BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

Supercharger and NYS inspection

Anyone in NY state running an ESS supercharger and primary cat delete? I ask because I had a vt2 650 installed in the spring, tried to get the car inspected last week and the inspection software could not read anything to do with emissions. The shop that did the installation contacted ESS and is still waiting for a response. My question is, if you do have an ESS SC do yo u pass inspection with the company’s software as downloaded?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
Anyone in NY state running an ESS supercharger and primary cat delete? I ask because I had a vt2 650 installed in the spring, tried to get the car inspected last week and the inspection software could not read anything to do with emissions. The shop that did the installation contacted ESS and is still waiting for a response. My question is, if you do have an ESS SC do yo u pass inspection with the company’s software as downloaded?
Not sure I understand.

Did you try to get it inspected in NY with primary cats removed?

Were you expecting the software tweak to resolve the emissions issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

You need a stock X pipe and a stock file ( modified stock file in your case)

Return back to original X pipe with all 4 cats and contact ESS and tell them you need a file for NYS inspection. Search BMW FTP drive cycle and complete that to 'ready' your o2 sensors

Edit: text me if you need an X pipe to borrow but you're gonna have to give me the ride your promised! I hope your knee is doing better I'm pretty sure I tore my meniscus again.

Last edited by nycplumber; 08-28-2018 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
Gman_e92m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

ess has to send you a file-- cause of the bigger injectors with the 650 kit and turn on the sensors once the stock cats are installed.

idk how far you are from autocouture in nj to help you out.
      08-28-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
You need a stock X pipe and a stock file ( modified stock file in your case)

Return back to original X pipe with all 4 cats and contact ESS and tell them you need a file for NYS inspection. Search BMW FTP drive cycle and complete that to 'ready' your o2 sensors

Edit: text me if you need an X pipe to borrow but you're gonna have to give me the ride your promised! I hope your knee is doing better I'm pretty sure I tore my meniscus again.
Thanks Andrew. Texted you. Early October for that ride if you’re still interested.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
You need to have ess provide you with a file to enable the O2 readiness as well as reinstall your primary cats.
Appreciate 0