BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

06-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #23
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

For those that haven't seen it already here is KITW's video of the E-Tronic in action.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #24
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Imran@Evolve for his efforts in trying to understand my unpleasant experience with Evolve over the span of the last 2 months..

He was patient, responded promptly, and most importantly, treated and paid me the basic respect that a customer expects from any business.

As I have said from the beginning, the E-Tronic axleback is probably the only other unit (Within its price range) I would consider replacing my current Eisenmann Sport system (About as good as any DD setup can be) if I were to try something new.... and it still stands this way..

The vendor has stepped up to admit their mistakes.. They took time in trying to understand for future improvements... Hey thats all a customer could ask for and what I was expecting from Evolve in the first place with all the positive words and reviews on this forum!

It may not be the right opportunity currently (No local interest for my Eisenmann Sport).. but I do hope that I could have an opportunity to rock one of these E-Tronic setups in the future...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #25
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Imran@Evolve for his efforts in trying to understand my unpleasant experience with Evolve over the span of the last 2 months..

He was patient, responded promptly, and most importantly, treated and paid me the basic respect that a customer expects from any business.

As I have said from the beginning, the E-Tronic axleback is probably the only other unit (Within its price range) I would consider replacing my current Eisenmann Sport system (About as good as any DD setup can be) if I were to try something new.... and it still stands this way..

The vendor has stepped up to admit their mistakes.. They took time in trying to understand for future improvements... Hey thats all a customer could ask for and what I was expecting from Evolve in the first place with all the positive words and reviews on this forum!

It may not be the right opportunity currently (No local interest for my Eisenmann Sport).. but I do hope that I could have an opportunity to rock one of these E-Tronic setups in the future...
Thanks for your feedback and happy that I could work with you to resolve this.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #26
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
I have a cruising around video with a decibel reader (in car video) I will edit it later for you guys. But in the mean time here are two videos

Closed and Open Valves at Cold Start

Valves Closed and Valves Open Reving (sorry crappy s3 video)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Drives: Slow

You can make out the sound level difference very clearly but the exotic tone of the valves closed just cannot be captured. Also the loud section just sounds harsh on a video but in real life it's totally different.

We are very confident that if people really knew about all of the features, build quality, actual sound and comparitive prive against other exhausts(very good ones I must add), then would probably be one of the best selling exhausts around.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
You can make out the sound level difference very clearly but the exotic tone of the valves closed just cannot be captured. Also the loud section just sounds harsh on a video but in real life it's totally different.

We are very confident that if people really knew about all of the features, build quality, actual sound and comparitive prive against other exhausts(very good ones I must add), then would probably be one of the best selling exhausts around.
From everything that I've read, this exhaust is nothing short of awesome based on the sound. The only thing holding me back is this maintenance issue with the valves. If it really is once and month as the instructions for the valves indicated, I'm not sure I want to deal with that.
      06-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #29
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
From everything that I've read, this exhaust is nothing short of awesome based on the sound. The only thing holding me back is this maintenance issue with the valves. If it really is once and month as the instructions for the valves indicated, I'm not sure I want to deal with that.
You don't have to do it monthly, I have had it since October of last year and did it once, Did a complete check up of it and there seems to be no problems. I have pictures that I can post this week. Honestly, the valve portion should not be a problem
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
We've had our valves on our E60 M5 and E92 M3 supercharged for over a year now. Never been removed, loads of heat cycles and never once have their failed.
It is very easy to remove them anyway and you can just do it as part of a 6 month service internal.
We will not be cleaning ours at all and see how long they last.

Our valves take extreme punishment with hundreds of dyno runs, top speed events and continual driving.

Other well known manufacturers also use the same valves in their exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #31
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We've had our valves on our E60 M5 and E92 M3 supercharged for over a year now. Never been removed, loads of heat cycles and never once have their failed.
It is very easy to remove them anyway and you can just do it as part of a 6 month service internal.
We will not be cleaning ours at all and see how long they last.

Our valves take extreme punishment with hundreds of dyno runs, top speed events and continual driving.

Other well known manufacturers also use the same valves in their exhausts.
and you guys drive it all year long as well
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #32
Sales@Evolve
Rep

I personally drive one of the two cars every day and I have a 100 mile round trip to work typically through the very scenic and twisty country roads which Britain is so well known for.

I will make a point of removing one of the valves on the cars and take a picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #33
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I personally drive one of the two cars every day and I have a 100 mile round trip to work typically through the very scenic and twisty country roads which Britain is so well known for.

I will make a point of removing one of the valves on the cars and take a picture.
DO it, I want to compare with mine.. minus i have little mileage on the unit lol
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #34
Jimzym3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
Customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Not to deter the OP's selection of the E-Tronic exhaust but only speaking on behalf of my own personal disappointing (UNDERSTATEMENT) experience with Evolve..

Please dont get me wrong as I am not taking away from the fact that the E-Tronic exhaust is a quality piece (I own an Eisenmann and I still wanted to make the switch)... but the customer service (Which I have received) is simply unexcusable..

I am sure there are countless members whom have positive experiences with the company.. I guess its just me that has gotten the short end of the stick.... TWICE

I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt and simply gave up on inquiring

Agree. Customer service is pretty bad. I've emailed multiple times and left voicemails with no responses or follow up.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #35
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzym3 View Post
Agree. Customer service is pretty bad. I've emailed multiple times and left voicemails with no responses or follow up.

Can you let me know which email address you have sent emails to so I can look into this for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #36
carrot297
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

What's the DB level open and closed of the Evolve E-tronic exhaust with Evolve X pipe?

Also anyone know the DB level of the Akra Evo
Appreciate 0