BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #1
No65mph
Private
Rep
Drives: Modified C63 coupe GLK 350

Looking to buy an M3. Need Advice.

Hey guys, i have done quite a bit of looking and driving the m3 competition coupe car and that is the car I am looking to buy within a few weeks here. But I figure I would come to the experts on the car to ask what I should watch out for and what to look for.
Here is what's on my list.
2010 to 2013 low mile car, competition car with the technology pack, pretty much fully loaded. I would not mind some mild upgrades, dinan chips, exhaust and the such. I would like the car to have a little more power than stock without going full on supercharger if possible. I'm not against it, but have had issues with supercharged cars in the past. My question is, is there a year I should avoid or upgrades from the factory that are worthwhile to have. Thanks in advance everyone

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:03 AM   #2
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....
Rep
Drives: LMB 2011 BMW e93

Find the car you want, get an inspection, etc. you seem to know what you want and those year cars are pretty solid.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #3
No65mph
Private
Rep

Thanks BB. I was looking through other threads trying to learn more and the rod bearings issues have me a bit worried.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....
Rep
Drives: LMB 2011 BMW e93

I know there are some strong feelings on the rod bearings' issue without any definitive answer from what I understand. I am sure someone more technical knowledge will reach out about that. Good luck with your search and don't let one possible issue run you off from these fun machines!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:39 AM   #5
No65mph
Private
Rep

Absolutely. I'm just trying to get all my facts in a row about any potential things to watch out for. Its a great car and I have been searching for these types of cars for a few years. The c63 coupe was high on my list as well, but this car drives and handles so much better. Very balanced feeling. Its the one for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by No65mph View Post
Absolutely. I'm just trying to get all my facts in a row about any potential things to watch out for. Its a great car and I have been searching for these types of cars for a few years. The c63 coupe was high on my list as well, but this car drives and handles so much better. Very balanced feeling. Its the one for me.
I'm watching this thread with keen interest too...am holding out for the new M3 (probably 2016), but now think I am going to get an E90 M3 in the meantime with similar spec to your target, ....and was considering a C63 sedan/estate also.

Searching the forum can sometimes magnify what is in fact a small problem in a small % of cars. It's good to hear from knowledgable members with objective opinions eh.
Appreciate 0