BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

03-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
ChasenM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

A red BMW will always attract more attention than a red Merc..
      03-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

My car isn't SC. Actually no tuning company has a SC kit available for the M156 engine and probably never will after the announcement of 5.5TT.

Build quality isn't an issue at all. Compare this forum to a C63 forum in terms of threads about mechanical issues and you will see the M3 owners for the most part are having more problems by far. This is my first MB coming from an E46 M3 ( and 2 other BMWS) so I have no dedication to any brand.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #25
Canonicity
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
Not true always in the USA. Many people are driving these cars which were paid for by not a dime produced by even a minute of them working (Mommy & Daddy).

I think the OP is a troll considering his low post count and he is just trying to start things.
Not a troll, lol. I'm asking a legitimate question. I figured it might be possible that it would start a flame war; however, I'm assuming you guys are too mature for that.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #26
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicity View Post
Not a troll, lol. I'm asking a legitimate question. I figured it might be possible that it would start a flame war; however, I'm assuming you guys are too mature for that.
Sure you are. How old are you by the way?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #27
Canonicity
Rep

Quote:
Sure you are. How old are you by the way?
I'm 18, and got my life insurance license about a month ago. I'm still in high school, but graduating early. Plan on going to UCSD to ultimately get my MBA.

I don't have any expenses so it wouldn't take me long to earn enough for my car

and once again, not a troll

Take note: I asked only to humor myself

Last edited by Canonicity; 03-10-2010 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #28
joseph328
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 992 Turbo S , E92 M3, Audi SQ8

YOU get the girls .

C63 AMG - sound is deadly , straight line amazingly fast , i think that's not a sports car , it's more a limousine
M3 - Best balance , magnet for chicks , from M3 they expect a young good looking guy , from C63 they expect 40 y/o daddy after divorce chasing young chicks (no offense guys)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #29
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Alright I think it’s time to offer some sanity to this thread. Unless the OP is in High School neither of these cars are going to get you any tail. Furthermore considering I am in my late 20s I can’t think of any scenario where the advantage of driving a nice car would get me a girl. Furthermore any woman who has a respectable career, and lives on her own will think you’re the biggest loser if you mentioned the car you drove to her at first.

Looks are clearly subjective. The M3 coupe is a VERY nice looking car with an attractive wide stance. The sedan however in my opinion is nothing great.
wow if you think the sedan doesnt look great i cant understand why ud be driving the mercedes.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #30
lebreeze
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18’c63s,15’macanturbo,14’ 991s

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnokGnik View Post
E92 M3 > C63 > E90 M3

When it comes to O.C vanity.
+1
      03-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #31
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Is it really all about her? I think not. Get your priorities straight man! Get the car YOU want.

If you want to pick up chicks....... Porsche, Viper, Lambo, Ferrari..... everything else is the same to 98% of women.
      03-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #32
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Is it really all about her? I think not. Get your priorities straight man! Get the car YOU want.

If you want to pick up chicks....... Porsche, Viper, Lambo, Ferrari..... everything else is the same to 98% of women.
+1

Let the chicks respect you for YOUR choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 01:35 AM   #33
joseph328
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 992 Turbo S , E92 M3, Audi SQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
I also don't like the fact that the traction control turns on anytime I go near the throttle
Pull out the plug, works well
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #34
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Get The Bmw Much Better Looking Better Performing More Controllable Car. C63 Is Boring With A Big Enginge. This Is Where The Base Model Looks Better Than The Amg Version.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #35
Canonicity
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
You're 18 and you're getting an M3!?!?!

Yeah, No way you're affording that on your own.
Hahah, this is where sheer determination and hard work play in. I WILL be able to afford one.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #36
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
Get The Bmw Much Better Looking Better Performing More Controllable Car. C63 Is Boring With A Big Enginge. This Is Where The Base Model Looks Better Than The Amg Version.
You have absolutely NO clue about the car and possibly even the M3. Your above post is a perfect example of why your opinion shouldn't be valued at all. To even say a C300/C350 is better then the C63 is pathetic. I mean I could argue but wouldn't, a 135i/335i with a tune would be just as fast or faster then the M3. But you can never draw that comparison on the MB side. However you previously said the C63 and M3 had the similar power. That would be like arguing the C63 and M3 have similar handling, while the M3 for the most part has put down a better lap time on every track. It's safe to say you have no knowledge on the subject.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #37
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

For 18 you sound a bit mature. The personality will get the babes. The last thing you want is some golddiggin hoe from Cali! If you did want a hoe a nice M3 coupe should do it...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #38
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicity View Post
Hahah, this is where sheer determination and hard work play in. I WILL be able to afford one.
If by afford, you mean every penny going to your car while mommy and daddy pay for everything else, then yes you can afford one.

If that was the case, most of us will be driving Veyrons...LOL!

However, the definition of "afford" by most of us adult BMW ///M3 owners can be:

1. Paid Cash
2. Pay the monthly payments of over $1000 per month and do not exceed a 1/8 income ratio (the car payment does not exceed 1/8 of your monthly income, i.e., $1000 payment and at least $8000 income per month).

You are young so I recommend you invest your money and not blow it on a depreciating asset like a car. You are only 18 so there is no way you have "worked hard" like you claim. But don't despair, with your work ethic and determination, I am sure you will be able to afford an M3 in no time (10-15 years). Who is paying for your education (BS and MBA)? Go to school, get educated, payoff or begin to payoff your student loans and then get a car of your choice. Priorities man...

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #39
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
For 18 you sound a bit mature. The personality will get the babes. The last thing you want is some golddiggin hoe from Cali! If you did want a hoe a nice M3 coupe should do it...
+1, unless u are a player or 'play(n)a' as they say in Boston than you really don't want to be picking chicks up with your car. I find it funny that in the western culture that you are expected to find true love at a bar or a club.

I find my car to be more of a guy magnet rather than a chick magnet. Having this car for over a year and I couldn't remember any instances where a female approached me or my car. It's mostly dudes that are drooling over my car at gas stations or crosswalks.
      03-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #40
Golgothar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:
You have absolutely NO clue about the car and possibly even the M3. Your above post is a perfect example of why your opinion shouldn't be valued at all. To even say a C300/C350 is better then the C63 is pathetic. I mean I could argue but wouldn't, a 135i/335i with a tune would be just as fast or faster then the M3. But you can never draw that comparison on the MB side. However you previously said the C63 and M3 had the similar power. That would be like arguing the C63 and M3 have similar handling, while the M3 for the most part has put down a better lap time on every track. It's safe to say you have no knowledge on the subject.
Dude MikeG_C63_AMG calm down lol!

You proved your point in your comments about the poster!
I have allot of respect for the C63 AMG and know enough about it not to respond to guys in it at stop lights lol!

Theres no need to take a shot at M3's with the "modded 135/335 will beat a stock M3" comment in there as thats really old hat and a totally different flame war in its self.

After all as we all know power is NOTHING without control and the M3 trully shines on the track/in twisties as shown by the recent Tuner GP victory by a 444hp M3 (Basically exhaust and brakes were it's mods) over cars such as Vaths 575 hp MB C63AMG.

Most (Not all) ///M drivers didnt buy an ///M to be the fastest stop light to stop light or even in 1/4 mile and those that did needed to do more research as there are MUCH better cars out there for that (such as your AMG) or spend a crapload of money like pencilgeek to do so. We bought our M3 because it is a great balanced car in that it does everything very well.

Hope your enjoying your SC C63 Amg man thats a heck of a beast you have there!

OLD - 2008 Sparkling Graphite DCT e92
Rpi Scoops/Dinan Intake/DinanECUtune/DinanPulley/DinanExhaust/DinanStg 2 Suspension/Plus some cosmetic mods *SOLD*
NEW- 2011 Black Saphire 550i Sport (Some cosmetic mods/Dinan mods soon)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #41
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgothar View Post
Dude MikeG_C63_AMG calm down lol!

You proved your point in your comments about the poster!
I have allot of respect for the C63 AMG and know enough about it not to respond to guys in it at stop lights lol!

Theres no need to take a shot at M3's with the "modded 135/335 will beat a stock M3" comment in there as thats really old hat and a totally different flame war in its self.

After all as we all know power is NOTHING without control and the M3 trully shines on the track/in twisties as shown by the recent Tuner GP victory by a 444hp M3 (Basically exhaust and brakes were it's mods) over cars such as Vaths 575 hp MB C63AMG.

Most (Not all) ///M drivers didnt buy an ///M to be the fastest stop light to stop light or even in 1/4 mile and those that did needed to do more research as there are MUCH better cars out there for that (such as your AMG) or spend a crapload of money like pencilgeek to do so. We bought our M3 because it is a great balanced car in that it does everything very well.

Hope your enjoying your SC C63 Amg man thats a heck of a beast you have there!
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #42
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

agreed. bc the kind of girls these cars attract are nothing more then gold digging whores. so there pros. they just see it as a C class not a bad ass car. so there going hmm he is just middle class i aint talking to him then steps away and goes and hangs on the guy with the S class etc

the M for some reason attracts them though even though they have no idea what the hell it is

i stay away from the chicks that like you for your car, bc that means they really don't like you lol. but if thats what you want hey go for it

i let them know what i drive afterwards lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
strictly in terms of girls, the m3 wins.
now if it were an s class, then the m losses terribly. but the c63 is unappealing to girls unless they know what it is...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #43
Canonicity
Rep

Quote:
Chill dude, this thread's intention was not to start a flame war

Each car is different in it's own unique way, and people buy for what suits them best personally. Plus, sometimes you gotta just let people be people... and people are ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
Ehh, I think I'm a little different compared to other 18 year olds in my area. They're still playing video games while I'm test driving high-performance vehicles

I'm still working on getting appointed with L.I. Carriers, I seriously can't wait to bust my ass and get my car

I had the privelidge of riding shotgun with Mary Posey (Female racecar driver, if you're a carguy then you know of her) while she raced a '69 camaro (I think it was that, I forgot) around a small track at a Goodguys event. It was seriously amazing, exhilarating, and adrenaline inducing. Her skills as a driver are amazing!

At the SEMA auto-show this last year, I also got to ride shotgun with the guys from Bondurant during a promotion event for the Ford Fiesta. That was just amazing, and awe-inspiring. Those guys really know how to handle a car. I plan on also going to their driving school so that I don't kill myself and actually know how to effectively utilize all the performance in a car and fulfill it's potential.

I grew up around cars. My dad was an enthusiast since the early years and has henceforth brought me to every car show since birth.

So yes, I guess I'm a little bit different

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
If by afford, you mean every penny going to your car while mommy and daddy pay for everything else, then yes you can afford one.

If that was the case, most of us will be driving Veyrons...LOL!

However, the definition of "afford" by most of us adult BMW ///M3 owners can be:

1. Paid Cash
2. Pay the monthly payments of over $1000 per month and do not exceed a 1/8 income ratio (the car payment does not exceed 1/8 of your monthly income, i.e., $1000 payment and at least $8000 income per month).

You are young so I recommend you invest your money and not blow it on a depreciating asset like a car. You are only 18 so there is no way you have "worked hard" like you claim. But don't despair, with your work ethic and determination, I am sure you will be able to afford an M3 in no time (10-15 years). Who is paying for your education (BS and MBA)? Go to school, get educated, payoff or begin to payoff your student loans and then get a car of your choice. Priorities man...

-SZ
1. I will be planning on paying cash for the car, getting into debt is not my plan when just starting out my life.

2. My 'mommy and daddy' are sure as hell not paying for anything else like insurance/maintenance. My dad owned his own corvette at age 19, and his insurance was about $5,000... back then! So I know what to expect. Plus, if he could do it... why not me?

3. I'm assuming I'm paying for my own college at this point, if my parents want to atleast help out... great. I'm transferring out of a community college so I have about 2 years beforehand.

4. I already know of the depreciating value of a new car. That's why I'm also considering buying an old musclecar (retain their value because they are classics, and are hell of alot of fun)... I like the '69 camaro, and '70 cuda. Going on this option could also be considered an investment, as the years go by... the value would also continue to rise as they become more rare and classic.

5. 10-15 Years? Pshh. Too long for me, I'm an ambitious kid and I know that. That's an average number and I'm not average.

6. I'm not starting college til fall, so I have quite a bit of time to work my ass off to be at a point where I could afford a car like this (insurance, maintenance. etc)

7. I know you're giving me advice, I really appreciate it. I just thought I'd tell you a little more about myself before you assumed who, and what kind of person I am.

edit: and hell, I'm 18! I have zero expenses, and no family to support. THIS is the time to own a high performance vehicle and have some fun with it! You're only going to be young once. I don't want to be the old guy who wished he could drive his Porsche 911 turbo the way it ought to be driven.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
agreed. bc the kind of girls these cars attract are nothing more then gold digging whores. so there pros. they just see it as a C class not a bad ass car. so there going hmm he is just middle class i aint talking to him then steps away and goes and hangs on the guy with the S class etc

the M for some reason attracts them though even though they have no idea what the hell it is

i stay away from the chicks that like you for your car, bc that means they really don't like you lol. but if thats what you want hey go for it

i let them know what i drive afterwards lol
Girls that like you for your car are just wanting to get in your pants because they know your wallet is in there. This thread was meant only to humor myself.

That's not someone who is going to stick around when the going gets tough, and it eventually does at SOME point in your life.

Last edited by Canonicity; 03-11-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #44
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

^^

yeah as long as you know thats what there after. so let them think whatever and get some tail then drop em
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread