BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Closed Thread

11-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #155
Cidle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

You are correct, sounds like you have the n54/55 harness. The M3 harness and software did not have the the flat shift option... Believe the wires for the flat shifting where from the road speed sensor of the procede harness.

PM some detailed pictures of the harness and I will try and compare them up to mine

This unit has been out of production for over 2 years now
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #156
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Do you have the install manual?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 04:19 PM   #157
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 alpine white M3

Thanks cidle, greatly appreciated. Why has this been out of production? It's the rev3. Is there even a business that backs this product still?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #158
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep

Nope no manual and forum member never installed. And honestly idk if it's even for the m3 e92. Should I get pics of wiring?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #159
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

You might try to replying with quotes so I get notified that you're replying

Install instructions: http://www.procedetuning.com/styled/...d-5/index.html

Do you have the software and/or USB drivers?

There are vids on Youtube he posted so that you know how to change maps/move through the menus.

Also, check these threads:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=procede

Running catless? O2 simulator: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=procede

His vids showing how to use the command center via the stalk as well as other tidbits: https://www.youtube.com/user/shivatvishnu/videos

I have a document around here somewhere that shows the options/tables available. I'll dig it up and post it over the next day or so.

Lots of posts by Shiv on e90post as well. Might want to check them out.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 11-25-2016 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #160
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
You might try to replying with quotes so I get notified that you're replying

Install instructions: http://www.procedetuning.com/styled/...d-5/index.html

Do you have the software and/or USB drivers?

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure everything out on here. I have read the install instructions numerous times and watched many videos I am just thinking that the wiring that I have with the extra relay in there is for a 335. It is the rev3 for m3 e92. But the previous owner had it on a 335 which will work I guess from my research if you install a relay and switch some wires I'm just not sure what wires he switched and where they go. Also I'm not sure what end connectors are supposed to be on these wires.
I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try to help me with this. We just finished all of the work around the house (nursery,etc..) for my son (first born!) who's about to be born Jan 9th! So the money left over from my fiancé and I doing most of the work! We were able to pickup this kit as kind of a last gift for the car until We figure everything else out!

Last edited by //M3ftw; 11-25-2016 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 06:03 PM   #161
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M3ftw View Post
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure everything out on here. I have read the install instructions numerous times and watched many videos I am just thinking that the wiring that I have with the extra relay in there is for a 335.
Roger. So do you have the tuning software....?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 06:09 PM   #162
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Roger. So do you have the tuning software....?
Yes I have the firmware that the forum member emailed me from someone at Vishnu, that supposedly unlocks the 'Vin lock' and also sent the Maps for the m3 e92. The more I keep reading into this on the Vishnu website. The more confusing it gets even the instructions on the website, look for n54 platform which is what I think I ended up with...you have to cut splice and take wires off that don't need to be used anymore... etc.. so this is a question that I feel like the manufacture has to answer if they are still in business. I have a long way to go before I need to worry about the correct software which is still a worry of mine as well..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 06:21 PM   #163
Cidle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M3ftw View Post
Thanks cidle, greatly appreciated. Why has this been out of production? It's the rev3. Is there even a business that backs this product still?
I highly doubt that any support available but I did hear back from him back in the spring.

The extra wires you are talking about I believe go back into the main harness, should just be a power wire left, from my memory years back so don't quote me on that .

Email sent
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #164
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidle323 View Post
I highly doubt that any support available but I did hear back from him back in the spring.

The extra wires you are talking about I believe go back into the main harness, should just be a power wire left, from my memory years back so don't quote me on that .

Email sent
Thank you I sent some pictures as well, so this business (Vishnu/procede/whatever it is now) is no longer around I can pretty much guarantee if something happens... there's nobody or any customer service to help out at all?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 02:39 PM   #165
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
You may never hear from him. Whether people want to discuss he has a history of blowing up engines.: FACT. I PERSONALLY have been witness to this and not just BMWs.

Good luck....

e46e92
are there any threads on these blown engines with using this software?

i have been curious about water injection for n/a.
Many were banned who started them. You can believe the internet and this site as being gospel and be a victim.....or dig a little deeper. Check my post history--never EVER spoke negatively about a single vendor whether a sponsor or not. I have nothing to gain and not affiliated with this industry.

Remember, this place is a business first. That's all I will say.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 10:22 PM   #166
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Many were banned who started them. You can believe the internet and this site as being gospel and be a victim.....or dig a little deeper. Check my post history--never EVER spoke negatively about a single vendor whether a sponsor or not. I have nothing to gain and not affiliated with this industry.

Remember, this place is a business first. That's all I will say.

Cheers,
e46e92
^^^^^^ you said there I just got this Vishnu kit off of a forum member (not saying names) for my M3 E92! he neglected to tell me that the wiring had been altered for a 335i or something before he purchased it. So I'm heading to my local shop on Monday to see what their thoughts are but I'm sure I will have to fight to get my money back of course... he's already stopped responding... ((he was the nicest guy at first🤔😔&#128553)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #167
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
It's kind of a high entropy solution that isn't worth the 10whp.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #168
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
It's kind of a high entropy solution that isn't worth the 10whp.
When you're s/c'ed, it provides for quite a bit more than 10whp.

www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589573

cidle323 has had this kit on his s/c'ed car for a few years now, and he's still running it, so obviously something must be running right.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 12-02-2016 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 06:35 AM   #169
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I am curious about the gains for the Procede with meth. I was guesstimating 10-15 rwhp. As for whether its worthwhile or not, if you have all the usual bolt ons, what do you do next? Cams? Shorter diff? Used supercharger?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #170
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I am curious about the gains for the Procede with meth. I was guesstimating 10-15 rwhp. As for whether its worthwhile or not, if you have all the usual bolt ons, what do you do next? Cams? Shorter diff? Used supercharger?
The latter. Cidle323 is still running it, and here's what his s/c'ed M3 did w/the Procede. www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589573 He picked up 80whp up top, with gains throughout. That was the main reason I picked one up. I knew at some point I would be s/c'ing, and configured correctly, it's a great supplemental mod. As you already know, the Procede allows the user to store tunes on the unit itself, and defaults to the stock tune when the meth runs out, so it's hard to beat from a safety standpoint. Although the G-power kit is air to air intercooled, and the ESS is air to water, I'm pretty sure there will be some very nice gains to be had with a few small tweaks.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 12-02-2016 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread