BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

11-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #67
artar
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 MR E92 M3; 08 SGM 135i Vert

I have an '09 non-ZCP M3... hear dat VTEC kick in yo!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #68
dexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
The consensus has always been that they're cast.
Don't care, facts please

Quote:
I don't remember seeing anywhere that BMW claims they're forged like they do the non ZCP 19" wheels.
Seriously?

I downloaded the 2011 brochure PDF from bmwusa.com. It says in FIVE different places the 359M wheels are forged. That's just the brochure.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #69
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Well, that just adds weight to the car and makes it sluggish. Look at my M3 0-60 in 3 minutes
Hell..I need a calendar for my 0-60..
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #70
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot09 View Post
I had a 2008 M3 sedan 6MT, I now have a 2011 DCT, ZCP coupe. The car is faster, hands down compared to a non ZCP car, sounds different and more responsive. Those who do not get ZCP are truly being cheated in my opinion. Besides if you spring for the OEM 19's at $950 why not spring $2,500 for the ZCP package, well worth the money.
So the 2011 DCT ZCP is faster than the 2008 6MT and you are sure it's because of the ZCP!!!!!!!!
I am sorry but did you say DCT????
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #71
henryyxyu
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: YXZ

I'd get the ZCP mainly for resell value. Saying that you have a performance package on an already performance car makes even more 'performancey' .

All joking aside though, as others have stated before, I highly doubt that the EDC reprogramming makes a world of difference. Besides the lowered ride height and wider rubber (and maybe lighter rims?), I don't see anything that would drastically change how the car drives overall. If they put on some thicker sway bars, then that'd be a different story IMO.

Its a good buy though for those who want to stay stock and have their car slightly modded without resorting to aftermarket tuners. I would have gotten it except they didn't have the ZCP option back then .
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #72
LemonOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///Most Powerful Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot09 View Post
I had a 2008 M3 sedan 6MT, I now have a 2011 DCT, ZCP coupe. The car is faster, hands down compared to a non ZCP car, sounds different and more responsive. Those who do not get ZCP are truly being cheated in my opinion. Besides if you spring for the OEM 19's at $950 why not spring $2,500 for the ZCP package, well worth the money.
Welcome to the DCT club!
You know DCT IS faster than 6MT, not because of ZCP? (maybe on track)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #73
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
lol other than increasing resale value, it's completely useless to 99% of the people here. No one would notice the difference in how it handles, and if they can, then that means they're probably already looking at another option for suspension.

Add to that that it's like 6000$+ here in Canada, they can eat it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:31 AM   #74
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

I think what he was getting at was the way people announce it every time they mention the car like it's special or something. It's am option package that anyone can get on any 2011 M3. It's not like it's an Edition, GTS, or Individual where the car truly is different than a standard M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #75
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

If I were a Mod, there'd be a padlock on this bullshit thread so that all you sissies can go back to talking about which color is the best

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #76
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
Don't care, facts please

Seriously?

I downloaded the 2011 brochure PDF from bmwusa.com. It says in FIVE different places the 359M wheels are forged. That's just the brochure.

Hate to break it to you but the zcp wheels are not forged. Do a quick on here and you'll see the threads that explain it and give you the "facts."
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #77
dexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalshy99 View Post
Hate to break it to you but the zcp wheels are not forged. Do a quick on here and you'll see the threads that explain it and give you the "facts."
I used to think Nasioc was bad this board is worse... simply terrible.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #78
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I used to think Nasioc was bad this board is worse... simply terrible.
What was so bad about that? I was just letting you know that they are not forged, which someone else already tried to tell you but you yelled at them saying they have no idea what they're talking about. Yes the brochure says they're forged but this is incorrect. That has been talked about on here before.

When I was curious about this same thing I searched and found the correct answer, that they are indeed not forged. The price alone kind of gives this away. The 18" 260M and the 19" 220M both cost more per wheel then the 359M ZCP wheels.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #79
dexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What was so bad about that? I was just letting you know that they are not forged, which someone else already tried to tell you but you yelled at them saying they have no idea what they're talking about. Yes the brochure says they're forged but this is incorrect. That has been talked about on here before.
Yet it's still too hard to press "Ctrl-V" and paste the post you found with "facts" in it instead of another useless reply.

Quote:
When I was curious about this same thing I searched and found the correct answer, that they are indeed not forged. The price alone kind of gives this away. The 18" 260M and the 19" 220M both cost more per wheel then the 359M ZCP wheels.
More speculation on irrelevant information.

I expect to see a link showing the original manufacturer of the wheels showing the manufacturing process is not forged.

The button shows a hundred other people making posts like yours, yet not a single conclusive fact.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #80
DeepSeaLandry
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
I only got ZCP because i like the look of the wheels and dont plan on doing aftermarket...The other point that sold me was that it comes slightly lowered...i know its not much, but good enough for me...I did alot of modding in the past and got tempted to do it again with the M but because of all the issues in the past with aftermarket shit....i decided not to mod the M....so when i found out it came slightly lowered, i was sold...cuz theres no way i would put an aftermarket suspension in this car like i did with my last 2...squeaks, rattles, all the bullshit....just made me feel a little better about the purchase cuz i didnt have to do shit...
+1 Agreed and would do the same thing for the peace of mind of a "factory" car that has everything that I want already done!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #81
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yet it's still too hard to press "Ctrl-V" and paste the post you found with "facts" in it instead of another useless reply.

More speculation on irrelevant information.

I expect to see a link showing the original manufacturer of the wheels showing the manufacturing process is not forged.

The button shows a hundred other people making posts like yours, yet not a single conclusive fact.
The prices are a fact, not speculation. In who's crazy mind would a forged wheel cost less then a spun cast wheel. Please tell me why the zcp wheel would cost less per wheel then the standard 18" and 19" wheels which are forged and made by BBS with your obvious extensive knowledge of cars. The only thing that explains this is the material and the process used.

Keep searching, someone had the actual BMW part catalog that showed the price and the process by which they were made, it showed spun cast.

And in regard to pasting the information, why would I go out of my way to spend the time searching to find the information for you when you're to lazy to search for yourself and do nothing but have a 13 year old girls first time on her period bitchy attitude towards people trying to give you information.

Thats it I'm done, no point in trying to tell you anything other then what you want to hear because you're obviously not going to listen.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #82
dexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The prices are a fact, not speculation. In who's crazy mind would a forged wheel cost less then a spun cast wheel. Please tell me why the zcp wheel would cost less per wheel then the standard 18" and 19" wheels which are forged and made by BBS with your obvious extensive knowledge of cars. The only thing that explains this is the material and the process used.

Keep searching, someone had the actual BMW part catalog that showed the price and the process by which they were made, it showed spun cast.

And in regard to pasting the information, why would I go out of my way to spend the time searching to find the information for you when you're to lazy to search for yourself and do nothing but have a 13 year old girls first time on her period bitchy attitude towards people trying to give you information.
You didn't present any facts about prices... Here's a fact: (Note you can tell this is a fact because I'm posting frickin' URL that's not just me saying whatever the hell I want to) http://www.vortextuning.com/vortex_t...set-black.html

220M replica's in a cast process, the asking price is only ~$224 per wheel. That still has a huge margin built in because they know there is a limited high-end market for these. Their manufacturing cost I would believe is less than 50% of that, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone said 30%. Regardless it's a very small fraction of what the forged wheel costs. Let's do a bit of math, by the same ratio if the ZCP wheel are cast, and 220M wheels would be well over (edit did that wrong) $16,000 for a set? Clearly not true since I can get them here including powdercoating and tuner-markup for $2983.32 http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...220-BLACK-RIMS

Quote:
Thats it I'm done, no point in trying to tell you anything other then what you want to hear because you're obviously not going to listen.
You're right I'm not going to listing to a bunch of hearsay and speculation. Good thing you shut up before I had to plainly say "Put up, or shut up", but I'd just be repeating myself in a less subtle way.

Since I own them I'd damn well like to know if BMW sold me forged wheels that are really cast, and no one here is about to prove that, or there would be a class-action lawsuit brewing in the range for $2000+ plus per customer.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #83
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You didn't present any facts about prices... Here's a fact: (Note you can tell this is a fact because I'm posting frickin' URL that's not just me saying whatever the hell I want to) http://www.vortextuning.com/vortex_t...set-black.html

220M replica's in a cast process, the asking price is only ~$224 per wheel. That still has a huge margin built in because they know there is a limited high-end market for these. Their manufacturing cost I would believe is less than 50% of that, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone said 30%. Regardless it's a very small fraction of what the forged wheel costs. Let's do a bit of math, by the same ratio if the ZCP wheel are cast, and 220M wheels would be well over (edit did that wrong) $16,000 for a set? Clearly not true since I can get them here including powdercoating and tuner-markup for $2983.32 http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...220-BLACK-RIMS

You're right I'm not going to listing to a bunch of hearsay and speculation. Good thing you shut up before I had to plainly say "Put up, or shut up", but I'd just be repeating myself in a less subtle way.

Since I own them I'd damn well like to know if BMW sold me forged wheels that are really cast, and no one here is about to prove that, or there would be a class-action lawsuit brewing in the range for $2000+ plus per customer.
You're a complete moron. There's a fact. This thread is my proof.

You just tried to prove something, I'm not even sure what, based on a replica's price and I have no idea what kind of math you did to get $16,000.

359M = $485.00 each
220M = $740.00 each
(front wheels)

My point is proven. If you don't believe me on the prices feel free to call the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #84
dexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You're a complete moron.
Ad hominem, you prove only that you lose.

Quote:
There's a fact. This thread is my proof.

You just tried to prove something, I'm not even sure what, based on a replica's price and I have no idea what kind of math you did to get $16,000.

359M = $485.00 each
220M = $740.00 each
(front wheels)

My point is proven. If you don't believe me on the prices feel free to call the dealership.
220M cast replica's $164+. This is a ratio of 4.5 to 1 forged to cast. Do you follow?
Assume the 359M are cast at $485, forged versions would be $2182.50 each, or $8730 a set.

Yes it's partially nonsense. I hoped you'd take a hint, price comparisons are BS, it's clear that you haven't picked that up.

Quote:
You just tried to prove something, I'm not even sure what
Correct.

Proof Proof Proof Proof, give me proof.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #85
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ad hominem, you prove only that you lose.

220M cast replica's $164+. This is a ratio of 4.5 to 1 forged to cast. Do you follow?
Assume the 359M are cast at $485, forged versions would be $2182.50 each, or $8730 a set.

Yes it's partially nonsense. I hoped you'd take a hint, price comparisons are BS, it's clear that you haven't picked that up.

Correct.

Proof Proof Proof Proof, give me proof.
Except you can't do it with a replica... if BMW(BBS) made the same wheel in forged and cast then your ratio would make sense, but its a rep vs original so your concept is flawed regardless of the process used to make the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #86
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

ZCP ...sigh...made a better option for the e46 because of the items..

zcp doesnt mean shit on the e92. Seriously, wheels? I"ve been waiting for someone to start a thread about this ridic'ness. All those crazy ass packages as well, and WTF do we need with Auto high beams WTF.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #87
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Haha I was just waiting for someone to post this... It is entertaining isn't it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #88
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

if your car doesn't have ZCP, it's not a real M3. Just like all the sedan and vert owners out there...your car isn't a real M3...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread