BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #23
nah dude
Pingu
Rep
Drives: White V8 Sedan Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuRRYM3 View Post
http://www.bimmer-tech.net

It basically feels like it's factory. It's fully coded into idrive. It doesn't feel like a workaround.
*idrive control
*Better sound quality than over aux
*Easily switches between other phones/users ( like when my wife drives the car or we're in the call together)
*album info on screen

But it's the add-ons that really make it worth it:
*option to upgrade to BMW apps
*Add in rear view camera with line guidance
*smart view (miracast). This one is cool because I can mirror my phone and put Google maps on my idrive screen
What was your final cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #24
BLuRRYM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
that's not true. also you're forgetting the cost lol it's a great retrofit don't get me wrong, but the tune2air is a great buy if all you really want is good functioning bluetooth streaming.
Maybe free Pandora sounds the same. . .

But when I've compared both aux vs Bluetooth streaming with google play music or 320k MP3. Bluetooth sounds a step above. Or maybe my aux port is dirty, who knows

But like you said, if all you want is cordless streaming you, can get away with a dongle.

I wanted more options, so it was worth it for me. I'm even looking to put in the BimmerTech front camera, once I get my front lip installed. So when I park, I can see how far my lip is from the concrete block. Some parking spots in downtown Tampa are pretty shallow, so you have to get pretty close.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #25
BLuRRYM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneedlessnoise View Post
What was your final cost?
I went to one of their installers in Orlando. Installed it was a little above a G.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #26
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuRRYM3 View Post
Maybe free Pandora sounds the same. . .

But when I've compared both aux vs Bluetooth streaming with google play music or 320k MP3. Bluetooth sounds a step above. Or maybe my aux port is dirty, who knows

But like you said, if all you want is cordless streaming you, can get away with a dongle.

I wanted more options, so it was worth it for me. I'm even looking to put in the BimmerTech front camera, once I get my front lip installed. So when I park, I can see how far my lip is from the concrete block. Some parking spots in downtown Tampa are pretty shallow, so you have to get pretty close.
i'll be honest and say my tune2air sounds the same as the y cable. i'm not an audiophile but i do appreciate a good system. i can't tell the difference and i tried really hard to make a differentiation. regardless though it's still known that aux will be better than bt. they may be equal at one point, but for now bt will not surpass aux quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #27
BLuRRYM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
i'll be honest and say my tune2air sounds the same as the y cable. i'm not an audiophile but i do appreciate a good system. i can't tell the difference and i tried really hard to make a differentiation. regardless though it's still known that aux will be better than bt. they may be equal at one point, but for now bt will not surpass aux quality.
I guess my aux port is dirty or my cable sucks. Lol

But regardless, I'm very very happy with the combox upgrade. It was well worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

If you a proper line-out output to the aux-in, it will sound great and better than bluetooth (like the BMW Y cable).

But plugging your headphone output on your phone to the Aux-In will not sound good because the headphone output is amplified and you're going to lose the high and low end of the audio. The headphone jack is designed to power headphones, not send line level output. You need a proper Line Out to make the Aux In sound good.

In terms of audio quality:

Native decoding (MP3 on USB drive/CD) > Line Out to Aux In > Bluetooth streaming > Headphone jack to Aux In
      03-08-2016, 01:48 AM   #29
yamaha458
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I just went with the tune2air system and thing works awesome still have phone link capability through car and then stream music through tune2air definitely worth checking out
Appreciate 0