BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

04-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #309
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine335i View Post
M33= 2nd biggest gintani hater, of course you have no problem with him being there. If PG was batman, you would be his Robin.
You are absolutely right ! Super hero's fighting against crime ..
Gintani is the joker ...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #310
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't see how there will be any credibility in this testing if your testing the OE tune without them present.As long as the tune is there , that's what is in question . "if" the OE tune does in fact make that much more power do any of you really expect PC to report that back to you? Not good for business If you ask me, and that what PC and all this is about. Business. Mike and PC are only involved because the OP Hirt there business with those "low" dyno Numbers. Now they are testing without OE, I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted from the start. This will be just ad unfair as OE testing there tune and saying it loses power. No credibility at all. And lol at PG being there, real nice!
what if he records the whole event on video and posts it on YouTube ??? The more honesty and BS filtering methods come forth on this thread the more excuses and putting people down I see
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #311
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
I don't see how there will be any credibility in this testing if your testing the OE tune without them present. "if" the OE tune does in fact make that much more power do any of you really expect PC to report that back to you? Not good for business If you ask me, and that what PC and all this is about. Business. Mike and PC are only involved because the OP Hirt there business with those "low" dyno Numbers. Now they are testing without OE, I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted from the start. This will be just ad unfair as OE testing there tune and saying it loses power. No credibility at all. And lol at PG being there, real nice!
It doesn't matter if the OE tune produces good numbers. If it doesn't produce the same large gain over the PC tune with the same consistent gain throughout the entire RPM range (which no one can explain), then it proves that they cooked the dyno. That is what is in debate in this particular thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #312
alpine335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

And who says PC is using the same tune originally on the OP car? Let me guess we are just taking his word.
      04-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #313
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
You are absolutely right ! Super hero's fighting against crime ..
Gintani is the joker ...

Alpine335I, this is whats called:

Bump; Set; Spike.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #314
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
alpine335i - Why don't you leave your bias at home. If there is any discrepancy here, it's in the dyno the OP posted which has been proven to be theoretically mathematically impossible.

You are obviously one of JJ's friends from back home.

We proposed a completely fair test, and it seems like all you do is make excuses. Do you want to know what's really not fair? Posting the dyno the OP posted to show a competitive advantage that doesn't exist.

We are trying to verify these claims. We gave Gintani/OE the opportunity to be involved many times. Obviously backing up their products and claims is not the most important thing to them, otherwise they would SHOW UP.

No confirmation, no cancellation, not even a courtesy call from the OP.

As singletrack said, "It doesn't matter if the OE tune produces good numbers. If it doesn't produce the same large gain over the PC tune with the same consistent gain throughout the entire RPM range (which no one can explain), then it proves that they cooked the dyno. That is what is in debate in this particular thread."

Remember who backed out of this one... At least we put our money where our mouth is.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #315
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Sorry, I needed a refill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
decided to pull up a chair next to you bud...
I'm back! Did I miss anything? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #316
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

If it were my company and reputation being questioned, I would definitely take the time to be at said test for verification...it can only improve sales if the test proves positive for similar gains. I highly doubt all hands are on deck for mfest projects.....

no matter what, this test is going to do nothing but fuel the flames as fan boys will nit pick at what they see as flawed methodology....

GL with the testing tho, looking forward to seeing the results...popcorn in hand...
      04-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #317
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post

Alpine335I, this is whats called:

Bump; Set; Spike.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #318
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
alpine335i - Why don't you leave your bias at home. If there is any discrepancy here, it's in the dyno the OP posted which has been proven to be theoretically mathematically impossible.

You are obviously one of JJ's friends from back home.

We proposed a completely fair test, and it seems like all you do is make excuses. Do you want to know what's really not fair? Posting the dyno the OP posted to show a competitive advantage that doesn't exist.

We are trying to verify these claims. We gave Gintani/OE the opportunity to be involved many times. Obviously backing up their products and claims is not the most important thing to them, otherwise they would SHOW UP.

No confirmation, no cancellation, not even a courtesy call from the OP.

As singletrack said, "It doesn't matter if the OE tune produces good numbers. If it doesn't produce the same large gain over the PC tune with the same consistent gain throughout the entire RPM range (which no one can explain), then it proves that they cooked the dyno. That is what is in debate in this particular thread."

Remember who backed out of this one... At least we put our money where our mouth is.
Mike is posting a pretty strong case here. I think OE needs to step up or they have a serious problem of their companies image at risk. Not one post on this entire thread by them addresses the issue at hand, and now there seems to be nothing but excuses why they won't show up to a test. It's beyond shady if you ask me. Sometimes you just gotta make time in your busy schedule for things like this. They are risking the image of their company. I'm sure this is hitting other forums, and won't take long to spread further.
      04-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #319
Raz@Gintani
Rep
Drives: E92- MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Mike is posting a pretty strong case here. I think OE needs to step up or they have a serious problem of their companies image at risk. Not one post on this entire thread by them addresses the issue at hand, and now there seems to be nothing but excuses why they won't show up to a test. It's beyond shady if you ask me. Sometimes you just gotta make time in your busy schedule for things like this. They are risking the image of their company. I'm sure this is hitting other forums, and won't take long to spread further.
1. Jeremy with OE TUNING is not a sponsor on this forum. If he answers with my name, there will be an infraction. He did answer most questions earlier in the tread with the sales@gintani.com name.

Mfest is in a couple of weeks, it is pretty difficult to set up the times that work for EVERYONE, including PC and the OP. You just have to understand that. I really don't think Jeremy would try to "forget" about this issue, since it is so important.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #320
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani View Post
1. Jeremy with OE TUNING is not a sponsor on this forum. If he answers with my name, there will be an infraction. He did answer most questions earlier in the tread with the sales@gintani.com name.

Mfest is in a couple of weeks, it is pretty difficult to set up the times that work for EVERYONE, including PC and the OP. You just have to understand that. I really don't Jeremy would try to "forget" about this issue, since it is so important.
This is good to know.
      04-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #321
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

agreed mfest is a huge event, but a dyno test as the one proposed can do nothing but increase sales....how can someone not want to take an opportunity like that?
      04-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #322
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

This is all a crock of crap !! I hate run arounds ...
This dyno event shouldnt take more than 2 hours , your telling me you don't have two hours to prove your golden point ??? Pleaseee
Where's Batman when you need him ....
:Robin to batman : holy tampered dyno Batman the Joker is at it again ... Quick to the ESS SC'rd Batmobile ...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #323
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
He doesn't have to be a sponser to answer questions about the validity of numbers that have been posted. He can't take 5 minutes to create his own account and answer the questions. I don't really see a violation there if he is only responding to the claims.
      04-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #324
Raz@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
This is all a crock of crap !! I hate run arounds ...
This dyno event shouldnt take more than 2 hours , your telling me you don't have two hours to prove your golden point ??? Pleaseee
Where's Batman when you need him ....
:Robin to batman : holy tampered dyno Batman the Joker is at it again ... Quick to the ESS SC'rd Batmobile ...
What kind of business do you own/run/work at?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #325
Raz@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
He doesn't have to be a sponser to answer questions about the validity of numbers that have been posted. He can't take 5 minutes to create his own account and answer the questions. I don't really see a violation there if he is only responding to the claims.
What other questions do you want him to respond to? He's responded to many questions.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #326
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

I walk dogs in manhattan for a living part time ,
I'm also a hair dresser .. I dress hair...
What's my profession have to do with this thread ?
I was called Robin you don't see me getting bent out of shape .
Just softening the mood a little no harm ment !
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #327
rbk1115
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acuras & BMWs

Garage List
I was taught that everybody only has 24 hours in one day. It is all about priority and time management.

If it is not a priority for a vendor to clear up any misunderstandings/issues with a product they are trying to sell, people will be able to come to their own conclusions about a vendor.

2009 BMW M3 Sedan
2013 BMW 535i M Sport Sedan
2014 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #328
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinM3 View Post
Why is it that Gintani customers always have to answer questions / allegations on the forums usually with dumb responses like this? Everyone is a hater because they bring actual data and proof to be discussed instead of going along with what they are told? It would be nice to hear from Gintani who im sure has seen this thread as to why the evidence provided appears to show that they clearly have been cheating to market their products and also slander other vendors in the process. Not to mention when Drew blew his motor Gintani never once posted about the situation or has yet to follow up and let people know what the status of his car is, again leaving their customer to face the public and answer all the questions. Im sorry but this is not how you run a business. If I was put in this situation with a company I gave my hard earned money to I would be having serious words with the owner.

Good luck to the OP on getting to the bottom of all of this and to any other customer who got one of these manipulated dyno charts.
Is this true??

edit: I saw Drew's thread already.

2008 E90 335

Last edited by dlbrooks18; 04-08-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #329
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
What other questions do you want him to respond to? He's responded to many questions.
I think what everybody wants to know. If PC is taking the time out of their schedule to put this issue to rest, why can't the other party involved do the same. Yeah you guys have Mfest but we are talking about serious claims agains your company that could affect future business. If you don't think that's important enough to pull 1 guy off a job for 1 day then that's your call. I said previously that the best companies really shine when times get tough and how they react to those challanges is what sets them apart from the rest. To me, this is exactly that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk1115 View Post
I was taught that everybody only has 24 hours in one day. It is all about priority and time management.

If it is not a priority for a vendor to clear up any misunderstandings/issues with a product they are trying to sell, people will be able to come to their own conclusions about a vendor.
      04-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #330
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

Sorry guys for the MIA action on my part but I got swamped with projects for work. I run a small design company and the deadlines were just insane lately.

To answer any of the questions or comments that were made....

OE/gintani did NOT push me away from participating in this test in any way.

I have no affiliation with either pc or OE/gintani and someone mentioning "what kind of powers does oe/gintani have over the OP" is just retarded.

I want this test to be as fair as possible. I want BOTH parties to be there regardless.

If both parties are not there it is not a fair test, hands down.

okay, I was a bit bummed out that OE/Gintani stated they would have time after M fest, so be it. But in the whole scheme of things, what does a few more weeks mean? Just relax people. OE/Gintani did reply to the thread stating that they have no problem in this test and I'll take their word for it and hopefully they will keep their word.

I apologize to Mike for not getting in contact with you regarding todays test session however my work is much more a priority over my car, as being a business owner.

I'm sure most of you could understand that.

However, with all that said.....after M Fest will be the real test of things.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread