BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

01-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #23
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

^^ That looks connected to me, and check out the photo from Autospies in post #19.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #24
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Who the f**k really cares if the exhaust is connected or not, does any of this effect the performance of the car one bit?

NO.

The IS-F is a good sports saloon car, which posts very quick times, should handle as well as the competition and be competitively priced for what you get.

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM WITH THIS CAR.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #25
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Who the f**k really cares if the exhaust is connected or not, does any of this effect the performance of the car one bit?

NO.
Me cares. It just doesn't look good. Don't like the 977 TT's exhaust for similar reasons:
http://www.jeremycopp.org/images/997TRear.JPG

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #26
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:

NO.

The IS-F is a good sports saloon car, which posts very quick times, should handle as well as the competition and be competitively priced for what you get.

Thanks footie. Seriously, the thread is about the Official pricing and the first thing that is brought up is the exhaust. I don't see anybody complaining about one of the fake vent on the M3's hood. Which nobody should in the first place. Anyway, i have confirmed from someone that i know that have seen the IS-F in person and yes it is connected. But let's get back on topic, $56k is not bad at all IMO. Here's another article from Autoblog. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/2...art-at-56-000/

Last edited by gbb357; 01-11-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #27
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Me cares. It just doesn't look good. Don't like the 977 TT's exhaust for similar reasons:
http://www.jeremycopp.org/images/997TRear.JPG

Best regards, south
Let's be real, are you really going to consider the IS-F regardless of the exhaust being connected or not. Because that exhaust "issue" is really an easy fix. The hood on the other hand is not, that's my issue with this car, but i can still live with it and i would still buy this car when i can. But i'd probably prefer the C63 but i'm not sure yet, i'm still torn.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #28
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
Let's be real, are you really going to consider the IS-F regardless of the exhaust being connected or not. Because that exhaust "issue" is really an easy fix. The hood on the other hand is not, that's my issue with this car, but i can still live with it and i would still buy this car when i can. But i'd probably prefer the C63 but i'm not sure yet, i'm still torn.
It doesn't matter if I consider the IS-F or not. Some said the exhaust isn't connected (which is clearly OT, sorry for that), you said it's connected. Another picture from the same photo series your pic is from shows that it doesn't seem so:
http://www.autospies.com/images/user...F/BDW_0057.JPG

You're right that it's not that important, though.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #29
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
It doesn't matter if I consider the IS-F or not. Some said the exhaust isn't connected (which is clearly OT, sorry for that), you said it's connected. Another picture from the same photo series your pic is from shows that it doesn't seem so:
http://www.autospies.com/images/user...F/BDW_0057.JPG

You're right that it's not that important, though.

Best regards, south
If you're not considering it, why would you care. That's my point. Anyway, this article definitely makes it official. http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases...T2008011143506
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #30
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

-He he says look do not matter is beyond naive.

-Comparing the form over function level of a disconnected oval exhaust piece of jewelry to a single non functional hood vent placed FOR BALANCED AESTHETICS when one side is functional is ABSURD.

-Personally I am not a fan of the 911TT exhasust but hell, at least it is real, real metal and real exhaust pieces.

-It is very uncharacteristically Lexus to have such a poorly thought our design "fetaure".
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #31
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

When you did the simulation of the IS-F on your program, did you include the disconnected exhaust or the connected exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

-Comparing the form over function level of a disconnected oval exhaust piece of jewelry to a single non functional hood vent placed FOR BALANCED AESTHETICS when one side is functional is ABSURD.

-Personally I am not a fan of the 911TT exhasust but hell, at least it is real, real metal and real exhaust pieces.

-It is very uncharacteristically Lexus to have such a poorly thought our design "fetaure".
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:

I agree that with out vents the M3 would have looked silly, but are we even sure that the IS-F exhaust pipes aren't connected. Like gbb357 says I too have seen photos which look like they are indeed connected and others where clearly they are not. I think we need Steved here to confirm which is correct as he is present for quite a few EVO road tests maybe he can enlighten us with this one.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #33
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:

-It is very uncharacteristically Lexus to have such a poorly thought our design "fetaure"
The fact that you and the rest of the hating fanboys are making such effort on this just for the sake of dissing the IS-F and not to mention that it is completely off topic, that's ABSURD.

But let's discuss it anyway. First of all, i did not directly compare the M3's vent, i just made a reference that it is fake and that nobody here complains about it but i'm sure if it was any other car and especially the IS-F it would've been a big deal. The exhaust on the ISF is not fake, it is actually dual exhaust on each side and as far as i know from someone that has seen it in person, it is connected. And again, nobody really knows if the actual production will be disconnected. Are'nt you tired of making conclusions without any valid proof and have'nt you learned your lesson from the ISF thread and GTR "massively underrated" thread. And who the hell said that looks does'nt matter. So the exhaust on the IS-F is not real and it is not real metal, you know this for sure and you've seen it in person.

Last edited by gbb357; 01-11-2008 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #34
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The fact that you and the rest of the hating fanboys are making such effort on this just for the sake of dissing the IS-F and not to mention that it is completely off topic, that's ABSURD.

But let's discuss it anyway. First of all, i did not directly compare the M3's vent, i just made a reference that it is fake and that nobody here complains about it but i'm sure if it was any other car and especially the IS-F it would've been a big deal. The exhaust on the ISF is not fake, it is actually dual exhaust on each side and as far as i know from someone that has seen it in person, it is connected. And again, nobody really knows if the actual production will be disconnected. Are'nt you tired of making conclusions without any valid proof and have'nt you learned your lesson from the ISF thread and GTR "massively underrated" thread. And who the hell said that looks does'nt matter. So the exhaust on the IS-F is not real and it is not real metal, you know this for sure and you've seen it in person.
First you can try as you might to toss around the fanboy label but when the shoe doesn't fit I won't put it on. I offer praise and criticism to almost all cars I discuss, period. Next I'm so sorry your little pricing thread went off topic, that is almost the norm here. Get used to it. Do note I made nice comments about the price and brought the relevance right back to this forums principal topic - the M3.

If you did not compare in some way the "fake" hood intake of the M3 to the truly fake IS-F exhaust then I am a fricking monkeys uncle. Get over it the exhaust from picture after picture has been shown to be jewelry and in some way FAKE. No one means the tips are not connected to two pipes on each side, nor that it is not a true quad system, the "tips" just are not part of the actual exhaust. The "tips" are part of the bumper cover and that makes them fake and jewelry IMHO and in the opinion of many others. Oh wait, yeah I guess you are right, picture after picture is not proof it is all preemature and just a hideous mule/pre-production version.... Dream on...

The car is very nice, super fast, a great achievement for Lexus and even priced very "fairly". But all that being said you can not defend the hideous ricey exhaust, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 01:42 AM   #35
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:
First you can try as you might to toss around the fanboy label but when the shoe doesn't fit I won't put it on. I offer praise and criticism to almost all cars I discuss, period. Next I'm so sorry your little pricing thread went off topic, that is almost the norm here. Get used to it. Do note I made nice comments about the price and brought the relevance right back to this forums principal topic - the M3.

If you did not compare in some way the "fake" hood intake of the M3 to the truly fake IS-F exhaust then I am a fricking monkeys uncle. Get over it the exhaust from picture after picture has been shown to be jewelry and in some way FAKE. No one means the tips are not connected to two pipes on each side, nor that it is not a true quad system, the "tips" just are not part of the actual exhaust. The "tips" are part of the bumper cover and that makes them fake and jewelry IMHO and in the opinion of many others. Oh wait, yeah I guess you are right, picture after picture is not proof it is all preemature and just a hideous mule/pre-production version.... Dream on...

The car is very nice, super fast, a great achievement for Lexus and even priced very "fairly". But all that being said you can not defend the hideous ricey exhaust, sorry.
I never defended the looks, that's a matter of opinion. I'm only defending that this thread has nothing to do with the exhaust and that nobody really knows for sure if the actual production is going to be connected or not. The fact is the thread is about the price announcement and the only thing you can think of posting is the exhaust. And yes you are the fricking monkeys uncle for the fact that you're actually trying to justify your post and trying to cover up your fanboyism and the obvious hate on any car that is not BMW, and that's not just an opinion from myself and many other members but it's a proven fact. Make up your mind, is it somewhat fake or truly fake. And when you say fake exhaust, that's not the same as fake tips. THe exhaust is not fake and neither are the tips. Just because they may not be connected to each other that does'nt mean they're fake, that's my opinion. So what else can you really contribute in this thread besides the exhaust since that's all you really want to talk about. Don't be sorry Swamp, you don't like the car that's fine by me, i really could care less, just be happy that you're a diehard BMW fanboy.

Last edited by gbb357; 01-12-2008 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #36
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

The M3 will be $55,999.99.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #37
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:

...I think it looks horrible.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #38
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Mazda 6 with a bodykit.
      01-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #39
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I never defended the looks, that's a matter of opinion. I'm only defending that this thread has nothing to do with the exhaust and that nobody really knows for sure if the actual production is going to be connected or not. The fact is the thread is about the price announcement and the only thing you can think of posting is the exhaust. And yes you are the fricking monkeys uncle for the fact that you're actually trying to justify your post and trying to cover up your fanboyism and the obvious hate on any car that is not BMW, and that's not just an opinion from myself and many other members but it's a proven fact. Make up your mind, is it somewhat fake or truly fake. And when you say fake exhaust, that's not the same as fake tips. THe exhaust is not fake and neither are the tips. Just because they may not be connected to each other that does'nt mean they're fake, that's my opinion. So what else can you really contribute in this thread besides the exhaust since that's all you really want to talk about. Don't be sorry Swamp, you don't like the car that's fine by me, i really could care less, just be happy that you're a diehard BMW fanboy.
You are so insecure it is screaminly obvious. You can't accept criticisms to a flagship car BASED ON LOOKS on a forum primarily about a competitiors model. My posting record stands for itself. Praise and criticism for all cars, period. You are wrong here and you that is indubitable. My record and writings stand for themselves and the record shows you are 100% incorrect labeling me a fanboy. The false accusations are getting old and are insulting as well at this point, which sense you never have any thing true and concete to stand on, you have to resort to ad hominem pigenholing. Your tactics are so simplistic and even a bit pathetic.

You are also wrong that discussing the exhaust is the only thing I can come up with to discuss. How many times do I have to point out my comments on the price and its relevance to the M3, ten, twenty, one hundred? Do I have to paste the bloody quotes right here for you to see? As usual you just can't/won't/refuse to READ.

Tips are part of an exhaust system, hence the word "SYSTEM" and the IS-F exhaust system SUCKS A$$. JMO and the opinion of many others as well. Rationalize all you want, is it fake by a reasonable definition of the word fake.

You can misquote and misrepresent me as much as you like. I do like the car, no matter what power it puts out, nor what the exhaust is like - I LIKE THE CAR. Fantastic performance for the dollar and pretty nice looking as well. You can babble and drivel all you like but you can't steal my opinion away from me nor prove anything remotely to the contrary based on my posts.

Enjoy your world of massive delusion. You are truly unbeliveable.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #40
gbb357
Captain
Rep

^^ I think it's a big possibility for the M3 to be priced at $60k or below, especially now that the ISF is priced at $56k. But they can't sell for $49k, a fully loaded 335i coupe is $50k.

Last edited by gbb357; 01-13-2008 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #41
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Speaking of Lexii - check this out:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lf...r-concept.html

looks to me like they're after the Lambo spyder market - but w/ more reliability

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #42
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Speaking of Lexii - check this out:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lf...r-concept.html

looks to me like they're after the Lambo spyder market - but w/ more reliability

Yup, i posted more pics in here. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...54#post1957554
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #43
miky702
Registered
Rep

I don't want to insult anyone here, but why diss IS-f's disconnected exhaust (if that's even true on the production model) when porsche (your favorite auto company here) 996 turbo exhaust was also disconnected? I'm sure many of you wanted one when it first came out and hey, I didn't hear anyone dissing its exhaust. If it's not a big deal on the porsche, why is it a big deal on the lexus?

Why single out IS-f exhaust when the thread talks about it's pricing? When 996 turbo came out, I've never heard its "disconnected" exhaust being a factor in deciding whether to buy the car or not. What's up with the hypocrisy?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #44
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miky702 View Post
I don't want to insult anyone here, but why diss IS-f's disconnected exhaust (if that's even true on the production model) when porsche (your favorite auto company here) 996 turbo exhaust was also disconnected? I'm sure many of you wanted one when it first came out and hey, I didn't hear anyone dissing its exhaust. If it's not a big deal on the porsche, why is it a big deal on the lexus?

Why single out IS-f exhaust when the thread talks about it's pricing? When 996 turbo came out, I've never heard its "disconnected" exhaust being a factor in deciding whether to buy the car or not. What's up with the hypocrisy?
One word, noob: UGLY. Damn that IS-F exhaust is ugly.
Appreciate 0