BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
JsL
Captain
United_States
144
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF540
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Just Installed DTEC V12 Angel Eyes

First off, these are really BRIGHT. They are the latest e92-lighting.com has to offer with 12 LEDs per side and a cooling fan for the heat sink.

Installation: Pretty straight forward. The box comes with instructions. Before any disassembly, note the position of the stock halogen bulbs, this will save you at least 15 minutes. Place the resistor module all the way to the bottom of the housing, followed by the bulb facing up. Use an allen wrench (I used chopsticks ) to pull the bulb into the socket and orient them just like the stock halogens. Push in and twist. Done.

Brightness: I had DTEC V10s before, which also has 12 leds per side and were extremely bright, but I want the latest stuff, so I got the V12s. The V12s run a brighter LED and have active cooling (fan) versus passive cooling. In my excitement to install the V12s, I removed the old set and installed the new before taking any pictures. But, I can tell you that there appears to be a 35% increase in brightness, which is impressive considering how bright the V10s were already. The pictures were taken with a Galaxy S5 and only the reflections show how bright both rings are. The front shot is too much for the camera phone to handle. The back of the corolla pic is the V12s on, ONLY. Daytime pics to come, weather is not cooperating.

Overall: I'm happy with how bright the set is and feel the bulb and resistor is well built. E92-lighting.com answered my questions quickly and I got my lights in 4 days.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
E92-Lighting
E92-Lighting's Avatar
United_States
701
Rep
35,255
Posts

Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Walnut

iTrader: (324)

looks amazing and very well done, yes, our latest DTEC V12s are definitely amazing super bright, our DTEC V12s are next stage after DTEC V10s, the active cooling fan is unique to us since we put all of our passion into our design and please stay tuned for an innovative controller app soon to be finished!

the outer rings are clearly defined for once, truly an outstanding product!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
rjd598
Major General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
371
Rep
5,980
Posts

Drives: E90 M3/ F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
please post daytime pics from various angles. night pictures almost any of these products on the market will look good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
JsL
Captain
United_States
144
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF540
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
please post daytime pics from various angles. night pictures almost any of these products on the market will look good.
Yeah, I plan to. It's cloudy in the bay area today though.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #5
JsL
Captain
United_States
144
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF540
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Here's a pic with my Galaxy S5 I took at 6pm with the car facing the sun. The rings are actually brighter than the picture depicts. Sorry, I don't have a DSLR for better pics.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #6
///MPower15
Captain
///MPower15's Avatar
222
Rep
967
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Here's a pic with my Galaxy S5 I took at 6pm with the car facing the sun. The rings are actually brighter than the picture depicts. Sorry, I don't have a DSLR for better pics.
Dude that's the Newpark mall parking lot right lol. Rings look pretty good in direct sunlight, nice to see an actual alternative to Lux. Good looking car, wish I had fox red interior.
__________________
E92 M3 ZCP Mineral White/Black | BBS Fi | Ohlins R/T | IPE | OSS | BPM
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 02:06 AM   #7
JsL
Captain
United_States
144
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF540
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPower15 View Post
Dude that's the Newpark mall parking lot right lol. Rings look pretty good in direct sunlight, nice to see an actual alternative to Lux. Good looking car, wish I had fox red interior.
Yup, just finished working out at the 24hr fitness and saw a good opportunity to take a direct sunlight pic... and advertise for the Spirit store at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #8
E92-Lighting
E92-Lighting's Avatar
United_States
701
Rep
35,255
Posts

Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Walnut

iTrader: (324)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Yup, just finished working out at the 24hr fitness and saw a good opportunity to take a direct sunlight pic... and advertise for the Spirit store at the same time.
24 hour fitness is great, especially when most gyms close at 10PM very nice and bright daytime angel eyes, which is expected and the norm these days
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #9
M3thodical
Private
6
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Vermont

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [5.00]
I have a question for the OP. Since this is an older thread and I'll assume you still have these lights installed, how are they holding up? I had a set of the V7's in my car and one of them just died. I've only driven the car about 4500 miles since I put them on so I'd say they didn't last very long. I'd like a set that will last much longer if that's possible and so I'm hoping you've had good luck with these.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #10
JsL
Captain
United_States
144
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF540
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3thodical View Post
I have a question for the OP. Since this is an older thread and I'll assume you still have these lights installed, how are they holding up? I had a set of the V7's in my car and one of them just died. I've only driven the car about 4500 miles since I put them on so I'd say they didn't last very long. I'd like a set that will last much longer if that's possible and so I'm hoping you've had good luck with these.

Thanks!
I had the V12s for 9 months and maybe 9k miles (I enjoy driving the car). I didn't have any issues with them. I upgraded to the V14s after, which I currently have on my car.

Have you tried contacting E92-Lighting about your V7s? I've had pretty positive dealings with him, which is why I've owned the V10s, V12s and now V14s.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #11
M3thodical
Private
6
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Vermont

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
I had the V12s for 9 months and maybe 9k miles (I enjoy driving the car). I didn't have any issues with them. I upgraded to the V14s after, which I currently have on my car.

Have you tried contacting E92-Lighting about your V7s? I've had pretty positive dealings with him, which is why I've owned the V10s, V12s and now V14s.
No I didn't bother to ask since it's been almost 2 years since they were installed. I didn't think there would be much that could be done warrantee wise. I can message them and inquire though. Just sucks that they didn't last long for what you pay for them. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST