BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

04-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #221
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcan View Post
The cable doesn't matter, since the bus master in the MOST ring acts as a CAN/MOST gateway. You don't need a MOST interface to access control units on the MOST bus.

I doubt that. You're going to need an FSC for 6NR, which you won't generate at home. Even the dealer has to pay for it.

you are trying way way way too hard... after only a couple of posts, I suggest you do some reading (at least this thread) before you keep posting misinformation.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #222
dcan
Austria
Rep
Drives: PL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

you are trying way way way too hard... after only a couple of posts, I suggest you do some reading (at least this thread) before you keep posting misinformation.
The code is already visible in the ASBC portal, go check if you want. In some cases, applications come pre-enabled - but the fact you didn't have to enter a code, doesn't mean that there isn't any present in the system.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #223
dcan
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The OBDII cable does matter in accessing MOST devices. The common Chinese cable cannot access certain MOST devices.
Using the original interfaces, I was always able to access all control units on the MOST ring, regardless of the fact whether I was accessing the vehicle through K-Line, D-CAN, or Ethernet (on BN2020 cars). I don't see how using nonstandard equipment, which fails to implement the specified communication protocol properly, should be a valid argument. Use original interfaces, and you'll be able to access any bus from any bus, as far as the gateway tables permit it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #224
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Using the original interfaces, I was always able to access all control units on the MOST ring, regardless of the fact whether I was accessing the vehicle through K-Line, D-CAN, or Ethernet (on BN2020 cars). I don't see how using nonstandard equipment, which fails to implement the specified communication protocol properly, should be a valid argument. Use original interfaces, and you'll be able to access any bus from any bus, as far as the gateway tables permit it.
Of course if the original/OEM interface is used then we would not be having this conversation but I'm not taking about the "original" interface, isn't it?

Again, this is not a pissing contest. And again, the 6NR aftermarket retrofit is already available. Unless you will be offering your own retrofit then there's no meaningful contribution on your part in this particular thread.

There's a coding subforum in the E90post section that you could participate in, by the way.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #225
dcan
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Of course if the original/OEM interface is used then we would not be having this conversation but I'm not taking about the "original" interface, isn't it?

Again, this is not a pissing contest. And again, the 6NR aftermarket retrofit is already available. Unless you will be offering your own retrofit then there's no meaningful contribution on your part in this particular thread.

There's a coding subforum in the E90post section that you could participate in, by the way.
The interface issue never was a pissing contest for me. I always aim for the best quality in tools, I'd rather buy a 20 year old Gossen-Metrawatt, than a craptastic brand new chinese DMM for about the same price. Low quality bring you nothing but trouble.

As for the FSC, I took a look at the latest SWT list, and while it's not active yet for 6NR, it's already in the pipeline.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #226
AlBoston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 740i xdrive & 2018 640GT

Quote:
Quote:

What's the aftermarket retrofit for 6NR? How do I get it?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #227
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBoston View Post
What's the aftermarket retrofit for 6NR? How do I get it?
The link is several posts above yours.
Appreciate 0