BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
(no wires coming out of the headlight housings).
Definitely an upside, I agree.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I switched from Alpine to LUX. Had some iffy customer service from Alpine as well.

Also, even if it's isolated, I'm not taking a chance on yellowing. And at night the HID kits = a blob of light. Sure, they are bright, but I got complaints from guards at the military bases I drove into to turn my headlights off, when only the angel eyes were on. Can't be bothered to turn DRL's off every time I come into the gate.

LUX was the best for me. Bright enough, but not so bright that it turns into a blob of light when the headlights are on too, and very easy to install (no wires coming out of the headlight housings).
Glad you are happy with the way the LUX h8 V3's turned out!!!!

As well ot the OP - All LED Angel eyes will get hot but this is normal and it will not cause any problems or issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
Bel-Tirid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 e92 Interlagos blue

hi i want one, can u plz give me link for order one set of LUX h8 V3. Ty
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximusdafarmer View Post
Were you pulled over because the cop knew you didnt have your full headlights on or because your tails were off? I have been wondering if you could code it so when you were just running the angel eyes, i.e. headlights off, your tails would turn on... would at least let you drive around around dusk/ dawn that way.

I dont know.. just an idle thought. I often want to just run the angels when it is dusk and im driving downtown, plenty of light, just dont want to get nailed because of the taillights haha
Lol. Not taillights man. Headlights. I didn't turn them on. I mean cops know there's a light that comes out of those angel eyes. I think they have seen enough BMW's. I can still drive around at dawn time. These days I go until 5:30 and then turn on the lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
Maximusdafarmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Lol. Not taillights man. Headlights. I didn't turn them on. I mean cops know there's a light that comes out of those angel eyes. I think they have seen enough BMW's. I can still drive around at dawn time. These days I go until 5:30 and then turn on the lights.
Haha I think you misunderstood what I meant. I know you had your headlights off, what I meant was when you have your DRL's on only, which for us is angel eyes, your taillights are off. I would think this is much more noticeable to a cop than DRL's versus headlights, since there is nothing on at all back there. So I was basically just wondering out loud if you coded your tails to be on while the DRL's are on, if you might be able to run around like that at dawn or dusk. I imagine middle of the night you are gonna get pulled over regardless, since as you said I am sure most cops know there should be a headlight coming on inside those rings.
      01-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscdman View Post
I hate hate hate when people say use the search. I don't know about others but I use EXCLUSIVELY the iPhone app. There is no search!!!!!!! I don't think people realize this when they post these statement
Next time do a before going off about searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
There is a way to use search while on your mobile devices. You just need to go to full site.
First use google and type out what you want to search.
Copy/cut what you type out on google. Go to search on m3post and paste it on.
The screen will move but don't worry. Just click on search again and the words you paste will be there. Now click search and it should start searching for what you need. This is how I search on my iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #29
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Haha I think you misunderstood what I meant. I know you had your headlights off, what I meant was when you have your DRL's on only, which for us is angel eyes, your taillights are off. I would think this is much more noticeable to a cop than DRL's versus headlights, since there is nothing on at all back there. So I was basically just wondering out loud if you coded your tails to be on while the DRL's are on, if you might be able to run around like that at dawn or dusk. I imagine middle of the night you are gonna get pulled over regardless, since as you said I am sure most cops know there should be a headlight coming on inside those rings.
Damm no shit! I didn't know about that! Our taillights are off when we r on DRL's? Hmm. But he didn't say anything about taillights cuz he was on the opposite direction while I was driving. I am pretty sure BPM can do the coding. get in touch with THE TECH. He should know about this coding.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan326 View Post
I heard that the LUX AA heat up on 2010+ models.
2011 here.. no heating with LUX
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #31
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
2011 here.. no heating with LUX
ALL LED upgrades heat up. Just put your finger on the heat sink after they've been on if you don't believe it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you want your tail lights on while the angel eyes are on just turn your headlight switch to the first position.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #33
Maximusdafarmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
If you want your tail lights on while the angel eyes are on just turn your headlight switch to the first position.
Well then... i'm dumb haha
      02-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #34
kolahib001
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Depends on the color of your car and what you are aiming for.

Here's mine:

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #35
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
FYI, the LUX are NOT the brightest you can buy. Both replacement rings and HID setups will outshine them all day long.
yes i know what you mean bro and agree...im talking about without modding, just a simple plug and play is what im talking about....a couple of my buddies have OSS and omg they're gorgeous youre right they put LUX to shame
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #36
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
yes i know what you mean bro and agree...im talking about without modding, just a simple plug and play is what im talking about....a couple of my buddies have OSS and omg they're gorgeous youre right they put LUX to shame
HIDs are plug and play.
Appreciate 0