BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Attention Detailers:

I know there are quite a few of you professional detailers on the site, I used to do detailing as well but my full time job takes up most of my time now. I still do the odd car and of course, my M.

Can any of you guys tell me where you buy your pads for your machines? I am currently using a Porter Cable 7424

I am in need of new pads, I used to use 1 for compound and 1 for wax. Which website would you recommend and which pads would you recommend. Should I be using 2 or 3 different pads? compound/polish/wax ?

thanks for the help

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
odgaard
keeping cars clean
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M3

i get them here

and here

It depends on the paint condition to decide what pads to combine with polishes. I only use menzerna polishes and a combination of pads.

PO203S and PO85RD is one of the best combo's you can use that can correct very well. 203S has pretty good cutting abilities and finishes beautifully. 85RD is a great finishing polish that leaves a beautiful look. Perhaps start with those two and see if you would need anything with more cut. I normally use orange (cutting), green (light cutting), white (polishing) and blue (light polishing/sealant/wax) pads during a normal detail. Just need to try different combo's depending on the paints condition! Also, right now DI is having a 20% sale on pads

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions
      06-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Detailed Image is a good place to go. They used to give a m3post.com discount (not sure if they do any more).

Lake Country pads are pretty much the standard for pads. You'll need to get different pads for different applications. For example, you'd get a polishing pad to go with a polishing compound. You'd use a fine finishing pad for a sealant. It all depends on the demands of the job. I'd recommend autopia.org for any detailing related discussions...there are a lot of experts on there.

Maybe some of our pros can chime in here...I'm just an amateur in the detailing world.
      06-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

If in Canada, www.eshine.ca is a great place to go. Great pricing, and really fast shipping.
      06-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

eshine.ca would be the place to go
Appreciate 0