BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

11-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

where are you going to get winter tires mounted?

Hey guys,

in the past few winters I've alway went to the dealership to get my winter tires mounted. I don't have seperate wheels and have to swap them on my current wheels every year.

Anyways, I think BMW Alexandria charged me in the neighborhood of $35 per corner.

I called J&F they quoted me $72 per corner. Where are you Arlington/Alexandria owners going?

Incidentally, J&F quoted me $120 for labor for an oil change. Earlier in the year, they quoted me $60 for labor, but they said they'll have to spend more time due to the electronic dipstick, and $60 was for E46 M3s. Obviously, given the oil change kit itself cost $160 and the full change at the BMW Alexandria costing $245 (including oil and filter and misc parts) I also need a good indy BMW shop that can change my oil in the neighborhood of $60 labor. though the $85 ($245 - $160)of labor at BMW Alexandria isn't bad considering they also give me a loaner.

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Sounds like the dealer is the way to go on this one.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

For my new winters, I am doing Tire Rack installation at Firestone in McLean for $22.50 a corner. I have the spare wheels to dedicate to winters, but right now they have the aging PSS meat that came on them when I bought them used.

Firestone is my usual tire shop for years and I've never had a problem, but you don't get "road force balancing." If you have any problems with the balance (I never have), you bring it back and they fix it while you wait.

I have also used TireVan for years, and like them quite a bit (they do road force, even though they do it in your driveway). But of course, that's for tire purchase, not remounts. I went with TireRack because I wanted to give the forum sponsor a little coin, and TireVan's website was on the fritz when I tried to price it out anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

i pay 0 dollars ! mwahahahahah! my best friend has a shop free work on everything

but seriously he only charges 60-80 bucks max for a customer mount /balance
Appreciate 0