BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I wasn't saying that this was a comparison. I was referring to natureboy's "badge whore" comment. I figured that he was aiming it at some of us, me included. To be honest (and again, not to turn it into a comparison), I'd take the Lambo even if it wasn't a Lambo. Remove the badge, I'd still prefer it. I like the looks and the sound.

Regardless, that Supra does go like sh*t.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #46
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

2jz-gte Ftmfw
      01-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #47
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
2jz-gte Ftmfw
Indeed.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #48
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by L~R~G nor cal View Post
If modded correctly the supra would kick the lambos ass around any track.. A supra does not have use-able power? YA RIGHT!!
No it doesn't have usable power. RWD with >1000hp != usable. Plus it's jumpy as a mofo, nothing till it spools then BROOOOOM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
well apparently that Supra had enough "usable power" to make that Lamborghini look like it was in reverse...
Yup, going in a straight line doing nothing but mashing the throttle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Damn, that Supra was flying once that sucker spooled up.
Thank you sir. This is what I'm trying to say exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #49
BMW DIET
Captain
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007/330coupe/silv/BBSch

lambo anyday.....if you had that type of cash you will NOT be saying ok I want a TOYOTA with all my millions of $$. Who wants a Lambo , Bently or A Martin !Give me the TOYOTA !!!! yeah!!!!!!! RUBBISH!
      01-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #50
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Some people here just don't have any conprehension. T-H-I-S I-S N-O-T A C-O-M-P-A-R-I-S-O-N.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #51
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
well apparently that Supra had enough "usable power" to make that Lamborghini look like it was in reverse...
Yup, going in a straight line doing nothing but mashing the throttle.
i'll happlily concede this fact if you can find where i implied otherwise. but to save you the time, when i said what i did, it was already implied to begin with that a 1200hp Supra (or any 1200hp street car for that matter) ONLY has enough usable power to beat an LP640 on a straight-away. i just didn't think i'd have to spell it out for anyone. nevertheless, it WAS "usable" power, or the Supra would have sat there spinning all day and not won the races...

we all know that 1200hp isn't "usable" in anything other than a straight line race...that goes without saying. the point of this thread was just to show an impressively fast car. it is not a "Lambo Vs Supra" thread. it is not a "what would you rather have?" thread. it is not a "which is the better overall package" thread. we could argue about usable power all day...the bottom line is that are far less powerful Supra's out there that would hand an LP640 its ass on a circuit. likewise there are Supra's that are not nearly modified enough to give an LP640 a run for its money at either the circuit OR the drag strip. i suppose someone could argue that i'm now talking about stock Vs modified, but we're already comparing apples to oranges by comparing "Toyota Vs Lamborghini," or "mass-produced Vs limited production." our minds tend to lead our conversations into comparisons...but its not a comparison guys.