BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #67
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

So maybe I can put this back on topic...

Op: If you are concerned about it go speak to the service department and ask why you have an extra 12 miles on your vehicle and have the key FOB read and actually look at what happened on that certain date and so forth...

If you feel like you have been wronged, consult management. This shti happens a lot and for some odd reason no one knows what to do lol. I can't wait for someone to take my shit on a joy ride... I also write down my mileage and ask them if a test drive is necessary and if so I will be in teh car with them.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #68
OneMmmm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan

Op: If you are concerned about it go speak to the service department and ask why you have an extra 12 miles on your vehicle and have the key FOB read and actually look at what happened on that certain date and so forth...

If you feel like you have been wronged, consult management. This shti happens a lot and for some odd reason no one knows what to do lol. I can't wait for someone to take my shit on a joy ride... I also write down my mileage and ask them if a test drive is necessary and if so I will be in teh car with them.
Thanks for the tip.

The car seems to be running fine since service, and more importantly I feel that the low MPG was a result of it sitting in the bay for so long.

I was in crazy traffic Monday night, and noticed the MPGs dropping all the way down to 10.2 from 15.6 -- it was reset earlier in the day. Very similar to when I dropped it off re: recent reset and long periods of engine on without movement.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #69
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Has anyone in this forum ever been able to go back into the service bay at the dealership and watch the work get done on their M3?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #70
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

The service department at the dealership is the least of my problems in Houston. Here, the roads look like they belong in Kabul, and the other drivers belong on a bus (where they can't run into anything).
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #71
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

/\ this.
Many of us abuse the m on daily basis . it takes it and demands more. I don't believe that a single joy ride will have detrimental effects on your car. It takes time to learn the proper power band and swift range to fully enjoy the m at its best. I would not worry about few extra kms from the BMW dealer.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #72
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Conv - San Marino Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I'm actually researching this too but one made by blackvue is really appealing to me.

Quite interesting! I've always been curious about what happens to our cars when they go behind the walls. Is this a state specific law? Are you allowed dash cams in all states? And will that void any warranty?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #73
blankstar43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post

I agree with this. If you are truly concerned with you car being taken on a joy ride that could have resulted in damage to the car, the key FOB reading should be able to show a significant amount of data related to the time frame you want to see.

Other than that, I'd say put a camera both for your service appointments and daily driving like many drivers do, specifically in lesser developed countries. Might save you a lot of hassle with an insurance company down the road should something happen and there is a dispute over fault.