Ring, I would NOT rent a big time sports car. You can rent a standard BMW 320 manual at the Frankfurt airport and have a rediculously fun time. You will be so overwhelmed the whole time, you probably wouldn't get the benefit of a higher end sports car anyway.

If you are serious about learning the ring and love BMWs, you can't go wrong with the BMW Fahrer Training events they have. I have done 2, and you usually get awesome instructors like Claudia Hertgen and [saw them once] Dirk/Jorg Mueller. The schools are perfect, because you focus on the ring 1 2-3km section at a time, and go back and forth back and forth on it and then move to the next section. Just doing laps on the 21km circuit is cumbersome on the memory and learning it that way is really, really hard.

In summary, I would watch a video of laps on the ring before going to get the general lay of the land, then do laps yourself first before getting an instructor to further cement the layout, then get instruction or a hot lap with a pro and rent a higher performance car.

Just my 2 cents. Either way, jealous you are going and know you will love it!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #31
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccf08
I have done over 150 laps at the 'Ring, it is probably my favorite piece of dirt on this planet.

If you are looking to do "Tourist Fahren" days, you can find the "open to public" days here:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...dschleife.html

It cost about 27 euro per lap. It is well worth it.

Honestly, if it is your first time to the Ring, I would NOT rent a big time sports car. You can rent a standard BMW 320 manual at the Frankfurt airport and have a rediculously fun time. You will be so overwhelmed the whole time, you probably wouldn't get the benefit of a higher end sports car anyway.

If you are serious about learning the ring and love BMWs, you can't go wrong with the BMW Fahrer Training events they have. I have done 2, and you usually get awesome instructors like Claudia Hertgen and [saw them once] Dirk/Jorg Mueller. The schools are perfect, because you focus on the ring 1 2-3km section at a time, and go back and forth back and forth on it and then move to the next section. Just doing laps on the 21km circuit is cumbersome on the memory and learning it that way is really, really hard.

In summary, I would watch a video of laps on the ring before going to get the general lay of the land, then do laps yourself first before getting an instructor to further cement the layout, then get instruction or a hot lap with a pro and rent a higher performance car.

Just my 2 cents. Either way, jealous you are going and know you will love it!

Cheers!
Soooo agree with you!
      03-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #32
socalm3lover
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My wife and I have been to the ring several times over the past 20 years. It is an absolutely great experience. We visited RSR the last time there (Sep '13). They do have about everything available. I would highly suggest an instructor for ones not there before.

Most rental companies prohibit their cars on the ring. Although, I have not personally witnessed this, I have been told that the ring will not allow a rental car (Budget, etc) on the ring. Rental cars have unique license plates, but not sure if they really check. Certainly, euro deliveries are no problem.

I highly suggest european delivery (ED) to anyone that can. It is a great experience. We did ED and the BMW CCA's ring school several times. The BMW CCA has not been able to organize a school in years (due to the ring's new ownership/management/lack of management), but there are other schools available. Hopefully the new ring ownership will be more amenable to the club.

John
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #33
mosborn78108
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83
Hello everyone,

First off - I think the whole Bimmerpost site is great ! I have been combing through various sub-forums and threads and learning a lot about this amazing car we are all so lucky to drive So great job to the person(s) who manage and admin the whole thing

So, as the thread title states - has anyone had the opportunity to drive the track at Nurburgring in Germany ? Perhaps people on the forum who live in and around the area are lucky enough to go. I think the track is open on some weekends for open lap sessions, I have watched a great video on YouTube that is titled Best of BMW Sounds, the video is about 16 minutes long and was filmed at the 'Ring'. Such a great video ! I have watched (mostly listened) to it nearly every morning this week, while driving my winter car (Lexus IS 300). The cars featured look and sound AWESOME !!

Cheers,
Merlin
Yes, I've done 44 laps of the ring, 40 last year and 4 so far. I love it.

Also, the M3 is great on the autobahn, especially the unlimited sections!

The M3 is a great track car.

Mike

Mike
------------------
2013 Frozen Blue M3, Akropovic Exhaust
2011 Mini Clubman S
Appreciate 0