BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
crash32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Guys that have suspension mods.... please chime in here!!

I just picked up my E92 M3 last weekend and I am loving it. On Monday I am going to order 19" ZCP wheels for it along with Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245 up front and 275 in the rears.

My concern is today I got the car on the lift and it seems pretty apparent that my car might have suspension mods done to it. The coils are RED and I am told that M3's did not come from the factory with red coils. So I am concerned that it sits lower than factory specs and that the 19" wheels won't fit especially with the 275's in the rear.

I tried to look at the suspension for indication of if it was lowered or what brand suspension, but could not see any labeling. What do I need to do at this point to make sure that the 19" ZCP wheels with 275's will clear?

I cannot exactly order the wheels and then have the tires mounted and put them on my car only to say "NEVER MIND THIS DOES NOT WORK". Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

You probably have H&R springs which are a very common modification on this platform. You will not have any issues fitting 275/35/19 tires with those springs on OEM ZCP wheels. Are you buying OEM wheels or aftermarket? If they are aftermarket then nobody can tell you unless you share the size and offset of the wheels. I would suggest going with 255/35/19 tires in the front which are a better match for the rear tires you have chosen. Those are the sizes that most people use on OEM ZCP wheels once their OEM tires wear out. There are numerous threads on this topic...
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Like Slicer mentioned H&R springs come red and are probably them.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

^ +1 OEM ZCP rims you will be golden and definitely go with 255/35 up front and 275/35 in the rear, much better and will keep in line with OEM specs as far as tires go.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
crash32
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks a ton, you guys are awesome! Are these sprigs generally considered a good suspension mod because I have got to say that the car hugs corners like rails!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash32 View Post
Thanks a ton, you guys are awesome! Are these sprigs generally considered a good suspension mod because I have got to say that the car hugs corners like rails!!!
They are OK. Coilovers are the way to go but H&R is a reputable company.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
crash32
Private First Class
Rep

I just read some stuff on how these springs can damage the factory shocks..... Hope that doesn't happen!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
M3_FJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
I just read some stuff on how these springs can damage the factory shocks..... Hope that doesn't happen!
It'll be a long time before that happens. And as stated about you won't have any rub issues. Im on Eibach springs with 20" wheels and 295 in rear and i only very slightly rub on occasion.
      07-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
I just picked up my E92 M3 last weekend and I am loving it. On Monday I am going to order 19" ZCP wheels for it along with Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245 up front and 275 in the rears.

My concern is today I got the car on the lift and it seems pretty apparent that my car might have suspension mods done to it. The coils are RED and I am told that M3's did not come from the factory with red coils. So I am concerned that it sits lower than factory specs and that the 19" wheels won't fit especially with the 275's in the rear.

I tried to look at the suspension for indication of if it was lowered or what brand suspension, but could not see any labeling. What do I need to do at this point to make sure that the 19" ZCP wheels with 275's will clear?

I cannot exactly order the wheels and then have the tires mounted and put them on my car only to say "NEVER MIND THIS DOES NOT WORK". Any suggestions?
yes im pretty sure those are H&Rs that are currently on there and brother you are more than fine 275 isnt really in the "aggressive" catagory...no worries at all for you..im running 11 inch wheels in the rear with mine and monsterous PSS 305s and im fine, so you def have the green light with 275s and even will have to run spacers to get a flush look (if thats your style)...hope this helps buddy
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3
Quote:

yes im pretty sure those are H&Rs that are currently on there and brother you are more than fine 275 isnt really in the "aggressive" catagory...no worries at all for you..im running 11 inch wheels in the rear with mine and monsterous PSS 305s and im fine, so you def have the green light with 275s and even will have to run spacers to get a flush look (if thats your style)...hope this helps buddy
305s??? Geeeezz lol. Reminds me of an article i read yesterday that mentioned how the new Camaro z/28 runs 305s in a SQUARE set up! Talk about insane grip lol
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
305s??? Geeeezz lol. Reminds me of an article i read yesterday that mentioned how the new Camaro z/28 runs 305s in a SQUARE set up! Talk about insane grip lol
yeah man they are insane ...just check my posts theres tons of pics of them if you wanna see how they look...her ass is fat haha..305s squared is just outta control i cant believe that...its my daily setup, ive tracked it at the Nurburgring with the setup 2 times this year simply bc im deployed now and there was no point in buying a track setup befre i left..they preformed well without any complains
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
yeah man they are insane ...just check my posts theres tons of pics of them if you wanna see how they look...her ass is fat haha..305s squared is just outta control i cant believe that...its my daily setup, ive tracked it at the Nurburgring with the setup 2 times this year simply bc im deployed now and there was no point in buying a track setup befre i left..they preformed well without any complains
Glad your enjoying the ride. Have a safe trip home buddy.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
This happens with all aftermarket springs on stock shocks with all makes. Usually we see stock shocks go at around 25,000-45,000 miles or 3-4 years and this is not something I would even worry about day to day.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Glad your enjoying the ride. Have a safe trip home buddy.
than man will do
Appreciate 0