BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

11-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Military-Dip Sales Europe: dealer question

This is starting to get ridicolous...today I'm hearing from BMW Paris that they can't install the BMW OEM alarm system (yup, the one made by BMW) into our US-spec M3. I even printed out the instructions for them so they could see its exactly the same steps as for a car here. But, they apparently can't get the programming done which sort of makes sense.

I'd be very curious and appreciative if any M3 drivers posted in Europe with a U.S.-spec car have tried (and been able) to get the alarm installed, and what if anything you went through to get it activated. If need be, since we go through Belgium/Holland/Germany a fair bit, I'll have to see about doing this there down the road since we already have the alarm.

You'd think we bought a Trabant...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
Atny286
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M3/E90/SSII/19s

Garage List
2008 M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
This is starting to get ridicolous...today I'm hearing from BMW Paris that they can't install the BMW OEM alarm system (yup, the one made by BMW) into our US-spec M3. I even printed out the instructions for them so they could see its exactly the same steps as for a car here. But, they apparently can't get the programming done which sort of makes sense.

I'd be very curious and appreciative if any M3 drivers posted in Europe with a U.S.-spec car have tried (and been able) to get the alarm installed, and what if anything you went through to get it activated. If need be, since we go through Belgium/Holland/Germany a fair bit, I'll have to see about doing this there down the road since we already have the alarm.

BS, they can, but won't. I got a letter from BMW AG, saying that BMW Europe dealers are advised not to service US Specs, as they will not get software support from AG. I am trying to have my US Specs car serviced in Holland... You might need to contact one of the military service points, as they have no trouble in servicing US Specs cars in Germany.

2008 M3 E90/SSII/Black/6MT/19s/chip=456PS
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post

Total BS. I am in Germany with a US Spec 09 M3. I bought the alarm from Circle BMW, and had it shipped to Germany. I had it installed and coded by the german dealer without a problem for 200 euro. I had to wait a week for them to request the correct software version from Munich, but once they had it, it was only an issue of taking my car there and letting the computer install the new software (took about 5 hours). Once that was done, the alarm is fully integrated in i-drive and works like a charm. The dealer I went to was Autohaus Pressath near Grafenwoehr, Germany.

Good luck. PM me if you need more info.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
335ICoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I installed the alarm myslef in my 335i and all features worked without programming. A few post on this in the E90post.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Yeah...thats BS...I'm currently stationed in Germany and got the BMW alarm system installed in my '08 E92 a couple weeks after I got it and the dealership had no issues with the install...come on over to Autohaus Sperber in Bamberg...see Simon...and he'll hook you up!
Appreciate 0