BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
SnowGator
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Sedan

Adding to an order

I emailed the dealer (Tulley in Nashua, NH) over the weekend that I wanted to add the new factory alarm option ($400 MSRP, I asked for dealer invoice pricing since my deal was based on $750 over invoice), and they responded that the order was "set in stone." They'd be happy to install an alarm at the dealership for $600 or a LoJack...

This seemed surprising to me since the car is ordered by has no confirmed production date yet.

What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Not sure why they would say that...but I am sure that the more informed folks will chime in. I am curious as the difference in the post March 09 alarm difference (if there is really any end-user differences anyway) as mine was just built this month and is steadily accumulating miles.

FWIW, when I was last lived in New Hamsphire, Tulley seemed "inconvenieced" to show me a 3 series, hopefully that attitude has changed a bit in this economy....
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowGator View Post
I emailed the dealer (Tulley in Nashua, NH) over the weekend that I wanted to add the new factory alarm option ($400 MSRP, I asked for dealer invoice pricing since my deal was based on $750 over invoice), and they responded that the order was "set in stone." They'd be happy to install an alarm at the dealership for $600 or a LoJack...

This seemed surprising to me since the car is ordered by has no confirmed production date yet.

What do you think?
Until your car enters the actual production status ... I forgot what the actual code is ... you can do what the hell you want. Ask around on bimmerfest as well as to what the status code is. The go back .. and find out what status you are in ... and if you are not in production status then threaten them to change it or back out of the order altogether. I would re-do the order with another dealer if these guys don't come to terms.

.. good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:

What do you think?
I am in the same status as you and the dealer just added the alarm for me on Saturday and it showed up on Owners Circle today. I am in status 112, schedule for production. 150 is when you cannot change anything.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

What do you think?
SnowGator...I'm in a similar situation. I ordered my car, the alarm became an option and now its too late to add anything to my order.

I've been going pretty crazy over this the past week trying to figure out if my car would at least come pre-wired for adding the alarm afterwards. Some posts on this forum indicated that it would not come prewired. Nobody and I mean nobody at BMW could give me a definite 100% answer....this is calling 5+ dealerships, talking to several CA, SA, parts dept, shop formans...even BMW North America customer service couldn't say.

Today my CA called me saying i was ok and it was pre-wired, but I still have my doubts. They quoted me $530 for the kit (which I heard wasn't available) plus labor...maybe $900.

So basically more than double than it cost if I ordered it initially....pretty lame. Bad timing!

2009 E92 M3 6MT Jet Black
Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

1) have your CA prove that you are status 150. if you are not, then you can change your order. don't let them sell you BS.

2) beginning MAR 09 production, the OEM "aftermarket" alarm will no longer work on your car. so basically if you don't get it from the factory, you are going to be waiting a long time until BMW releases a new alarm which is compatible with post MAR 09 production.
      04-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
1) have your CA prove that you are status 150. if you are not, then you can change your order. don't let them sell you BS.

2) beginning MAR 09 production, the OEM "aftermarket" alarm will no longer work on your car. so basically if you don't get it from the factory, you are going to be waiting a long time until BMW releases a new alarm which is compatible with post MAR 09 production.

There is an alarm system under Accessories on the BMW site now that I didn't see before...probably new. I think this is what I'm stuck with...$581.

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...productId=1167

Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
SnowGator
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Sedan

I had to argue pretty strongly with the dealership to change the order, but since the car hadn't changed over to production (150) status yet they really didn't have a leg to stand on. It just seemed like a naked attempt to pump up the dealer profit by forcing me to go the $600 dealer-installed alarm route, which as others have discovered may not even be a viable option, at least not at that price.

Anyway... they finally added the alarm, at the full $400 MSRP despite the agreement that the purchase would be for $750 over invoice. The extra $40 obviously isn't a big deal, it's just the principle of the matter... almost like they're going out of their way to stick it to me, even for petty cash. The car flipped over to 150 status the next day, so I'm glad I insisted.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I had to argue pretty strongly with the dealership to change the order, but since the car hadn't changed over to production (150) status yet they really didn't have a leg to stand on. It just seemed like a naked attempt to pump up the dealer profit by forcing me to go the $600 dealer-installed alarm route, which as others have discovered may not even be a viable option, at least not at that price.

Anyway... they finally added the alarm, at the full $400 MSRP despite the agreement that the purchase would be for $750 over invoice. The extra $40 obviously isn't a big deal, it's just the principle of the matter... almost like they're going out of their way to stick it to me, even for petty cash. The car flipped over to 150 status the next day, so I'm glad I insisted.

Good job! I wish I knew about the alarm option earlier.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #10
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:

I would be pretty peeved if my dealer did this to me. You agreed on the price of the car, it shouldn't matter how many options or lack of options were put on the car. They really shouldn't care how the car is optioned and should gladly change things for you. My dealer had no problem adding it when I asked them to. My suggestion is that when you take delivery of the car, make sure you point on that you agreed on $750 over invoice, price out the car at invoice plus the $750 profit and have that number ready. If the number is higher, even by a dollar make the dealer correct it before you sign the paperwork. $40 dollar is not that much, but it really is about the principle at this point. Up to you, Good Luck.
Appreciate 0