BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

05-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
NotCasey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Test Pipe Recommendations?

Hey everyone, fairly new to modifying the e9x platform. I bought my car in august and have been working through maitenance on the car ever since (rb, ta, etc). I’m looking to do test pipes, I just picked up a corsa rear and I think test pipes would be the perfect volume for what I’m looking for without the smell. What test pipes do you all reccomend? I’ve been eyeing up some AA, Evolve, and Macht Schnell tp’s as they look to have the nicest fitment and are least prone to leak. I’m leaning more towards AA and MS due to them being tried and true but any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 08:41 PM   #2
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

AA. Follow the instructions and the fitment is dead on. It also has a little ear for it to be mounted up onto the original brace to secure it in place.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 01:38 PM   #3
NotCasey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
AA. Follow the instructions and the fitment is dead on. It also has a little ear for it to be mounted up onto the original brace to secure it in place.
You’ve just solidified my decision to go AA, they look to be the nicest quality for the best price. I watched a diy on it and it looks very straight forward, thanks for the suggestion!
Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50
      05-05-2023, 04:52 PM   #4
GinTonic
Private First Class
Rep

Just did this recently. Word of advice, have a friend help you and pull the mid pipe completely off. I did it under my car alone without removing the mid pipe and it sucked. A lot of F bombs exchanged between me and my car. Doable, but not fun.
Appreciate 1
CamasM3e933165.50
      05-05-2023, 06:58 PM   #5
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

No issues with my rogue engineering tp either.
After 5 years with test pipes on. I would want to go with welded on Gesi cat's for my primaries.
Only because I still want my loud set up without the smell.
Appreciate 0