BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

04-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Vorstiener type II first thought

Broke down last week after waiting for the challenge diffuser for the longest time among other brands. With nothing in sight for a while and low options for the E90 I did it. I bought the Vorstiener type II. An initial test fit doesn't look very promising. I know its after market and all, but for $800 and a "certificate of Authenticity" one would think it would pretty much fit snug to the bumper with little to no issue.. I'll wait till I put the screws to it and apply the tape before the rant begins.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Your not the first to report fitment issues with brand V. Hopefully it works out for you to help alleviate some of the sting of the whole challenge ordeal.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat
Broke down last week after waiting for the challenge diffuser for the longest time among other brands. With nothing in sight for a while and low options for the E90 I did it. I bought the Vorstiener type II. An initial test fit doesn't look very promising. I know its after market and all, but for $800 and a "certificate of Authenticity" one would think it would pretty much fit snug to the bumper with little to no issue.. I'll wait till I put the screws to it and apply the tape before the rant begins.
I had the SAME issue! Mine would not stay on at all! I even had vorsteiner themselves put it on and it FAILED twice!!! They even dremeled it to fit!!! Swear to god.

There only solution was to epoxy it on to my bumper. At that point I asked for my money back which I got a free weeks later, but I also found a quarter size paint chip where the diffuser was taped too. No one fessed up to it and they pretty much blew it off when I pointed it out to them.

When I first had the issue, the owner Peter called me and told me they would replace it. Plus give me a free front lip. And that they take quality seriously, yadda yadda, he sold it THICK! I passed on the free stuff (the lips are ugly) and some he had some other guy handle my reinstall. When that failed twice they pushed some Asian chick on me and Peter never showed his face to me not even once! So I got the run around from three of them and excuse after excuse. They didnt even try another diffuser!

My parting gift... A business card holder! It was a slap in the face.

I'll never buy another vorsteiner product EVER!

Return it if you can or call them directly to get a refund. It's crap!
      04-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Its on! Wouldn't say its perfect but it looks nice and the jerez helped hide the small gaps that seem to be on the passanger side of the tail pipes. I was able to push the bumper from behind with my finger tips towards the diffuser. Once they made contact the tape worked some magic. Used a hair dryer before the final stick and heated the tape and bumper. I'll post some pics when i have time.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #5
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

Interesting, thought vorsteiner was supposed to be the best??
      04-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
You and me both. Dont get me wrong it does look good. But hey for $800-$900 that thing should fit awesome! Not 90%
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
M3_FJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

My GTS-V diffuser is a unsatisfactory fit for a $1,800 item. Like mentioned above you'd think fitment would be spot on for the amount they charge but it's not.
      04-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Thought so too until I saw pics that show otherwise. I refuse to play ridiculous prices for it to look no better than parts I can off eBay for a couple of hundred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
You and me both. Dont get me wrong it does look good. But hey for $800-$900 that thing should fit awesome! Not 90%
Luckily you have a black car and not white. Strange, I thought everything they sold were over $1k. Glad you were able to make it work though.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
jkim723
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

In for pics
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

I just installed my Vorsteiner diffuser and it was about a 92% fitment. Not as good as Challenge, but comparable price.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Arkym is the best fitment I tried.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

never had a problem with Vorsteiner parts on both my cars e46m / e90m. im a happy customer

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #13
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Lets see some pics a few days after install...
      04-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Thought so too until I saw pics that show otherwise. I refuse to play ridiculous prices for it to look no better than parts I can off eBay for a couple of hundred.
I'm newer to the cf game but i'm running the full mode carbon kit now and fitment was 100%.
      04-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
I'm newer to the cf game but i'm running the full mode carbon kit now and fitment was 100%.
Agreed. From the pictures, they make way better stuff than Vorsteiner IMO (fitment wise)
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #16
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Lets see some pics a few days after install...
Well you nailed it. Checked it out this morning... Seeing more gaps after letting it sit for a few days! From the top view you can see where the left side now has a noticeable gap and the right side is flush to the bumper

Quote:
Mode carbon has discontinued the diffuser for the E90. There is a race version coming but its not out yet.

Going to take it off and try again...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

AW E90 here as well. I've attempted 2 times to install my Vorsteiner diffuser. I cant get it satisfactory enough where i'd feel safe leaving it on my car. I'm going to try one more time and if I cant succeed, its off the the FS forums.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano View Post
AW E90 here as well. I've attempted 2 times to install my Vorsteiner diffuser. I cant get it satisfactory enough where i'd feel safe leaving it on my car. I'm going to try one more time and if I cant succeed, its off the the FS forums.
Really disappointed in mine at this point. I'm going back for a third time this evening. Its takes longer to clean it up than it does to install.... Once you stick it and realize you're 1/8" here or there its to late.

** Third times the charm! Vorstiener had accidentally sent 2 diffuser's in the same box The other one seemed to fit a lot better!! 95% fitment.
its on and looking good for now..... pics when the rain stops

Last edited by Nati Beastcat; 04-29-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Really disappointed in mine at this point. I'm going back for a third time this evening. Its takes longer to clean it up than it does to install.... Once you stick it and realize you're 1/8" here or there its to late.

** Third times the charm! Vorstiener had accidentally sent 2 diffuser's in the same box The other one seemed to fit a lot better!! 95% fitment.
its on and looking good for now..... pics when the rain stops

BONUS! Sell the other one... free diffuser for you! LOLLL
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
BONUS! Sell the other one... free diffuser for you! LOLLL
Thought about that but didn't want the bad karma!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 M3

where are the pics?

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #22
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeM3 View Post
where are the pics?

Don't have the performance spoiler on yet but the OEM is removed.

just a quick iphone pic

fitment is pretty good on the second diffuser so far. I'll get better pics when its all together
Appreciate 0