BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #67
Minimization
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5 Sedan SMG III

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
I don't see how the hump is "tackier" than having an aftermarket GPS Nav unit suctioned up to your windshield with cords dangling from it, blech. No matter how clean the install, aftermarket always looks like aftermarket.
Good point, but i will not be buying a nav period. After market or otherwise.
X2/4MA/610/322/453/655/416/465/261/496
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #68
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
haha very true!!!!

and my 2 cents are to load that puppy up and enjoy! or if the M3 is stretch then get a loaded 335 with some nice mods! there is something to be said for living with in your means!
i.e my self I could have swung for the M3 but opted to buy a new ducati and get a loaded 335 coupe with room for rims and up grades
yeyeye we think alike! i'd get a loaded 335 over a half-assed M3.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #69
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Going for an after market nav system is stupid considering how good of a system iDrive is. I've had it for a while now and generally it's fantastic. Plus, many of the new M3s functions are either contingent upon or extremely reliant on having iDrive. Audio settings, iPod/USB integration, managing how the car drives (EDC, throttle control), climate control, etc. This is an E92 M3, a car with an immense amount of its soul and personality derived from the mass of various tech offerings integrated through iDrive. A few grand for iDrive or the tech package seems miniscule when we're talking about an already $60k+ car. Very few of us are going to get bare bone M3s, so after all is said and done, most of us will be paying $65k out the door. At that point, it's silly to ignore one of the most essential features of this car considering its relative value.
you make some nice points. I am not decided one way or the other, IMO money saved is wise most times, and sometimes simpler things (like normal cruise control not laser or normal shocks not electronic etc..) I am not saying the active shocks are good or bad but just because it's fancy does not mean it's better, and what about the complexity and weight? IDK the answer but I would assume normal suspension weighs less and more likely to not malfunction. IDK

As for buying an option for resale, that's the farthest thing from my mind. Really the farthest thing. Say some option or group of options cost $5K and it's tax and interest on top so you are at $6K already. Now give me $6K I'll invest it in the stock market and in 5 years I have $10K or I am trying to resale a car and I'm getting $2K extra for the $6K paid.

So what I mean about all that is that I'd get some options cos I want them such as ipod or whatever not b/c I want to resale them and make money.

A perfect example is the sunroof, I HATE sunroofs. When I was looking to buy a e46 M3 you could order with or without, the sales person said you need to get a sunroof since 90% will have and you want to resell. Bla bla bla, I'd pay extra right now for a e46 w/o sunroof if i was in the market. I don't view it as buying a car for somebody else. Now it's not like buying a lime green car or pink car or whatever that may be trouble selling. I believe there will be a market for M3s even if they don't have a 5-year old nav system (5 years from now).
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #70
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Must be one hell of an option package if you have to justify getting for reasons of future resale value. The bottom line is that the base car with no options is one hell of a car. If there was something that was so essential to this car it would probably already be included. It's nice to have choices though, so everyone should get what they want by all means.

I enjoy reading about everyone's opinions. Thank goodness for choices.

many people will be looking to buy a used strip down model in a few years.

also in 5 years the technology will be outdated and possibly usless - as in the e46 NAV in 2002 - it was and still is useless.