BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #89
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Just tried this. I have CA and holding my finger on the textured area on the handle for a few seconds closed all windows. Cool. Hope you can get yours to work.
Ok, got it to work tonight. VERY cool!
      05-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #90
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Sure. You just put the key in the lock, turn and hold. Windows go back up ... just like on your old E46 !!
Thanks, was referring to key unit while standing away from the car; as opposed to using the key physically.

Old e46M3, click the middle button 3 times and windows roll up.

New e92M3, hold handle and windows roll up...press the middle button three times and no go on the windows...that's what I'm speaking about.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #91
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Haven't read through the thread, but the brake rollback delay on an incline. Comes in handy especially at the intersection of La Cienega and Sunset.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #92
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Say what? All the time I had with my E46 M3 and I never knew this. I wonder if there any "easter eggs" like this for the E9x M3?
      05-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #93
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Thanks, was referring to key unit while standing away from the car; as opposed to using the key physically.

New e92M3, hold handle and windows roll up...press the middle button three times and no go on the windows...that's what I'm speaking about.
Sounds like you might have had a special aftermarket module fitted then. Because from factory, for USA built cars, the window up feature was not available from the remote key fob for "safety reasons".
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #94
dbacon
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 Space Grey / Fox Red

Quote:
Going from memory, so dont quote me ... but something like.

Navigation > New destination > Information > On location > car and travel > Car services > Gas stations.

Whatever the current search is, icons for the search criteria will also be displayed on the map.
Found it following this path...thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #95
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Sounds like you might have had a special aftermarket module fitted then. Because from factory, for USA built cars, the window up feature was not available from the remote key fob for "safety reasons".
No sir, was added on my e46M when I requested my service department to include that, pathway lighting, no day time lights, and the auto locking on the doors upon exceeding 5mp.

Also, the windows had a saftey feature, where if an object disrupted the closing of the window, it would retract back down...so saftey was a non issue on auto roll up.

Sometimes you have to just ask for it

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #96
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No sir, was added on my e46M when I requested my service department to include that, pathway lighting, no day time lights, and the auto locking on the doors upon exceeding 5mp.

Also, the windows had a saftey feature, where if an object disrupted the closing of the window, it would retract back down...so saftey was a non issue on auto roll up.

Sometimes you have to just ask for it
I had the no-daytime-lights and auto locking door options but I never would have thought to ask for the remote feature. In fact, my CA specifically told me that it could not be done via remote, that you had to stick the key into the door handle, turn it and hold to roll the windows up.

As far as the obstruction feature, all power window cars have this and if I'm not mistaken I believe it is mandated by law. The term "safety feature" should be relabeled to "our lawyers made us do it so some litigious redneck doesn't take us to the cleaners when he gets his head stuck in the window" feature. (No offense to rednecks. Some of my best friends are rednecks.)

BTW, what exactly is "pathway lighting"?
      05-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #97
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
I had the no-daytime-lights and auto locking door options but I never would have thought to ask for the remote feature. In fact, my CA specifically told me that it could not be done via remote, that you had to stick the key into the door handle, turn it and hold to roll the windows up.

As far as the obstruction feature, all power window cars have this and if I'm not mistaken I believe it is mandated by law. The term "safety feature" should be relabeled to "our lawyers made us do it so some litigious redneck doesn't take us to the cleaners when he gets his head stuck in the window" feature. (No offense to rednecks. Some of my best friends are rednecks.)

BTW, what exactly is "pathway lighting"?
LOL....gotcha. Ya, not sure, all i know is that my SA went through my DME and had set this up. Going to ask if they can on our cars too; as i used this feature all the time.

Pathway lighting is when the car is off, you pull back on your blinker lever, and your headlights illuminate for a set period of time to light up the "pathway" ahead of you.....potentially provides vision when you walk away from your car at night. With iDrive, we can set this up ourselves, really easy.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #98
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

BMW Assist: Open the aerospace-ish protective cover and hold the button down. You get connected through the cars built in mobile phone (not your mobile) to a live BMW operator 24/7. You set up your access, they explain the system and features (automatic calls when in an accident, when airbags deploy, need a tow, any other emergency calls, phone number to use to get let in to a locked car, etc.). Operator I spoke to was super friendly and very knowledgeable. The completely encourage this first non-emergency/introductory car.

Seemed like a cool thread the bump as well.

P.S. I don't recall if Assist is part of an option package or available seperately.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:29 AM   #99
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
BMW Assist: Open the aerospace-ish protective cover and hold the button down. You get connected through the cars built in mobile phone (not your mobile) to a live BMW operator 24/7. You set up your access, they explain the system and features (automatic calls when in an accident, when airbags deploy, need a tow, any other emergency calls, phone number to use to get let in to a locked car, etc.). Operator I spoke to was super friendly and very knowledgeable. The completely encourage this first non-emergency/introductory car.

Seemed like a cool thread the bump as well.

P.S. I don't recall if Assist is part of an option package or available seperately.
BMW assist is part of the Premium Package. The option code for assist is 639
      06-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #100
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2381 View Post
BMW assist is part of the Premium Package. The option code for assist is 639
also available separately...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:08 AM   #101
Mickb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW/FR E92 M3 DCT

Don't believe this has been posted yet. By setting door locks to "convenience", two presses of the unlock key unlocks the car as normal, but then when you open the drivers side handle, the drivers window drops about half way. This is dead handy when trying to squeeze into tight parking spaces etc.

Mick
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #102
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
Don't believe this has been posted yet. By setting door locks to "convenience", two presses of the unlock key unlocks the car as normal, but then when you open the drivers side handle, the drivers window drops about half way. This is dead handy when trying to squeeze into tight parking spaces etc.

Mick
How does this help when your trying to squeeze into tight parking spaces?
      06-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #103
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Better question - why are you parking in tight parking spots?

A91 Edition Supra | Armytrix | Rays
M3 Saloon | Akrapovic EVO | B&G Sport
M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klässen ID M52-R | Akrapovic | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #104
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Makes it easier to exit the car, not park! lol
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #105
Mickb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW/FR E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Sorry, I meant trying to squeeze into your car when it is in a tight parking space (not trying to squeeze the car itslef in)

When you are trying to get in when close to another car, because the window curves inwards it makes it even tighter. When the window is down it is much easier to squeeze in and balance with your upper body where the window would have been. Might not be an issue for you guys in the states, but here in Europe parking spaces are generally far tighter.

Mick
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #106
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bher View Post
the tilting of the passager mirror while reversing
How do you activate this function ??
Any help ?

Best Regards, Maika
      06-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #107
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Maika View Post
How do you activate this function ??
Any help ?

Best Regards, Maika
If yours doesn't do it, try to flip your adjustment mirror switch the other way and try again. In one position it disables the mirror from tilting. I'm not sure which side it would be on for Spain ... especially if your M is RHD.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #108
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
If yours doesn't do it, try to flip your adjustment mirror switch the other way and try again. In one position it disables the mirror from tilting. I'm not sure which side it would be on for Spain ... especially if your M is RHD.
I have a button that tilts both mirror, but what i need is to tilt down the mirror on the right side when doing reverse in order to see the ground when parking.

Best Regards, Maika
      06-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #109
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Maika View Post
I have a button that tilts both mirror, but what i need is to tilt down the mirror on the right side when doing reverse in order to see the ground when parking.

Best Regards, Maika
Hmm ... reread my post. When you go in reverse it should automatically do it. If it doesn't, go into neutral then change the adjustment mirror switch. Not the button to fold the mirrors. The adjustment switch is for selecting the left and right mirrors. In one position it disables the reverse tilt of the mirror. For the US when the switch is to the right it will disable it (pointing to the side that we would normally parallel park on).

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #110
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The E46 M3 had the front windows go down a bit (cracked) when the door was opened or unlocked. This helped to close the door as it was so airtight that without the crack the air pressure would work against closing the door. I was thinking that was what Mick was talking about. But what he is talking about sounds different.