BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

05-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #23
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

I have heard all three at length. I am currently in a 5 series loaner with the base 10 spkr M3 system. It isn't bad if you just want music and don't like it loud with the base thumping on your favorite songs. If Logic 7 was available I would have been very satisfied..but it isn't. I had Logic 7 on my 330i and it was awesome. I did get the Premium option on my M3 and it is a bit better than the Logic 7. My opinion is you will regret not having it and it will hurt your resale prospects down the road. How will you ever find someone to buy a loaded car with no premium audio? That being said, for the buyer who can afford your car second hand down the road...what are the chances he/she doesn't like to JAM? Slim to none...get the premium audio.
      05-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
markdds
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

This thread has me wanting to call up my dealer to add the premium sound system. I've never been much of an audiophile and the only time I raise up the volume is when I'm driving on the freeway with the windows down. Such hard decisions. Hmmmmmmm...........
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
bmwprince4life
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

i think its worth it cuz i like sound. how many speakers does premium have?
      05-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdds View Post
This thread has me wanting to call up my dealer to add the premium sound system. I've never been much of an audiophile and the only time I raise up the volume is when I'm driving on the freeway with the windows down. Such hard decisions. Hmmmmmmm...........
Well, it really depends on how long you plan to keep the car.

If you won't use the system at all, then don't order it, but if you got the ipod adapter, then chances that you do use the stereo.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #27
snck
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB Coupe, DCT, CF Roof, 19"

Thanks For The Input

Thank you all very much for your feedback. Overwhelming response to add the Premium Audio and I did just that first thing this morning. Dealer said it got added to the order and was scheduled to start production today.

I appreaciate the direct responses. I know there is a search button and don't think I didnt use it. Sometimes its nice to catch some new ideas on the subject and have your question answered personally instead of reading responses to someone elses question. These types of forums always have new members coming on and often they have the same questions you did when you first joined. Thanks for welcoming me by answering mine.

Can't tell you how hard its going to be to wait to take delivery, course alot of you guys already know that first hand.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #28
markdds
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
Well, it really depends on how long you plan to keep the car.

If you won't use the system at all, then don't order it, but if you got the ipod adapter, then chances that you do use the stereo.
I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years. As for using the audio system, I use it everyday, it's just that my ears aren't as refined as others. I usually listen to the radio too. The iPod/USB adapter that I added as an option was more for recharging my phone while it's in the car (because I don't even have an iPod.. yet!).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #29
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdds View Post
I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years. As for using the audio system, I use it everyday, it's just that my ears aren't as refined as others. I usually listen to the radio too. The iPod/USB adapter that I added as an option was more for recharging my phone while it's in the car (because I don't even have an iPod.. yet!).
Ok, my verdict: get the premium audio.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #30
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3

i ordered the premium sound before pricing came out.. waited 6 months for the car and had 2 allocations for first arrivals.. i chose the option figuring it would be $1000 at most!.. silly me.. when the pricing was finally released i would have been bumped to the end of the list if i changed my allocation..

i see it 2 ways.. if you got the money why not, it does sound good!!, but you should get the extended leather too... (non-extended is a lil cheap) get the ///M for its luxury!!

but my boy ordered his without premium sound and i've spent a lot of time in his car.. it is still a great sound.. the premium sound has a much more powerfull bass.. but the normal sterio is not noticeably weak, i wouldnt notice a difference to the 335.. i would have been satisfied without it and saved a lil $$$..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

I sat in a convertible 2010 M3, with std audio, it does have tweeters on front side panels like my 335i, 07's std logic 7, I never played with audio to see if it had logic 7, but description does say DSP! ofcourse premium audio is diff beast.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #32
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

If you plan to do any upgrading at all to the OEM system, do not get the premium sound option. It will be a major headache to try and integrate aftermarket gear into the factory equipment because of the use of the MOST fiber distribution system. If you think you're going to leave it as is, then go for it. The base system is not absolute junk but there is a noticeable difference between the two.
      04-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #33
roller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
If you plan to do any upgrading at all to the OEM system, do not get the premium sound option. It will be a major headache to try and integrate aftermarket gear into the factory equipment because of the use of the MOST fiber distribution system. If you think you're going to leave it as is, then go for it. The base system is not absolute junk but there is a noticeable difference between the two.
I agree. Personally, I think that $1900 spent on an amp + speakers will have better results. But I can understand that most people don't want to go through the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #34
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Exactly. Plus, if you know where to look you can piece together something for substantially less than $1900 that absolutely spank EP and most shop done setups as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #35
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep

If you own that car, you can upgrade, if lease, u cant till u buy after lease because of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Wrooooooong. You can do whatever you want to a leased car but you have to return it to stock before turn-in.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 12:47 AM   #37
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Wrooooooong. You can do whatever you want to a leased car but you have to return it to stock before turn-in.
agree! first you spend to install, and then to remove! lol
Appreciate 0