BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #287
dlaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Did a search but wasn't able to find an answer.

If primary cats are deleted, can this code out the o2 sensor that will throw the engine light?
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #288
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaw View Post
Did a search but wasn't able to find an answer.

If primary cats are deleted, can this code out the o2 sensor that will throw the engine light?

No you need a tune which is much more expensive. BPM, Evolve, ESS, Active Autowerkes all sell a tune that will eliminate the CEL and allow you to pass inspection (except the few states that do the sniffer in the tail pipe).

That said, I would highly recommend the primary cat delete. It really transforms the car. The combination of cat delete/test pipes and tune are said to be worth about 40hp.

The other mod to consider is the underdrive pulley.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #289
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
Because plenty of members have tried other dongles and they have failed. I tried 2 that were suggested by owners here and they were bust. In the end I bought the BMWwhat adapter and it works 100% of the time.
+1

I think the seemingly identical dangle may have different chips inside causing it to not have the same set of functionality. The $10 dangle can be an gamble. I rolled the dice and lost. lol

The app dev did eventually reply to my questions. They indicated that my issues was caused by not having the right dangle. I eventually decided for what I need (just clear CEL for catless) i didn't need the more expensive BMWhat dangle. My $10 one can do it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #290
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Maybe I missed it here, but is there some reference to translate what's on the screen since it's in German?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #291
dlaw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerZ32 View Post
+1

I think the seemingly identical dangle may have different chips inside causing it to not have the same set of functionality. The $10 dangle can be an gamble. I rolled the dice and lost. lol

The app dev did eventually reply to my questions. They indicated that my issues was caused by not having the right dangle. I eventually decided for what I need (just clear CEL for catless) i didn't need the more expensive BMWhat dangle. My $10 one can do it.
So you are able to clear CEL for catless? Is that a permanent clear, or just a temporary clear?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #292
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
So you are able to clear CEL for catless? Is that a permanent clear, or just a temporary clear?

Wait for his response but I'm pretty sure all he's doing is clearing the irritating light on the dash. It may be permanent off on the dash but at no time will he be able to pass an emission test regardless of what the dash says. He's running an aftermarket X-pipe not a test pipe so the x pipe guys usually switch back in the stock x pipe section before an emission testing. After the test, they switch it back. Easy to do on the xpipe because it just bolts in and out. Doing this back and forth switch isn't a reasonable option for test pipes because the primary cats would have to be welded back in.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #293
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maloo
Quote:

Wait for his response but I'm pretty sure all he's doing is clearing the irritating light on the dash. It may be permanent off on the dash but at no time will he be able to pass an emission test regardless of what the dash says. He's running an aftermarket X-pipe not a test pipe so the x pipe guys usually switch back in the stock x pipe section before an emission testing. After the test, they switch it back. Easy to do on the xpipe because it just bolts in and out. Doing this back and forth switch isn't a reasonable option for test pipes because the primary cats would have to be welded back in.
Is this clearing the CEL only for catless or clearing any type of CEL warning?
      06-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #294
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I found this on their site, but it doesn't include the Nav screen warning delete on start-up and there's no DVD in motion coding.

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge..._campaign=home

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #295
dlaw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloo View Post
I would just like to clear it to get the light turned off on the dash. Where I live, we got rid of all emissions testing as of last year, so I wouldn't need to worry about that.

Also, I wouldn't want to just get rid of the light altogether in case of other engine issues when CEL turns on. I would only want to turn off the o2 sensor error for being catless.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #296
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Has anyone tried this dongle, they are adamant about the parts they use inside and claim others don't populate their boards properly. Not to mention the glowing reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-...ELM327+andriod
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #297
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
Has anyone tried this dongle, they are adamant about the parts they use inside and claim others don't populate their boards properly. Not to mention the glowing reviews.

That's one big mofo
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #298
FrankieP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK

Quote:

That's the one I use with the app and it works fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #299
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP View Post
That's the one I use with the app and it works fine.
Awesome, thanks. All functions?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 01:20 AM   #300
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
I'm able to clear the CEL when it comes on. It does not permanently prevent the CEL from coming on again. The CEL comes on in a couple of hundred miles depending on how you drive. But it takes about 2 minutes to clear. I can live with that.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #301
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Has anyone been able to do the ACCEPT screen delete with this app? I can't seem to find it.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:58 PM   #302
FrankieP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK

Quote:
Awesome, thanks. All functions?
Yes up to now all functions. I bought the app primarily to uses as a scanner and clear codes. I have recently been playing around with the coding functions. If anyone is on the fence, don't be. This app delivers.

I coded the windows down with the key fob today, but can't figure out how to put them up with the fob??? Hold down unlock for windows down. Is it hold lock for windows up with fob? Because that didn't seem to work.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #303
M3an V8
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Alpine Weiss

Do you have the IOS or the Android version? I have the Android app and everything I've coded works.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #304
k3silk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 & 14 M5

I need to buy this app and obd2 device.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 12:25 AM   #305
M3an V8
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Alpine Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3silk
I need to buy this app and obd2 device.
If you are, I suggest getting the Android app since the dongle for it is way cheaper than the IOS version.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #306
0_to_60
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

So i went ahead and purchased the app and bought a $20 elm 327 off of amazon and i think its not fuctioning properly. I keep getting a prompt " the connection has been established but the engine has not answered. Please try with enhanced communication, check the battery/ignition try agon with running engine, restart the app and wife" Well i did all this and still getting this prompt. Also for service reset, it says its not available with this adapter, for DPF "your engine could not be identified".
I just dont want to spend 70 bucks for gen 2 elm327, what a rip off to be honest. Anyone run into the same issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #307
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

I started with the ELM327 and it worked ok, however wanted to be 100% before coding so went for Carly's adapter for another 25euro isch. Get that one and you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #308
vincE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
'11 E92 M3  [0.00]
Im using the Vgate adapter with Carly and I'm able to run diagnostics, clear faults, parameters, and coding of all ECUs except for two: alarm (which i don't have) and one other (forgot which)
Appreciate 0