BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Paypal Account types

Want to setup an account to receive payments for classifieds sale I am putting up. I want to set up a paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...istration-run#

What I am confused about on this page (and clicking Learn more) is the point of the three different account types. It appears they all seem free. Why would you choose one account over another one, and why not just have one account type for everyone? Could someone please explain this??

TIA..
Josh

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

i have the mid grade i thyink
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Josh49
Major General
Rep

I just don't understand the pros/cons of signing up for each account type. Why you would sign up for one and not the other... And why they even have these different account types..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
BMW06
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive35i

Josh,

If you are still searching then this might help...
In personal account - one can only pay you using their bank accounts.
In a way its good because, when someone pays you using credit/debit card then you need to have premier/business account to accept it, and to accpet credit/debit card payments there is a approx 3% fees !!!

And you probably knew the following image..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Josh49
Major General
Rep

So what are the downsides of having a premier account? it doesn't cost anything more? Why don't they make the default account a premier account??

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
BMW06
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Downside is that, if you have a premier account and anyone pays you using CC then you will 'automatically' receive money-3% (for $100 payment $97 in your Paypal account).
But in case of personal account, if someone pays you using CC then your account gets an option to accept/reject the payment (since its not a premier account), and request them to pay using bank account via paypal, so you do not pay any service chagre on transaction.

And I believe there is some limit on transactions/amount between the two.
And with Premier account you have an option to keep money in Paypal account and earn money market rate of interest on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #7
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Interesting. So you sign up for personal if you are doing minimum transfers and want to save some money and the person on the other end is looking to work with you?? Interesting. I guess since I'm selling about 25 I'll need to use premier to accept 25 credit cards or so. Guess I don't have much of a choice. What a weird setup though..

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
BMW06
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well...

It was all supposed to be FREE. And it was for a while. No different account types, just one.

But now PayPal wanted to make money from users & advertisers as well. So these different products.

I believe, they have 'Personal account' to keep up their 'FREE' marketing slogan.
Eventually when you really want to use PayPal, you like me (and mostly others) will end up paying for 'FREE' service !!!

Another interesting thing I noticed that you can 'UPGRADE' your account easily at a click of a button, but to downgrade you need to call them & flip-flopping is usually not allowed more then once.
Appreciate 0