BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

12-11-2013, 04:35 AM   #23
M3LOVE
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun View Post
Is that the one that's been on carsales for 6 months? I remember one at a Ballarat dealer that was there for ages before during and after my search for one (not a fan of the silver hence why I overlooked it).
Yes yes I believe so. It had been up for a long time, so I investigated a little further. Turns out according to the new dealer, this car was pretty much owned and driven by the previous owner and didn't force it out of the showroom. So only a couple of months ago, the new ownership took over, and finally wanted it out of the showroom. Therefore offering all those deals and warranty etc.
Which is a big reason why I bought it as this was the only one in VIC out of a BMW dealer and with 2yr extended warranty, it felt like a logical decision :S so far so good...
On the topic of mods, as you can see my old car was pretty much personalized.. didn't fancy the silver at the start, but the more I look at it now, the more there is to it. But definitely not over doing it. By Saturday it'll have the IPE exhaust on, and some Eibach springs. Maybe look for some wheels next.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #24
M3LOVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
Haha....Do you like sitting back in your arm chair waiting for people to start modding their cars?

After coming from a Rotary background, I didnt think the modding community for this sort of luxury sports car would be so big, but i'm happily mistaken!

With a car like the E92 M3, it seems that because its such a unique car, even the slightest mod makes it look so nice! So have fun!

M3Love, where in Melb are you? we should have a drive down beach road or something one Sunday Afternoon/Friday night. Blow some of those showroom cobwebs out!
Definitely mate, I'm more towards the east but beach road sounds great. Embarrassed to say after driving SMG for too long manual's getting rusty haha. A sunny Sunday would be great, we'll see how the weather is next week
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #25
leeb8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
Haha....Do you like sitting back in your arm chair waiting for people to start modding their cars?

After coming from a Rotary background, I didnt think the modding community for this sort of luxury sports car would be so big, but i'm happily mistaken!

With a car like the E92 M3, it seems that because its such a unique car, even the slightest mod makes it look so nice! So have fun!

M3Love, where in Melb are you? we should have a drive down beach road or something one Sunday Afternoon/Friday night. Blow some of those showroom cobwebs out!
for sure buddy ! I am in SE suburb, and I knowa Melbourne Red e92 M3 owner as well he literally lives just down the road from me ! will flick u a PM and organize.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb8 View Post
for sure buddy ! I am in SE suburb, and I knowa Melbourne Red e92 M3 owner as well he literally lives just down the road from me ! will flick u a PM and organize.
Sounds good!
I have a buddy with a professional camera, so Ill see if I can organize to get it off him to get some shots of the cars -
See if we can set somthing up soon, however as I know tis only a couple of weeks of Christmas, it may be a little hard!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #27
M3LOVE
Rep

Name:  1487301_10151770292296555_1020040647_n.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  83.1 KB
lol I've owned the car for less than a week, and already modding. I have some serious issues.
Picking it up tomorrow, IPE full valvtronic exhaust and eibach springs.
It's supposed to sound like this:

Let's hear it tomorrow hope it doesn't disappoint!
Anyone have one of these?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #28
leeb8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOVE View Post
Attachment 951668
lol I've owned the car for less than a week, and already modding. I have some serious issues.
Picking it up tomorrow, IPE full valvtronic exhaust and eibach springs.
It's supposed to sound like this:

Let's hear it tomorrow hope it doesn't disappoint!
Anyone have one of these?

Ive been eying on IPE for ages, just good bang for your buk !

would you been keen for a meet / cruise once ur car is done ?

serious wanna hear IPE in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #29
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

very nice!
which Eibach springs did you get and where from & cost if you dont mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #30
M3LOVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb8 View Post
Ive been eying on IPE for ages, just good bang for your buk !

would you been keen for a meet / cruise once ur car is done ?

serious wanna hear IPE in person.

Name:  999916_10151774769556555_1191475330_n.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  92.3 KB

Down for a meet for sure.
Update from my own personal experience, since it wasn't "cheap" I'm going to critic first.
My old E46 had a custom altered OEM exhaust, with a high flow cat, so I guess I'm used to something quiet enough when cruising and snappy loud when I open the throttle. So to have the valve open or close, it's kind of... why give me that option? Because I'll just want it open all the time and get paranoid and look for popos around me. So I end up turning it off, and back on everytime I stop at the lights... there is an auto mode where the valve opens at around 4k rpm, but doesn't sound as natural as it all of a sudden just SNAPS and scares the crap out of everyone around me haha.
Ok now for good part, open the valve.
I took it out at night and drove around in the cold with my windows both down and heater on full blast for half a tank of fuel with a grin on my face, I would happily catch a cold, and do it again.
Overall yup sounds just like the one in the video no exaggerations, but is it worth all that $$$ just for the occasions is your call I guess.
The Eibach springs were around 800-900 fitted I think. All work was done by Active Motowerke in Burwood as they are the distributor for IPE, and my neighbour at work coincidentally.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #31
M3LOVE
Rep

Merry Christmas everyone!
Gave her a wash today, starting to dig the colour more and more.
Here's some snaps.
Name:  IMG_0191.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  339.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0209.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  561.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0214.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  541.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0223.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  486.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #32
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
However as I drove 100km out, the trip comp tells me I need to add 1L of oil...
Which straight away they explained to me was because the car sat in the showroom for too long, and oil must've settled in as I drove and it's no big deal. So they'll pay for the oil top up.
The servicing on my old E46 was still scheduled by KMs, while this one you bring in when the car tells you to. So just wondering is it common that the little +1L oil pops up? When it does, would you simply just top up with the right oil?
Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Welcome,after 3 years I love mine more every day, one of the best blank canvasses of all.

Everyone will have different taste in appearance, performance and sound. I've always liked to follow the theme of the primary colour and black, remove all chrome and set the stance of the car to a nice rake. The car retains the OE look but has a more aggressive appearance and stance

The oil sensors are a true pain. I change oil every 8000ks and it always shows overfull when you start, if you take a litre out it asks for a litre after about 60-100Ks. This has only ever happened after an oil service. It takes quite a few Ks to settle the level sensors after the oil has been drained, 100 Ks sounds about right unless it was already low. You can check any time by pressing through the menu until it shows the oil level, but it needs to be at operating temp before it gives a reading.
A group of us buy oil in bulk (Castrol Edge professional TWS 10W 60) instead of paying $40 per litre it's around $13.00 per litre in 20 Litre drums
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #33
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

IPE exhaust are the shiznitttttt .. backfire galore
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0