BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #23
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Wow, what a difference a few weeks makes. I left my deposit on Nov 27th (or that's when it processed out of my checking acct, it may have been the Nov 24th) and I pick my M up on the 18th.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I must have gotten lucky then because I got an early Dec allocation for a wk 51 build
The allocations to US dealers are distributed towards the end of the month. I have no idea how Military Sales gets their cars through the local pipeline.
      01-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #25
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

I would assume it would be the same since we get US spec cars but you're right, who knows.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 02:28 AM   #26
lisajdimmick
Registered
Rep
Drives: ford

Smile m3 sedan and coupe

Hi Everyone.

this is lisa from first choice msp here...... in answer to your questions on the 2011 MY M3 sedan, coupes and convertibles we can place orders and have been allocated a March production week. As far as i can see there are very little changes to the actual specs or colors...

Any order placed in march will be ready around late may for east coast and mid june for west coast delivery.

we still do not yet have the prices, however we are expecting a price increase as it will be a facelift.. allegedly.... of around 3%.

any questions just email me at lisa.dimmick@firstchoicemsp.com and i will endeavor to answer them.

happy driving

lisa
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #27
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

And you're in the UAE??? Man, talk about your choice locations.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #28
Loganman
Rep
Drives: 330 Ci

Response on Individual Colors

My Rep sent me an email regarding the response on my color choices.

This is his email.

"Just wanted to let you know I have the approval from BMW for the individual colors outside, inside and wood trim.

Ruby Black Metallic (X03) – $5000

Platinum Extended Leather (ZAC8) - $2600

Maple Wood Anthracite Trim (XE2) - $800

No additional lead-time would be required for these requests."

My assumption is since the car can not be ordered until March I should bring my $8,400 when I can actually sit down and place the order at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #29
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Maple Wood Anthracite Trim??

Sounds pretty hideous lol IMO.

Interior and exterior color sound nice, I would probably get the carbon leather since you are getting the extended leather as well. The carbon leather stitching on the dash looks great with extended leather.
      01-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #30
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Loganman, I'm trying to get the Platinum interior as well right now, but with Piano Black trim (like in the individual brochure). I'm waiting on an answer from BMW. Can you give me the name of the dealer / salesperson that was able to get it for you?

Also, how much over invoice he give you on the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #31
Loganman
Rep

Interior colors

I have been having second thoughts on the maple trim as well. I like it but not entirely sure how it looks with platinum. The piano finish might be the way to go. I have not put down the $8k yet so I can still change the trim.

I have not negotiated the price of the car. I am getting the vert so the MSRP of the Car comes out around $80,500 to $81,000 for a 6MT. That has all the options and before you add in the $8k for individual colors. Even though pricing has not come out yet for the 2011's should I be around $75k or can I get a better deal on a 2011. Thoughts?

The dealer I worked through was BMW of Sterling in Sterling Virginia and the Rep was Bryan Cuthbert. His email is bryan.cuthbert@bmwofsterling.com.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #32
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Getting $500 over invoice would normally be easy but my guy is telling me that if the individual leather gets approved he won't have much price flexibility. I would almost be willing to go to $1000 over as a courtesy for the service but that's probably about it.

BTW, Platinum / Piano is my favorite, but don't let these guys mess with you. The maple would look seriously classy. These guys like edgy interiors like fox red etc... I like classy interiors. Platinum / Wood is a 7 series staple. Too me the M3 should be all class on the inside and all beast when you hit the gas.

Let me know how your deal goes. If mine goes south, I hope you don't mind if I contact your guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #33
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

2011 M3 Sedan

Well guys I have a 2011 M3 on Order I am just awaiting final approval on my Individual interior request. Here is an email I received today from my Dealer's GSM

Date: January 8, 2010 12:43:26 PM MST
To: jamie decker
Cc: Shane Bolle
Subject: FW: M3 SEDAN INDIVIDUAL

Here is the latest……

Thank you,
Jack Goodman
General Sales Manager
1-888-XXX-XXXX

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 8:05 AM
To: Jack Goodman
Subject: RE: M3 SEDAN INDIVIDUAL

Hi Jack,

Many relevant AG departments are off till Monday.

Hence, I will inform you on the availability, price and earliest production of Amarone Extended Novillo Leather Upholstery next week. Once we clarify these, you can enter the deal into the pre-sold registry to ensure a March allocation.

Regards,
John

--------------------------------
BMW Group Canada
John Paker
Analyst, Ordering and Volume Planning
920 Champlain Court
Whitby ON, L1N 6K9

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:55 PM
To: Distribution; Paker John, V2-CA-V
Subject: M3 SEDAN INDIVIDUAL

Hello John, do we have any info yet on this car?

Thank you,
Jack Goodman
General Sales Manager
1-888-XXX-XXXX
      01-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #34
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganman View Post
My Rep sent me an email regarding the response on my color choices.

This is his email.

"Just wanted to let you know I have the approval from BMW for the individual colors outside, inside and wood trim.

Ruby Black Metallic (X03) – $5000

Platinum Extended Leather (ZAC8) - $2600

Maple Wood Anthracite Trim (XE2) - $800

No additional lead-time would be required for these requests."

My assumption is since the car can not be ordered until March I should bring my $8,400 when I can actually sit down and place the order at the dealership.
That's going to be some interior.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #35
Loganman
Rep

Nice Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Well guys I have a 2011 M3 on Order I am just awaiting final approval on my Individual interior request. Here is an email I received today from my Dealer's GSM

Date: January 8, 2010 12:43:26 PM MST
To: jamie decker
Cc: Shane Bolle
Subject: FW: M3 SEDAN INDIVIDUAL

Here is the latest……

Thank you,
Jack Goodman
General Sales Manager
1-888-XXX-XXXX

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 8:05 AM
To: Jack Goodman
Subject: RE: M3 SEDAN INDIVIDUAL

Hi Jack,

Many relevant AG departments are off till Monday.

Hence, I will inform you on the availability, price and earliest production of Amarone Extended Novillo Leather Upholstery next week. Once we clarify these, you can enter the deal into the pre-sold registry to ensure a March allocation.

Regards,
John

BMW Group Canada
John Paker
Analyst, Ordering and Volume Planning
920 Champlain Court
Whitby ON, L1N 6K9

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:55 PM
To: Distribution; Paker John, V2-CA-V
Subject: M3 SEDAN INDIVIDUAL

Hello John, do we have any info yet on this car?

Thank you,
Jack Goodman
General Sales Manager
1-888-XXX-XXXX
The moonstone is beautiful with Amarone - its a nice combo. This is with the Platinum leather? I have not seen the Amarone leather offered under the 3 series individual catalog on BMW.com. I have seen walnut amarone as a trim option under the 6 series individula catalogue but not as a leather..regardless....it will be an amazing car.

No harm/no foul on the comments regarding my trim. I have been back and forth on the color combinations because they all look good. I was looking at moonstone/rust brown/Eucalptus Red brown trim as my 2nd choice but I think ruby black on a vert looks better. I think the maple trim will work as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #36
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
The moonstone is beautiful with Amarone - its a nice combo. This is with the Platinum leather? I have not seen the Amarone leather offered under the 3 series individual catalog on BMW.com. I have seen walnut amarone as a trim option under the 6 series individula catalogue but not as a leather..regardless....it will be an amazing car.

No harm/no foul on the comments regarding my trim. I have been back and forth on the color combinations because they all look good. I was looking at moonstone/rust brown/Eucalptus Red brown trim as my 2nd choice but I think ruby black on a vert looks better. I think the maple trim will work as well.

On the BMW AG Individual page and you will see that Individual Amarone Extended is in the catalogue. Here is a link to the page you can download the catalogue from: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html Although Individual Amarone is not listed as one of the available Individual interiors for Canada it has been confirmed that it can be done.

Here is the breakdown of Individual option prices in Canada:

*Individual Amarone Extended Leather is $6049.00CAD

*Platinum, Champagne, or Rust Brown Individual Extended Leather $4000.00CAD

*"Individual Composition" which includes Individual Paint, Individual Interior Trim, High-Gloss Shadowline, and Individual Audio is $3900.00CAD.

*Total cost to do a full Individual M3 in Canada with either Platinum, Champagne, or Rust Brown Extended Leather $7900.00CAD

*Total cost to do a full Individual M3 in Canada with Amarone Extended Leather $10,049.00CAD

BTW, My trim is going to be Piano Black with Inlay.

Last edited by BMRLVR; 01-09-2010 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #37
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Got a call from my dealer today! They have their feb allocations. Supposedly only one e90 M3. I'm going in Monday to build it! April production, June delivery. Perfect timing my lease is up June.

Soo excited!!!

D
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #38
lugainy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: ordered 2011 E90 - JEREZ BLACK

Nice, good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #39
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugainy View Post
Nice, good luck!
Will you do Euro Delivery?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #40
lugainy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: ordered 2011 E90 - JEREZ BLACK

I am not doing Euro delivery this time.....delivered to 5 mins from my driveway, Parkview BMW Toronto
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #41
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Would love to do it some day. But not this time.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #42
Saracen77
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 Avant

Is it confirmed that Frozen Gray will be available in the states later this year?

I hope I'll be able to order a Frozen Gray E90 ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #43
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
I have been having second thoughts on the maple trim as well. I like it but not entirely sure how it looks with platinum. The piano finish might be the way to go. I have not put down the $8k yet so I can still change the trim.
FWIW, I was stuck on the maple anthracite trim with platinum interior too but my client advisor in Germany kept telling me, in her own very subtle way, that piano black would be much better (based solely on my outside color choice). When I was coming down to the wire (ordering time) a couple of weeks ago she sent me a large swatch of the platinum leather with 3 different stitch colors to choose from and a piece of the maple anthracite trim. The two go together beautifully but....I didn't realize that the maple anthracite had a distinctive brownish tinge to it, depending on how the light hit it. So it depends on your outside color. In my case, the maple anthracite clashed horribly with the outside and I've chosen the piano black, a sample of which also happened to be in the packet from Germany.

If you can get your hands on some samples, please do. The maple anthracite trim piece goes beautifully with ruby black, they have the same tones if you know what I mean and there's no clashing going on. I only had the chance to put it up beside the color swatch printed in the M3 Individual brochure but they look good together. Of course, the piano black is classic and will go perfectly with anything.

Hope that helps. Mark
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 12:55 AM   #44
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
Getting $500 over invoice would normally be easy but my guy is telling me that if the individual leather gets approved he won't have much price flexibility. I would almost be willing to go to $1000 over as a courtesy for the service but that's probably about it.

BTW, Platinum / Piano is my favorite, but don't let these guys mess with you. The maple would look seriously classy. These guys like edgy interiors like fox red etc... I like classy interiors. Platinum / Wood is a 7 series staple. Too me the M3 should be all class on the inside and all beast when you hit the gas.

Let me know how your deal goes. If mine goes south, I hope you don't mind if I contact your guy.
Our 760Li has Azurite Black/ Platinum Merino Leather with Piano Fascia, and you are right on the money, its a 7 series staple

Getting in a M3 will be amazing! a classy inside and a beast on the outside
Appreciate 0