BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

My very own cts-v moment

here is a link to my own cts-v moment. he was slow everywhere except the straight but didnt like to be passed. he showered me with parts twice. i guess i should have yelled like the other guy but was in disbelief. i was pretty pissed. he also managed to damage my splitter when he lost his fog lamp.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...820480&page=20

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

? Lol

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Link Fail. If he is dropping parts get him black flagged and he won't be your problem.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
Link Fail. If he is dropping parts get him black flagged and he won't be your problem.
Works when I click. Just goes to the page on my other thread that has the video. That was my other frustration. I came off and bitched to the lead of the run day and he went into a story about how the guy had cancer. I don't care, not relavant to him screwing with my safety.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

I dont see link in app.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Works when I click. Just goes to the page on my other thread that has the video. That was my other frustration. I came off and bitched to the lead of the run day and he went into a story about how the guy had cancer. I don't care, not relavant to him screwing with my safety.
it just doesn't show up in the mobile app. it works on the site and that asshat in the CTSV would annoy the hell out of me. just let the faster cars by and be done with it.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
here is a link to my own cts-v moment. he was slow everywhere except the straight but didnt like to be passed. he showered me with parts twice. i guess i should have yelled like the other guy but was in disbelief. i was pretty pissed. he also managed to damage my splitter when he lost his fog lamp.

[intlink]82048020;[/intlink]
That's good to know he didn't say anything. I was falsely accused of passing under the first two lap yellow. Guy came over steaming mad, I had no idea what he was talking about and shrugged it off as a misunderstanding. Tom came over and scolded me also. Turns out the guy was late onto the track and the yellow was put away........I was lap 4 or 5. The driver later came back to apologize and I accepted. Turns out he is a nice guy, Eddie knows him, Dinan stroker that is quite nice. I think down load meetings or just talking with others in the group helps the day go smoothly. I would hope the group leader would help in that........
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I'm getting the sense that tom picks who he is gonna be mad at based on whether he already likes them or not. Sometimes he will blow up mad and others nothing and let's it slide.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

What I've taken from this video is that you need an S/C -- It would drive me nuts to have everyone pull away form me on the straights.

That dude is a huge dbag of course -- but like you said, what are you gonna do? Especially if Tom (who I assume is in charge) won't help.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I'm getting the sense that tom picks who he is gonna be mad at based on whether he already likes them or not. Sometimes he will blow up mad and others nothing and let's it slide.
Maybe so. It was fair to approach me given the information he had (the guy was an instructor). Once he understood it was his misunderstanding then it was a different story.
My concern is that most of these days are open passing anywhere with a point. There are always one or two guys that don't get the message. They go wide, slam the door shut then drag down the straight. I have to give you props for giving people room.....I need to take note. Plus need to consider if someone has cancer and take it easy on them. I mean I feel for the guy, maybe his last hurrah, but be safe and let others have fun also.

I can say that the best days at the track have been with buddies I know and drive with (or you meet someone new that is your same speed). Point them by and try to follow and vice versa. It is great fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #11
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Depends who I'm foloowing and how much room I give them. This guy I backed off because he showered me with parts. I may just start driving a little more aggressively I think and let them deal with me.
Appreciate 0